• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 10, 2018
What else do you want from me? Nobody else is telling you anything.

Next gen in game details? Me

Both consoles over 10 *Navi* Teraflops? Me again.

Both consoles have Variable Rate Shading? Posters were too busy slapping each other's asses and drinking tea to give me any credit for that one, even though it's in the threadmarks!

Even today, IIRC I was the first to give you guys hints about Next gen during the VGA. Still not enough!

I just gave yet another hint an hour ago. Nope, still not enough!

I have been repeating myself over and over and over and over again tirelessly for months on end and I find myself STILL having to correct people misquoting me!

I mean, isn't that what threadmarks are for?

Best of all, I am the dumb fucker who did it all while shit was flung my way.

Well, I hope you guys find some other dumb insider to feed you the information you desire, I really do.

Because from where I am standing NO ONE ELSE is really stepping up!

Don't take this personally Anthony, this post isn't directed at you specifically, I'm just a little tired and frustrated and venting in general. It's not you.

I'm not asking for sympathy or a pat on the back. I would just appreciate it if y'all would read the damn threadmarks because it's all there

I really appreciate you klee.
One thing that has caused some confusion is weather the ps5 is still 5-10% more powerful then a 12 navi tflop Xbox series X.

Md Ray

Oct 29, 2017
Chennai, India
Klee has said XsX is 12 navi tflops.
I literally cannot comprehend how you can read what Tom Warren tweeted and come away with that conclusion.

1. No one from MS or even Phil mention any actual TFLOPS numbers of XSX GPU.
2. GCN and RDNA TFLOPS aren't like-for-like.

Compared to GCN, RDNA delivers 1.25x performance per clock as per AMD. Which means when Phil quoted XSX GPU is 2x of X1X GPU it means XSX GPU's TFLOPS will be around 9.6-10 TFLOPS because this is RDNA.

if it's actually 12TF then this makes XSX GPU 11x faster than base Xbox One and 2.5x faster than X1X and not the 8x and 2x numbers quoted by Phil Spencer.

Deleted member 23046

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 28, 2017

Both consoles have Variable Rate Shading? Posters were too busy slapping each other's asses and drinking tea to give me any credit for that one, even though it's in the threadmarks!

Even today, IIRC I was the first to give you guys hints about Next gen during the VGA. Still not enough!

I have been repeating myself over and over and over and over again tirelessly for months on end and I find myself STILL having to correct people misquoting me!

Well, I hope you guys find some other dumb insider to feed you the information you desire, I really do.

Don't take this personally Anthony, this post isn't directed at you specifically, I'm just a little tired and frustrated and venting in general. It's not you.

I'm not asking for sympathy or a pat on the back. I would just appreciate it if y'all would read the damn threadmarks because it's all there
Merry Christmas Mr Klee, thanks for all your infos.

patapon

Banned
Dec 7, 2017

Thank you so much Klee for all you have done.

Can't wait for Feb 2020 to see the unveiling of the beastly PS5. Bring It On!

Jun 23, 2019

Please don't let it get to you. Posters are in here using your posts as fanboy console war ammo and not realizing all their stupidity is driving great people like yourself away. I'm just glad we'll be done with this shit in only a few months.

disco_potato

Nov 16, 2017
I agree that Godfall didn't look as nice as Hellblade, but as far as I could tell Godfall was 60fps and Hellblade 30? Could show where each system is headed? Sony pushing for 60 and Microsoft pushing for graphics?
Hellblade was and in engine demo. I wouldn't worry about fps or make any assumptions based on something designed to show you the possibilities.

Binabik15

Oct 28, 2017

I think the majority of people reading this thread deeply appreciates your posts (and patience), even if hot takers post more about them.

Oct 25, 2017
12TF isn't going to be midrange next year. It's entirely possible the next Ti will be well over 20 TF, but I don't see the 3070 card reducing the next gen consoles to midrange territory.
jfc this thread has grown

Anyway, probably already posted but I guess this is the first glimpse of gameplay from a next-gen game:

ezgif.com-resize.gif

Reflections are nice.

Has anyone noticed any off-screen action being reflected?

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
I really appreciate you klee.
One thing that has caused some confusion is weather the ps5 is still 5-10% more powerful then a 12 navi tflop Xbox series X.

He literally said the ONLY thing that changed for him with this Scarlett update was the existence of Lockhart. I have no idea how some of you have such poor reading comprehension skills. Keep asking the same questions over and over again when he repeatedly says nothing else had changed. I'm not KLee and I'm frustrated for him.

JoJo'sDentCo

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 25, 2017

Remember when Jimmy Hoffa is berating his lawyers in The Irishman? This post reminds me of that! LOL.

Scently

Oct 27, 2017
12TF isn't going to be mid range next year. It's entirely possible the next Ti will be well over 20 TF, but I don't see

Has anyone noticed any off-screen action being reflected?
I think it's still screen space. Just as the gift is starting, look at the bottom left. The reflection starts the moment the tree can into view. It sort of snapped in.

orochi91

Oct 26, 2017
Canada
He literally said the ONLY thing that changed for him with this Scarlett update was the existence of Lockhart. I have no idea how some of you have such poor reading comprehension skills. Keep asking the same questions over and over again when he repeatedly says nothing else had changed. I'm not KLee and I'm frustrated for him.
Folks are probably hoping Klee will cave and outright say which console is stronger...which he has several times.

Oct 25, 2017
Gotta say, it's not often crow tastes good, but I'm happy to eat it this time. Thought for sure either Sony or MS (or both) would cheap out on storage, and was proven wrong, Figured AMD would come up short, proven wrong again. Didn't think they'd have a hardware RT solution ready for dGPUs, let along consoles. Again, wrong, and I'm not the least bit bothered by it. Happy as shit about what we're getting next year. Good stuff!

AegonSnake

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Gotta say, it's not often crow tastes good, but I'm happy to eat it this time. Thought for sure either Sony or MS (or both) would cheap out on storage, and was proven wrong, Figured AMD would come up short, proven wrong again. Didn't think they'd have a hardware RT solution ready for dGPUs, let along consoles. Again, wrong, and I'm not the least bit bothered by it. Happy as shit about what we're getting next year. Good stuff!
Good man.

s y

Nov 8, 2017
man, fighting games should look fucking insane next gen. Hope Capcom and Namco go all in.

Oct 25, 2017
Who was guy adamant the consoles would not even hit 10TF. Bosch? Extremely arrogant. Ghost Trick needs to show himself too. Crow serving time!

bcatwilly

Oct 27, 2017
Wow, that was some crazy unexpected stuff from Xbox tonight. Something that is interesting from a tech standpoint in the official Xbox blog post about the next gen console is "Additionally, our patented Variable Rate Shading (VRS) technology will allow developers to get even more out of the Xbox Series X GPU." They may both have some type of VRS, but they definitely included the word "patented" here too, so I expect some interesting things with details on their implementation after seeing some of the early Forza Horizon demos of this and such.

As to eventual power in the retail consoles, it really can't be ignored logically here that Xbox came out first and are not shying away from words about power in the messaging here and the direct quote from Phil Spencer in an interview with this reveal that "We like leading in power and performance and I feel like we're going to be there again." I see some talking about it being just for marketing and PR, but that is major confidence being shown as we end this year heading into next. They are definitely the ones that have openly talked more about power than Sony. This isn't just chatter or information coming from one place here or there, it is the platform holder themselves presenting things that directly.

Chamber

Oct 25, 2017
man, fighting games should look fucking insane next gen. Hope Capcom and Namco go all in.
NRS is the only studio making big budget fighting games. Injustice 3 is probably going to look stupid good.
Who was guy adamant the consoles would not even hit 10TF. Bosch? Extremely arrogant. Ghost Trick needs to show himself too. Crow serving time!
This whole thread is crow serving time. It's basically been 7 OT's of everyone being wrong at every turn and still acting like know-it-alls.

thevid

Puzzle Master
Oct 25, 2017
I think it's still screen space. Just as the gift is starting, look at the bottom left. The reflection starts the moment the tree can into view. It sort of snapped in.

It's ray traced. You can't see the trees reflection initially because of the giant rock behind it. You can see it's ray traced when the camera pans down after the slam and you see the tree canopy without it being on screen. Also the guy approaching from the right occludes the blue lights, but they still show in the reflection on the floor (look for the reflection between his legs towards the end of the gif).

The guy that comes up the stairs isn't reflected either, I don't think. I'm nodding off though, and having trouble keeping track of things.

He is reflected, it can be a little hard to see at the beginning because the big guys shadow falls across the reflection for a short bit.

MetalGearZed

Oct 30, 2017
Capcom and Namco have been a mixed bag.
With Capcom, on one hand you have SFV with looks pretty great, then on other hand you have MvC Infinite which looks pretty shit.

Namco, you have Tekken 7 which looks great, then you have SC 6 which looks...decent.

I hope they both get the budget they need to deliver in spades

I know NRS is going to deliver. Injustice 3 ,or whatever their next game is, is gonna look like a movie.

Last edited:

Deleted member 1589

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I remembered when an 'industry veteran' told us his source said next gen consoles were 1080 tier.

God save the poor souls that believed his pile of crap.

Oct 25, 2017
It's ray traced. You can't see the trees reflection initially because of the giant rock behind it. You can see it's ray traced when the camera pans down after the slam and you see the tree canopy without it being on screen. Also the guy approaching from the right occludes the blue lights, but they still show in the reflection on the floor (look for the reflection between his legs towards the end of the gif).

He is reflected, it can be a little hard to see at the beginning because the big guys shadow falls across the reflection for a short bit.
Good call on the canopy. Impressive to be getting that at launch from a third party.

I remembered when an 'industry veteran' told us his source said next gen consoles were 1080 tier.

God save the poor souls that believed his pile of crap.

LOL, and the truth is it looks like these consoles will blow the doors clean off a 1080. Hell, bring RT into the equation and you can say the same about a 1080 Ti.

Status
Not open for further replies.