• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kolbe1894

Oct 25, 2017
Is it probably that could Oberon catch up to the specs Sony requested?
Who knows, maybe it's heat issue due to 2Ghz.
Anyway even it's real, i personally believe PS5 will still coming late 2020 and the quality
Thanks for the translation.

Could you mind translating this:
https://www.ptt.cc/bbs/PC_Shopping/M.1570476662.A.7A0.html

This is the original Oberon 300mm and Ardent 350mm leak. Also there is stuff about Sparkman.

If you are busy please ignore my post.
Actually there was a discussion for ~2 pages about this one.

VX1

Oct 28, 2017
Europe
Yeah,this one sounds interesting:

Time: Brisbane-Monday, 18 November 2019 9:00 - 10:45

"AMD will discuss distributed cloud rendering on a blockchain based ecosystem leveraging AMD's Open standard render ProRender and demonstrate how Morgenrot's Render Pool application is optimized for rendering performance with new Navi based RNDA 16GB GPUs."

Last edited:

Xeontech

Oct 28, 2017
I personally hope they are extremely close power wise. Turning the fire up on games and exclusive battles instead of spec wars will be good for everyone. Especially those of us that opt for all consoles.

It's much less interesting when one console just has straight up better performance for the whole gen like this one. Though the upgrade consoles changed it up a bit.

Bosch

Banned
May 15, 2019
I changed my mind... I think Scarlet will lead sales in US and UK next-gen, gamepass, bunch of studios and games, hardware will make Xbox leader.

2Blackcats

Oct 26, 2017
I personally hope they are extremely close power wise. Turning the fire up on games and exclusive battles instead of spec wars will be good for everyone. Especially those of us that opt for all consoles.

It's much less interesting when one console just has straight up better performance for the whole gen like this one. Though the upgrade consoles changed it up a bit.

I wouldn't mind them quite different. Different RT solution, different ram solution, different storage solution.

I'd prefer them to be identical though then being similar architecture\solutions but one being 25% better\faster.

Metalane

Jun 30, 2019
Massachusetts, USA
I definitely agree with that statement.
Come on!
What kind of statement is this? Is this even allowed? (Honest question)
Well, do y'all remember that dev I mentioned about a while back? He's been injecting me with hype fuel for the past couple months. He may have revealed some things by accident that he shouldn't have but out of respect for him I won't give anything secret away. I can tell you that a lot of the worries I've seeing here are honestly silly. Sure, you still may be disappointed in certain things but for the most part a lot of peoples expectations seem to be lower than they should be.

That tree branch screenshot I posted yesterday was taken from Quixel and according the dev that level of fidelity could be expected, and maybe even the average. I could say but there's so much shit that we've talked about, maybe I'll say some more things later ;)

And lol at the people who think that Control or any current gen game is the RT limit.

bsigg

Oct 25, 2017
I changed my mind... I think Scarlet will lead sales in US and UK next-gen, gamepass, bunch of studios and games, hardware will make Xbox leader.

I will say the Scarlett launch is going to be something else thanks to Game Pass. Buy a Scarlett, sub to Game Pass and get access to every single MS first party launch title along with all the other games currently in Game Pass.

PLASTICA-MAN

Oct 26, 2017
Oh no, it's only going to have 12GB-16GB of memory isn't it.

No way this gonna happen. Not even RDR2 could run well in that case. Look at Stadia.

"Stadia will hold back next-gen" is a statement that believes Stadia will still exist in 3 years.

It will not.

Look at my previous posts. Google is already planning a more pwoerful stadia in the future to display in 8K and 120 FPS. In fact a server based streaming service is not a problem when it comes to hardware, they can upgrade the hardware any time they want and customers won't have to upgrade anything (maybe pay a little more for subscription).

Oct 26, 2017
No way this gonna happen. Not even RDR2 could run well in that case. Look at Stadia.

Look at my previous posts. Google is already planning a more pwoerful stadia in the future to display in 8K and 120 FPS. In fact a server based streaming service is not a problem when it comes to hardware, they can upgrade the hardware any time they want and customers won't have to upgrade anything (maybe pay a little more for subscription).

They'll never introduce the more powerful model but it won't matter because it won't exist in a few years.

Deleted member 1589

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Still can't believe there are first party Playstation games that sold just as well as Halo and Gears games when it was at their peak. Back then both were just huge sales behemoths.

Metalane

Jun 30, 2019
Massachusetts, USA
Oh no, it's only going to have 12GB-16GB of memory isn't it.
I was referring more to the software side of things. Basically hardware wise, don't worry about it. Both consoles will prove to be powerful and sufficient enough, and sometimes even more than enough. And I believe he's hinted that 16GB or usable RAM will be the minimum, so 24GB total still seems to be on the table! Hardware wise, if he's not worried, I'm not. Oh, we were talking about fur and stuff recently, and... just get ready for some CGI like fur!

Here's a good example:

Cyborg

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Well, do y'all remember that dev I mentioned about a while back? He's been injecting me with hype fuel for the past couple months. He may have revealed some things by accident that he shouldn't have but out of respect for him I won't give anything secret away. I can tell you that a lot of the worries I've seeing here are honestly silly. Sure, you still may be disappointed in certain things but for the most part a lot of peoples expectations seem to be lower than they should be.

That tree branch screenshot I posted yesterday was taken from Quixel and according the dev that level of fidelity could be expected, and maybe even the average. I could say but there's so much shit that we've talked about, maybe I'll say some more things later ;)

And lol at the people who think that Control or any current gen game is the RT limit.

I appreciate it but still making these claims is something that should not be allowed if you cant provide someone with any type of proof.

modiz

Oct 8, 2018
if MS have yet to communicate much with developers, i think its safe to say that sony will be the first to hold the reveal event again.

PLASTICA-MAN

Oct 26, 2017
I was referring more to the software side of things. Basically hardware wise, don't worry about it. Both consoles will prove to be powerful and sufficient enough, and sometimes even more than enough. And I believe he's hinted that 16GB or usable RAM will be the minimum, so 24GB total still seems to be on the table! Hardware wise, if he's not worried, I'm not. Oh, we were talking about fur and stuff recently, and... just get ready for some CGI like fur!

You mean games will take much longer to make and we will have less games per company, I kinda expect that tbh due to the new requirements for advanced graphics.

Metalane

Jun 30, 2019
Massachusetts, USA
I appreciate it but still making these claims is something that should not be allowed if you cant provide someone with any type of proof.
I see what you mean. There are some others in this thread who can vouch but... I still feel it's too risky. He claims that there may be some users in here who know some privy things about the game he's working on (I only know a tiny bit). Anyway, you'll see soon enough.
You mean games will take much longer to make and we will have less games per company, I kinda expect that tbh due to the new requirements for advanced graphics.
Sadly, most likely.

modiz

Oct 8, 2018

Here's a good example:

Silencerx98 the lion king real time on PS5 is happening ;p

Sprat

Oct 27, 2017
England
Sounds to me like Comcast is gonna say LOL, U thought.
Unlucky. I'm lucky enough to have a semi decent connection with low latency and no caps but I'm in the UK. We haven't had bandwidth caps etc since 2000ish other than those who stayed on old packages like my dad but he's also still on isdn and is being forced to upgrade to adsl due to bt stopping support for isdn/dial up connections.

I've been trying to get him to move for years!

thuway

Oct 27, 2017

What Teraflops we looking at chief

bsigg

Oct 25, 2017
Phil Spencer said in one of the X019 interviews that they've started sending out dev kits so hopefully we should start hearing something soon.

Source here.

What does "just" mean in regards to Phil's timeline to Scarlett launch?

Also which dev kit? The final dev kit rather than PC equivalents?

In another video he (or maybe it was Matt Booty) talked about how shipping a dev kit is akin to launching a console since there are thousands of units being manufactured and shipped to partners so there's the stress of getting that out the door.

Metalane

Jun 30, 2019
Massachusetts, USA
What Teraflops we looking at chief
That's part of the point honestly. FLOPS are useless, even more than you think. If it's a 10 RDNA flop GPU vs an 8 or 12 those numbers are too small to make a substantial difference. He did sorta hint at what PC Card equivalent the PS5's GPU is. Which comparing to PC components is also a poor measure of performance as well. If we're comparing generational leaps he suggested that the PS4-5 GPU leap is bigger than the 3-4 leap! Which is above most people's expectations I think. In fact in general performance it's a bigger leap than most think.

thuway

Oct 27, 2017
That's part of the point honestly. FLOPS are useless, even more than you think. If it's a 10 RDNA flop GPU vs an 8 or 12 those numbers are too small to make a substantial difference. He did sorta hint at what PC Card equivalent the PS5's GPU is. Which comparing to PC components is also a poor measure of performance as well. If we're comparing generational leaps he suggested that the PS4-5 GPU leap is bigger than the 3-4 leap! Which is above most people's expectations I think. In fact in general performance it's a bigger leap than most think.
Did he compare to scarlett? And did he give numbers? We been fighting over this for months.

Does his words echo what KleeGOATfan and Andrew Reiner have said on specs?

Metalane

Jun 30, 2019
Massachusetts, USA
Did he compare to scarlett? And did he give numbers? We been fighting over this for months.

Does his words echo what KleeGOATfan and Andrew Reiner have said on specs?
No numbers, and no comparisons, mostly because they are literally useless. The power difference between them will small enough it won't matter, and you should pretty much equal fidelity out of both. And I don't recall what Reiner or Klee said. I can check their comments now though...

Status
Not open for further replies.