• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

gundamkyoukai

Oct 25, 2017
While that rumor is old, no one took it very seriously. It was never discussed heavily in these threads, especially not after E3 this year. I doubt you'd be able to find any post mentioning that rumor from 6 months prior to today.

I agree but his point was no one said 12TF or that the specs different that what we get today .
Which not true and zhuge even said it was same as leak early on this year .
Not debating\discussing in good faith .

Deleted member 56995

User requested account closure
Banned
May 24, 2019
why would you peg ssd speeds so damn slow on the xbox platform? it's almost impossible to even buy them that slow

That is what is listed in the original leak and today's WindowsCentral article

So you just... Like... Added 4 active CUs to Scarlett, then aggressively bumped the rest of the specs for PS5 to compensate?

I'll break down how I got to my decisions.

CPU: Today's article said that both Xbox consoles were approaching 3.5 GHz, but that Anaconda was clocked higher than Lockhart. I predicted a slight difference of 3.5 and 3.2 GHz from this. Meanwhile, according to the Flute leaks, PS5 is clocked at 3.2 GHz as well.

GPU: We know that Anaconda is 12+ TFs, we know that Jason Schrier both consoles are really close, we know that Tom Warren said MS was trying to surprise Sony, and we know from the Oberon leaks that Sony is targeting high clocks of either 1.8 or 2 GHz. I'm skeptical about Sony's ability to hit 2 GHz, but 1.8 sounds possible. At a CU count of 52, it nears 12 TF. As for Scarlett, I can't imagine it's hitting 12 TF with 52 CUs, and 56 CUs will get to 12 TFs with a clock count of 1.7 GHz, which is pushing it, admittedly. I'm starting to think that 60 CU and 20 CU for Anaconda and Scarlett @ 1.6 GHz is more likely.

RAM: The WindowsCentral article listed Anaconda as having 13 GB usable memory and Lockhart with 9 GBs. The Flute leak listed 16 GB GDDR6 detected by the benchmarking software, with metalane saying that there will be at least 16 GB usable to devs, so I'm thinking 16 GBs for devs with more memory (probably 2 GBs) dedicated to OS.

SSD: The WindowsCentral article repeats the same SSD speeds of the original Lockhart and Anaconda leak, which is hugely disappointing to me. I originally had 5 GB/s for both Scarlett consoles and 8 GB/s for PS5 based on Samsung slides showed SSD performance using modifications sounding similar to those rumored to be in PS5, but after today, I downgraded all numbers.

Nov 11, 2017
I agree but his point was no one said 12TF or that the specs different that what we get today .
Which not true and zhuge even said it was same as leak early on this year .
We can all link random pastebins and articles no one took those specs seriously. Hell the reddit post is majority right besides the studio acquisitions. This is the clearest specs we have had with reputation on the line.

Grayson

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Aug 21, 2019
We can all link random pastebins and articles no one took those specs seriously. Hell the reddit post is majority right besides the studio acquisitions. This is the clearest specs we have had with reputation on the line.
The fact is it was known. If you chose to not believe it, that's on you. Take the l.

tapedeck

Oct 28, 2017
So tech people..what do ya'll think the realistic limit for Anaconda Teraflops is at $499 assuming MS takes maybe a $100 (?) hit in the middle of 2020? Mid 12's TF even approaching 13..? I'm assuming cooling is the #1 obstacle for a system drawing that much power..

Deleted member 721

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
anaconda looks fast
an06.gif

gundamkyoukai

Oct 25, 2017

That was not the point and those leak specs were every where.
http://www.jeuxvideo.com/news/10065...eux-prochaines-xbox-devoilees-a-l-e3-2019.htm
one of the biggest French gaming sites .

No one took seriously was mostly here but if we went by this thread there would no RT , SSD or 10TF consoles.
People in this thread love taking L's and have been since the topic started .

benzy

Oct 25, 2017
Schreier literally said the info went out to MORE people recently and said power around a 2080 last week. How do you think he knew that if specs got dropped today for everyone? I'm not writing a legal argument so I'm not required to provide you with documentation for everything I say. Basically find it yourself or ignore what I say if you think I'm lying or misrepresenting something. OK?

Can't seem to find his post to see 2080 performance talk. Is there a link to his post?

Sams88

Oct 9, 2019
If the difference is 10 and 12 and it's the same price - Sony screwed up. Plain and simple.
It never is such clear, rounded, numbers, though. IE, it could be 10.7TF & 11.45TF, or whatever. With different clocks, RAM, SSD etc. We're at the stage now where devs have more than enough power. They need balanced systems that are easy to work on and get the full potential from.

There's also going to be a 4TF Lockhart system in the mix. Approx 1/3rd less powerful than the PS5 and Anaconda. But it's not going to be 1/3rd the price.

rokkerkory

Banned
Jun 14, 2018
Is there possibility where anaconda is released first with lockhart coming spring 2021? Just like how other products are released?
It never is such clear, rounded, numbers, though. IE, it could be 10.7TF & 11.45TF, or whatever. With different clocks, RAM, SSD etc. We're at the stage now where devs have more than enough power. They need balanced systems that are easy to work on and get the full potential from.

There's also going to be a 4TF Lockhart system in the mix. Approx 1/3rd less powerful than the PS5 and Anaconda. But it's not going to be 1/3rd the price.

Mostly true except x1x is 6tf on the money.

Status
Not open for further replies.