• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 1589

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I have voiced the opinion before, but I am also in the single thread boat - at least for now.
yeah, both consoles are looking very similar that it doesnt make sense for me, to make separate threads.

We really do need so later when official info is out, and both start to go into the services, first party games etc that is coming to each respective next gen consoles.

PLASTICA-MAN

Oct 26, 2017
I thought about it in your absence haha. DS4 prototype also has a boxy touchpad if i remember correctly. This is DS5 prototype and not the final version which will be 90% similar to the final version

edit :

no it doesn't :
playstation_4_controller_leak_destructoid_640.jpg

Listen, the slit we were talking about was not represented in the DS4 dotted projections which means the USB port was just symmetrically under the hinge of DS4 hence not represented. Now it seems the trackpad tips and anendings are overflowing from the controller itself to the extent that they are covering the USB port that is maybe the reason why this was drawn on the top projection.

Gamer17

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Listen, the slit we were talking about was not represented in the DS4 dotted projections which means the USB port was just symmetrically under the hinge of DS4 hence not represented. Now it seems the trackpad tips and anendings are overflowing from the controller itself to the extent that they are covering the USB port that is maybe the reason why this was drawn on the top projection.
Could be . But why is the track pad sticking out ? Why couldn't they flesh it out by make it a tiny bit shorter ? I m sure there is a good reason

PLASTICA-MAN

Oct 26, 2017
Oh I got what u mean . So u mean improved clicking mechanism is why they made it longer ?
Yeah, for more fluent clicking without getting some bothersome feedback or occasional trackpad hooking to the controller's skeleton.

Anyway, I hope Sony won't pull another PS Meeting 2013, only showing the controller but not the console itself. i'd rather them take a long time till they get a very good design for DS5 then scamp it. :p
After all it's the thing we hold in our hands and get direct contact with, no the console box itself. The longer they scheme the design and test it, the better.

PLASTICA-MAN

Oct 26, 2017
Klee dualshock 5 leaked .screen or touch pad ?

Does anyone wonder why no patent from MS is leaking? Are they not patenting anything or they will patent it all right before release? Seems a bit odd

he probably doesn't know he only saw a game not the actual controller. The wired article writer saw just a prototype of DS5 but he said it looks exactly like a DS4 with a trackpad and lightbar. Ife he saw lightbar it means the design he saw was really a DS4 with buil-tin microphone so if the final design had it, then it would have been drawn. Here this design give any hint or margin or an opportunity to find a lightbar proof. This design is now patented so it must be newere than the one the wired journalist saw, with its bigger design too, I think if he saw it was bigegr, he would have mentioend it too. So this design we should focus on right now, not the hybrid one the wired journalist saw.

About Xbox, werll we ddin't get some leaks about the console specs itself, let alone its controller. :p Anyway MS seems tighter about those leaks or maybe not enough materials to leak right now. Devs must be just using XB1 controllers for scarlett and I don't think MS would change the controller drastically and will almost keep it 1:1. Maybe add Haptic feedback too.

Kolbe1894

Oct 25, 2017
all the link says is that the holiday 2020 deadline is catching up to them.

they could easily stop testing any time and go with a lower clock whenever its time to go into production. what do you think r&d is? they dont sit on their ass for months before going into production. the silicon is finalized yes, but you can continue testing the chips for as long as you want. ms increased the clocks like three months before launch.
I know it's from 10+ days ago, but i have to that's not what he said(i am native chinese speaker).
"Holiday 2020真的趕得上嗎..."=the poster is questioning can Oberon really catch up in 2020?

PLASTICA-MAN

Oct 26, 2017
I mentioned this before but no one seems to give an attention to this but the peripheral port got changed to another jack plug. Dunno why.

Oct 27, 2017
I love the DS4 so a DS5 with no light bar, better rumble, better triggers and longer battery is perfect. Those patent images and mock ups are great imo.

I hoped they find a way to make a split DS5 that functions like two Move wands for VR but c'est la vie.

this confirms I think that if you want to play original PSVR games on PS5, you will need a Dual Shock 4 because they've already said its BC with VR but many games need the DS5's lightbar, like Astro Bot

NediarPT88

Oct 29, 2017
I'm not saying the dotted part is necessarily significant, but I think its noteworthy that when you put it up against the DS4 applications (and it's 'dotted' bits), there are some differences. So, at least, the dotted bits aren't just a copy-paste from DS4 applications.

E.g.

rFyglvE.png

itTTCeb.png

Thanks for these comparisons.

Not sure I like the change to the bumpers, they seem smaller. The rest looks like a improvement.

Kolbe1894

Oct 25, 2017
Cool. Would you mind translating everything else he wrote. maybe his subsequent responses in the chat as well.
1. and 3. are talking about Navi itself.
1.i believe he just saying Navi's production is fine
3.is there will be a 505 mm2 Navi GPU coming(well that's huge), someone ask him "is it so huge because it use HBM?" he reply nah it use GDDR and 505mm2 is just the core

Both 1 and 3 are talking about PC GPU anyway.

Is it probably that could Oberon catch up to the specs Sony requested?
Who knows, maybe it's heat issue due to 2Ghz.
Anyway even it's real, i personally believe PS5 will still coming late 2020 and the quality will be fine(i hope at least).

Deleted member 1589

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Stadia reviews are out.

Looks like there's minimal input lag, but I can't believe how I missed that crushed blacks, artifacts caused by particles is still a problem on the best YouTube videos. Not to mention that connection issues is still prevalent.

Wonder how a game like God of War would look in streams.

AegonSnake

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
1. and 3. are talking about Navi itself.
1.i believe he just saying Navi's production is fine
3.is there will be a 505 mm2 Navi GPU coming(well that's huge), someone ask him "is it so huge because it use HBM?" he reply nah it use GDDR and 505mm2 is just the core

Both 1 and 3 are talking about PC GPU anyway.

Who knows, maybe it's heat issue due to 2Ghz.
Anyway even it's real, i personally believe PS5 will still coming late 2020 and the quality will be fine(i hope at least).
thanks!

big navi sounds amazing. must be the 80 cu part nvidia killer.

80 CU 2.0 ghz would be 20.4 tflops. should offer 2080 ti performance.

Oct 25, 2017
Stadia reviews are out.

Looks like there's minimal input lag, but I can't believe how I missed that crushed blacks, artifacts caused by particles is still a problem on the best YouTube videos. Not to mention that connection issues is still prevalent.

The games are not running any where near the settings they bragged about. Destiny 2 is upscaled 1080p and RDR2 is like 1440p/30fps.

2Blackcats

Oct 26, 2017
Stadia reviews are out.

Don't understand why people keep saying stuff like "minimal input lag" it adds the equivalent of a shit TVs worth of input lag on top of your usual input lag.

I mean for regular Joe gamer who doesn't bother setting up his TV that's fine. But surely most people who frequent this forum aren't going to find that acceptable.

Deleted member 1589

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Don't understand why people keep saying stuff like "minimal input lag" it adds the equivalent of a shit TVs worth of input lag on top of your usual input lag.

I mean for regular Joe gamer who doesn't bother setting up his TV that's fine. But surely most people who frequent this forum aren't going to find that acceptable.
yeah, I should have added that. For the average joe gamer it shouldnt be a problem. Reviewers seemed fine with it too.

Oct 25, 2017

To be fair if you looking to make Stadia your main gaming platform you probably don't care too much. Streaming was never going to match local hardware.

PLASTICA-MAN

Oct 26, 2017

going with a vega GPU was a serious mistake by google.

my guess is that google underestimated the necessary memory bandwidth to fully utilize their GPU.

Wowsa, so lower than XB OX eventhough having a more pwoerful hardware, What's going on?
People fearing Lockhar would hold back next-gen, actually I said this before, I fear Stadia is going to hold down next-gen if next-gen games are developed while considering it too. This is a given now.
Hopefully they will release their upgraded hardware that will support 8K.

Btw, what if Sparkman was the hardware Google is chasing afetr this one to get higher Stadia service? After all they said 8K and 120 FPS will come later which means a more pwoerful hardware is planned for the future.

Last edited:

2Blackcats

Oct 26, 2017
To be fair if you looking to make Stadia your main gaming platform you probably don't care too much. Streaming was never going to match local hardware.

Yeah, I think streaming will be a great extra option. It was more the "minimal input lag" statements that keep getting thrown around. When you look at the numbers there's nothing minimal about it and that's only in perfect conditions which few people will be lucky enough to experience.

I could totally see myself playing a bunch of old jrpgs this way. But Destiny 2? Lol.

AegonSnake

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Wowsa, so lower than XB OX eventhough having a more pwoerful hardware, What's going on?
People fearing Lockhar would hold down next-gen, actually I said this before, I fear Stadia is going to hold down next-gen if next-gen games are developed while considering it too.
no one is gonna do that. literally no one.

it will be like the switch. devs will simply downport. we are seeing it happen already.

sncvsrtoip

Banned
Apr 18, 2019
People fearing Lockhar would hold down next-gen, actually I said this before, I fear Stadia is going to hold down next-gen if next-gen games are developed while considering it too.
vega56 is only 1.45x more powerful than rx580(xox gpu level) also this rdr2 stadia version is more like pc so more demanding

CosmicBolt

Self-Requested Ban
Oct 28, 2017
I know it's from 10+ days ago, but i have to that's not what he said(i am native chinese speaker).
"Holiday 2020真的趕得上嗎..."=the poster is questioning can Oberon really catch up in 2020?
Thanks for the translation.

Could you mind translating this:
https://www.ptt.cc/bbs/PC_Shopping/M.1570476662.A.7A0.html

This is the original Oberon 300mm and Ardent 350mm leak. Also there is stuff about Sparkman.

If you are busy please ignore my post.

PLASTICA-MAN

Oct 26, 2017
no one is gonna do that. literally no one.

it will be like the switch. devs will simply downport. we are seeing it happen already.

vega56 is only 1.45x more powerful than rx580(xox gpu level) also this rdr2 stadia version is more like pc so more demanding

I wouldn't worry too much, even the Switch may not hold us back.

Btw, what if Sparkman was the hardware Google is chasing afetr this one to get higher Stadia service? After all they said 8K and 120 FPS will come later which means a more pwoerful hardware is planned for the future.

Kreten

Banned
Nov 16, 2019
You know what's wild?
Pretending you have secret data sources, but not revealing any.

Here's average speeds worldwide.

To note, not all places have fibre, so high speeds are not a guarantee for smooth play (I found this out on my previous network)

Microsoft states 10Mbps needed, not 20. Seems like you looked at Stadia info and are applying it to xCloud.
www.xbox.com

Xbox Cloud Gaming (Beta) with Xbox Game Pass | Xbox

Play your favorite Xbox console games on Windows PC, phones, and tablets.

Deleted member 1589

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

TheRulingRing

Banned
Apr 6, 2018
Yeah I'm excited about the extra trigger feedback for racing games. I also really hope they tighten up the sensitivity. In GT Sport it fells like quite a narrow range of input in the middle has some range, at the beginning and end it's really spongy. You go from about 50% acceleration to 100% while you're still only squeezing it to about 70%. The last 30% movement is at max. Means I NEED to use traction control in GT Sport.

That's an issue with GT Sport having non-linear throttle input, not an issue with the DS4 triggers.

It happens with pedals too in GT Sport. No idea why they did it that way.

Red Tapir

May 10, 2019
Microsoft states 10Mbps needed, not 20. Seems like you looked at Stadia info and are applying it to xCloud.
www.xbox.com

Xbox Cloud Gaming (Beta) with Xbox Game Pass | Xbox

Play your favorite Xbox console games on Windows PC, phones, and tablets.
The discussion was in regards to 4G not being enough, and Samurai acting like 5G was just around the corner for everyone.

I don't doubt XCloud could be neat (though iffy on it at 10mbps) but he seemed openly dismissive of most other people's internet, which was what I was actually countering.

Status
Not open for further replies.