• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Md Ray

Oct 29, 2017
Chennai, India
He was very precise in one of his last post here, Xbox series X is slightly above 12 TFlops RDNA. Stop spread false information.

I didn't see that post. And I'm not spreading false info here. I'm just going off of based on the information we have from Phil and the info of the per clock efficiency we have from AMD on RDNA architecture. Why are you all so rude? Like I said, I'd love to see them hit that 12 TF number, atm MS hasn't officially said anything on that. We'll see.

chris 1515

Oct 27, 2017
Barcelona Spain
I didn't see that post. And I'm not spreading false info here. I'm just going off of based on the information we have from Phil and the info of the per clock efficiency we have from AMD on RDNA architecture. Why are you all so rude? Like I said, I'd love to see them hit that 12 TF number, atm MS hasn't officially said anything on that. We'll see.

Because they will reach 12 Tflops, it seems Xbox Series X is two time bigger than Xbox One X and I think and it is the same for Sony the 200 watts bar will be exploded. Maybe consoles will reach the 250/270 watts bar.

We will have great next generations consoles because of the competition between Sony with MS coupled with AMD CPU and GPU technology improvement.

KOHIPEET

Oct 29, 2017
Hellblade 2 looks amazing, but boy. That's got to be the most irritating trailer I've seen in a good while.

tusharngf

Oct 29, 2017
Lordran
this is a big plus
One Console, Four Generations of Gaming
One of the things we're most proud of with Xbox Series X is the promise we're delivering to our fans who have and continue to invest with Xbox. Thanks to backward compatibility, you can expect your gaming legacy, thousands of your favorite games across four generations of gaming, all your Xbox One gaming accessories, and industry-leading services like Xbox Game Pass to be available when you power on your Xbox Series X in Holiday 2020.

Building on our compatibility promise, with Xbox Series X we're also investing in consumer-friendly pathways to game ownership across generations. Leading the way with our first-party titles including Halo Infinite in 2020, we're committed to ensuring that games from Xbox Game Studios support cross-generation entitlements and that your Achievements and game saves are shared across devices. As we branch out and extend gaming to more players around the world, console gaming will remain at the heart of our Xbox offering. Game creators around the globe are already hard at work building content for Xbox Series X and our 15 Xbox Game Studios are developing the largest and most creatively diverse lineup of Xbox exclusive games in our history. On behalf of Team Xbox, we're excited to enter the future of console gaming with you and can't wait to share more in 2020.

Sep 19, 2019
Hamburg- Germany
*wise fwom your gwave*

OMG where are all the Xbox insider evangelicals to clarify all this

NO it's not GCN flops

YES it's Navi flops

Xbox Series X performance is actually slightly ABOVE 12(Navi) TFs

Xbox (Anaconda) Series X eats monsters (Scorpio) for breakfast

The GCN architecture is HISTORY, y'all. MS/Sony only talk in terms of RDNA now

Ay Carumba

Now I'm actually leaving for sure.

I will return to talk about Next gen again after the PS5 reveal.

Buh-bye

Your desire is totally understandable but thanks anyway.

PLASTICA-MAN

Oct 26, 2017
Hellblade 2 looks amazing, but boy. That's got to be the most irritating trailer I've seen in a good while.

Many are saying they gonna have nightmares with it. What I fear is now games gonna look so real so horror and gore got get improved too so things gonna turn into disasters at some point. I hope things won't be censored and devs forced to do it in all games I mean.

LilScooby77

Dec 11, 2019
Klee and Shinobi have seen games and Klee indicated that Hellblade 2 is the level of visuals he has seen previously.
Pretty sure he said Hellblade was on another level. Post 19926. People continuously post misinformation over and over in here it's getting annoying like the PS5 is 10 TF.

Edit: GCN is being posted below this lol.

Last edited:

klik

Banned
Apr 4, 2018
Phil said that its twice as powerful as One X GPU so yeah 12TF of GCN which is around 10TF of RDNA/NAVI which is more or less 5700XT at 9.75TF.
Oh sooo all this time when people discussed about Teraflops they actually meant GCN not RDNA. I thought it was 12TF RDNA. Well truth to be told, it was kind of unrealistic because 12TF RDNA Navi would put gpu somewhere around 15GCN which is crazy. I guess 8-9 RDNA Teraflops are much more realistic which is comparable to RTX 2070 and probably next year's RTX/GTX 3060

sleepr

Banned for misusing pronouns feature
Banned
Oct 30, 2017
KAOm3HK.gif

r3sEOhV.gif

TIiN1sX.gif

p7Qxxl1.gif

pDqRhaw.gif

Impressive!

A true generational leap if we end up with games looking like that. Holy shit lmao i still can't believe what I'm seeing.

The gizmodo article said something like that and at the time everyone laughed at it.

Starwing

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 31, 2018
Dude, you have no idea!

IMO, next gen games are going to blow minds and melt faces.

Well, I can't vouch for what they will look like on Lockhart because IDK.

PS5 and games on the, um XBSX will look amazing for sure.
Between the Godfall gif and the Hellblade II video, I'm with you there. I'm already blown away, and this is only just a taste of what next-gen has to offer.

JahIthBer

Jan 27, 2018
We back to Consoles using 5700 XT? i dunno, with that Desktop tier case for the Sexbox, it's gonna run hot & steamy, got to insert a big Navi into it.

Yogi

Banned
Nov 10, 2019
I want to believe...but I can't yet. 12 TFlops RDNA is too much. I'm back to waiting for CES2020 in January.

Around a 2070/Super in a console is still damn good.

We back to Consoles using 5700 XT? i dunno, with that Desktop tier case for the Sexbox, it's gonna run hot & steamy, got to insert a big Navi into it.
The 5700XT does run hot and steamy :P

Last edited:
Oct 27, 2017
The World
Oh sooo all this time when people discussed about Teraflops they actually meant GCN not RDNA. I thought it was 12TF RDNA. Well truth to be told, it was kind of unrealistic because 12TF RDNA Navi would put gpu somewhere around 15GCN which is crazy. I guess 8-9 RDNA Teraflops are much more realistic which is comparable to RTX 2070 and probably next year's RTX/GTX 3060

Oh god No.

Deleted member 1589

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
That's right. Meaning it must be 9x faster. Which is 2x of X1X GPU 12 TF (GCN). In RDNA this is around 10 TF.
If it's 12 TF (RDNA), in GCN this would be 15 TF, which makes the new Series X GPU over 11x powerful than base Xbox One.
Well, you're wrong.

Because it's twice as powerful, but that's not including the efficiency contributed to the architecture.

"So when we do the math, we're over eight times the GPU power of the Xbox One, and two times what an Xbox One X is."

It doesn't include RDNA's efficiency. It's over 1.4 x 8 and around 2 x 6.

Melchiah

Oct 26, 2017
Helsinki, Finland
As to eventual power in the retail consoles, it really can't be ignored logically here that Xbox came out first and are not shying away from words about power in the messaging here and the direct quote from Phil Spencer in an interview with this reveal that "We like leading in power and performance and I feel like we're going to be there again." I see some talking about it being just for marketing and PR, but that is major confidence being shown as we end this year heading into next. They are definitely the ones that have openly talked more about power than Sony. This isn't just chatter or information coming from one place here or there, it is the platform holder themselves presenting things that directly.

There's a significant qualifier though...

Xbox Series X will be our fastest, most powerful console ever and set a new bar for performance, speed and compatibility,

They can advertise it as the fastest and most powerful Xbox ever, that sets a bar for everything in relation to their platform family, without being wrong even if a more powerful system would emerge from any of the competitors. It's just plain old marketing speech. Now, if they'd advertise it as "the most powerful next generation console", like PS4 was advertised, it would be a different matter.

Hell, this pic is from the local DigiExpo event in 2013, before the current gen systems were launched.

X1XtUk2.jpg

Translated:
"Xbox One - The best console of new generation on display."

DukeBlueBall

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Seattle, WA
That's right. Meaning it must be 9x faster. Which is 2x of X1X GPU 12 TF (GCN). In RDNA this is around 10 TF.
If it's 12 TF (RDNA), in GCN this would be 15 TF, which makes the new Series X GPU slightly over 11x powerful than base Xbox One.

Phil has consistently said that XB1X is 4x to 4.5x over XB1 even though the real world perf is 5-6X.

When the DF deep dive comes out you'll see the exact CU count and clock speeds, and everyone has faith in DF to provide the exact numbers.

PLASTICA-MAN

Oct 26, 2017
Well, you're wrong.

Because it's twice as powerful, but that's not including the efficiency contributed to the architecture.

I think by twice as strong they mean the brute numbers, regardless of architecture and not taking in consideration the boost RDNA brings.

CanisMajoris

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
If it's 12 TF (RDNA), in GCN this would be 15 TF, which makes the new Series X GPU slightly over 11x powerful than base Xbox One.

Yeah this works out and Phil never mentioned TF numbers, just the multipliers of current-gen consoles.
12TF RDNA is about 10.7X the Xbox One S GPU (best case)

makes no sense to say "over 8X" otherwise.

gofreak

Oct 26, 2017
By base Xbox One, in the 'more than 8x' comparison, I assume he means the Xbox One S (1.4Tflops).

'Over 8' doesn't make sense for the original Xbox One - at most it would bring it short of 12Tflops. [Over 8 presumably means less than 9 - otherwise I'm sure he'd have said over 9! 9x 1.31 = 11.79 ... so I don't think the very original Xbox One can be the point of reference ]

On the other hand, something like 8.6x or 8.75x Xbox One S would be something like 12.1 or 12.25Tflops, which sounds about right, and fits 2x the Xbox One X.

Deleted member 1589

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I don't think that sound right. Surely it would be inclusive.
Brad Sams and Tom Warren said it, that it's at 12 teraflops, and not including improvements in silicon architecture.

Although you could say they're covering their ass in case of a bad case scenario and even then I'd think they'd reach somewhere to the north of 11.5

Earthed

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Sep 26, 2019
If I were Phil Spencer, and this box were actually 12 TF RDNA, I would not throw away the opportunity to be able to tout 15 TFLOPS when that may actually be technically correct. Similarly, I would not throw away the opportunity to compare like for like when it comes to how powerful the Xbox One X was vs this new box, and say "2 times more powerful" instead of "1.7 times more powerful but actually you gotta take into account ..."

Not saying this is the cast, but I wouldn't entirely rule out the notion of this being GCN flops.

Md Ray

Oct 29, 2017
Chennai, India
Well, you're wrong.

There's no doubt Series X GPU will be twice as powerful, I'm not saying that it isn't going to be.
But when looking purely at the TFLOP numbers alone, you won't see 2x jump. 2x of X1X GPU in RDNA terms is 9.6 TF, not 12 TF. So around 10.5 TF for the Series X GPU seems like a safe bet.

Deleted member 1589

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
There's no doubt Series X GPU will be twice as powerful, I'm not saying that it isn't going to be.
But when looking purely at the TFLOP numbers alone, you won't see 2x jump. 2x of X1X GPU in RDNA terms is 9.6 TF, not 12 TF. So around 10.5 TF for the Series X GPU seems like a safe bet.
that's wrong. If you look purely at teraflop numbers alone, it's a jump from 6 teraflops to 12.

If you look at teraflop numbers + efficiency improvements, there's when it's different.

sleepr

Banned for misusing pronouns feature
Banned
Oct 30, 2017
So did any article confirm that green led on the console or what?

Status
Not open for further replies.