• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

BOT Zé

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I'm laughing at the absolute belief that there is no way Microsoft would be able to put out more powerful hardware.
For what it's worth, I do think the PS5 will be more powerful, but the idea that Microsoft, of all the companies that exist in the world, can't put out hardware more powerful than Sony's no matter what, is absurdly funny to me.

I was joking because he implied that PS5 NEEDS TO AT LEAST MATCH Xbox. Why? In his world xbox cannot be more powerful.

They use the same tech. MS should priced the X series very high to send a significant upgrade over the ps5. It won't happens. They already said the next Xbox it is he most powerful xbox but not the most powerful console.

See? People believe in what they want to believe.

sleepr

Banned for misusing pronouns feature
Banned
Oct 30, 2017
This |OT| started December 13th 8pm. we are just 14 days later ...

giphy.gif

gundamkyoukai

Oct 25, 2017
I'm laughing at the absolute belief that there is no way Microsoft would be able to put out more powerful hardware.
For what it's worth, I do think the PS5 will be more powerful, but the idea that Microsoft, of all the companies that exist in the world, can't put out hardware more powerful than Sony's no matter what, is absurdly funny to me.

It's stupid which ever way and has always been.
Any one of them can do it and it come down to a number of factors and it should have always been look at that way from the start .

Sunlight

Apr 22, 2019
Are previous leaks from insiders valid? PS5 is 10% more powerful, double digit TF.......

Would someone tell me to understand?

Fastidioso

Banned
Nov 3, 2017
I was joking because he implied that PS5 NEEDS TO AT LEAST MATCH Xbox. Why? In his world xbox cannot be more powerful.

See? People believe in what they want to believe.
It's no matter to believe. Jesus Christ. Both machines will be equally powerful because they use the same tech. One should cost much more to outshine the other. Now the only concrete rumours was about a ps5 ahead. That's why it's hard to believe the Xbox will be ahead. We never heard anything of reliable about it. If no one would say a shit about it, I would have bet to the parity.

vivftp

Oct 29, 2017
For what it's worth in Benji's latest video he mentioned he doesn't really follow the next gen speculation scene much anymore, but if we go back to when he was closely following it he says a 9 TF PS5 does not line up with what he was hearing back then.

BOT Zé

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
It's no matter to believe. Jesus Christ. Both machines will be equally powerful because they use the same tech. One should cost much more to outshine the other. Now the only concrete rumours was about a ps5 ahead. That's why it's hard to believe the Xbox will be ahead. We never heard anything about it. If no one would say a shit about it, I would have bet to the parity.

I can start the rumor if you want. Because there's only one person claiming that.

dmix90

Oct 25, 2017

Cerny cooking his own RT chip and VRS tech while using AMD APU based on RDNA1 to save some money. I dunno why but this appeals to me...

Like i was told in this thread this might be more expensive and less efficient than using all included AMD RDNA2 but it just feels like what Sony would do.

If RT chip is manufactured by Sony and soldered close to APU and their connection has enough bandwidth then that might be doable... something like when you can use second GPU to speed up Physx calculations while main GPU is working on rasterization.

9.2TF + dedicated RT chip as a hybrid RT solution from Sony vs 12TF RDNA2 all-in-one from MS

... and such configurations might perform similarly, so that's why we are getting conflicting reports that systems have about the same power but flops do not match.

Ostinatto

Oct 30, 2017
+
399 is out of the reality.

- Consoles are coming out in a year, NOT NOW :D
- Prices of tech components are gonna be way cheaper in a year
- Sony is gonna make millions of consoles, so they are gonna pay dirt cheap for all the components
- Chances that Sony sells PS5 at a loss are pretty high

$399 is totally a possibility imo.

Dust

C H A O S
Oct 25, 2017
Sorry guys this is actual picture of PS5 dev kit, the jet engine one is a fake.

4341da5f7b4204f65d8551b03cbdd7d2.jpg

And this is Lockhart.

Potato_05_Game_Ready_Thumbnail0001.jpg77E3196D-E8E8-4888-AEAC-797D98C28914Default.jpg

Judge

Vault-Tec Seal of Approval
Oct 25, 2017
Just because some mods aren't posting doesn't mean we aren't watching. There's been a LOT of warnings and bans being handed out and some people still aren't catching on. Please stop with the hostility towards others, the not so sly console warring, and the outright trolling masked as "jokes". It's getting a bit ridiculous in here lately.

Fastidioso

Banned
Nov 3, 2017
You have got to be kidding me...

Silence doesn't always mean what you think it means.
Let's put the thing in this way: they obsessed us with chats about the most power hardware ever made for 2 years. Now the only reliable rumours about it seems put ahead the ps5. MS this time stay silent. I come to only one conclusion. Of course I'm not expecting crazy difference in raw power but seems clearly this time things are different.

Andromeda

Oct 27, 2017
Cerny cooking his own RT chip and VRS tech while using AMD APU based on RDNA1 to save some money. I dunno why but this appeals to me...

Like i was told in this thread this might be more expensive and less efficient than using all included AMD RDNA2 but it just feels like what Sony would do.

If RT chip is manufactured by Sony and soldered close to APU and their connection has enough bandwidth then that might be doable... something like when you can use second GPU to speed up Physx calculations while main GPU is working on rasterization.

9.2TF + dedicated RT chip as a hybrid RT solution from Sony vs 12TF RDNA2 all-in-one from MS

... and such configurations might perform similarly, so that's why we are getting conflicting reports that systems have about the same power but flops do not match.
This doesn't make sense. Historically he always used the most recent tech. More recent than what Xbox used for both PS4 (class 78XX GPU with more async compute instead of XB1 77XX GPU) and Pro (featuring Vega tech while MS used Polaris for XBX which released one year after Pro).

mindcontrol

Alt-account
Banned
Dec 17, 2019
User Banned (3 Days): Antagonizing another member, Off-site Drama
Because more accurate, detailed information came out and people are twisting themselves into pretzels to explain it away rather than simply assume it's old and dated.

Listen Matt, all you need are eyes. You've never seen blatant, outright disrespect for Xbox execs and employees at a level you don't ordinarily see for Sony execs on both this forum and the previous one? It seems the mere suggestion has struck a nerve, but I'm just keeping it real with you if nobody else is willing to. And if you're being honest with yourself, you know full well it's not a made up conspiracy theory. It's the reality of the situation we are in at this very moment. My opinion, feel free to think as you like.

Why are you trying to be some kind of drama queen?

NoTime

Oct 30, 2017
I just read 50 pages of this... No ragrets
On the topic, I do believe 9TF PS5 is possible, as well as both SeX and PS5 having a marginal performance difference

Midas

Oct 27, 2017
Come on guys, slow down with all this weirdness. Most people here don't want this thread to be locked.

dmix90

Oct 25, 2017
This doesn't make sense. Historically he always used the most recent tech. More recent than what Xbox used for both PS4 (class 78XX GPU with more async compute instead of XB1 77XX GPU) and Pro (featuring Vega tech while MS used Polaris for XBX which released one year after Pro).
True, but what if current AMD RT solution is poo and his approach is better? Then there is no point to pay more for RDNA2, just enhance RDNA1 with your own tech.

Pure speculation of course.

Splader

Feb 12, 2018
Let's put the thing in this way: they obsessed us with chats about the most power hardware ever made for 2 years. Now the only reliable rumours about it seems put ahead the ps5. MS this time stay silent. I come to only one conclusion. Of course I'm not expecting crazy difference in raw power but seems clearly this time things are different.
Maybe they don't know Sony's final specs either? In a situation like this simply saying "We're aiming to be the best, most powerful" is as good of a statement as you're going to get.

Deleted member 61179

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 7, 2019

I don't think that ps5 has a seperate chip solution but it will certainly have inhouse developed features incorporated to the main soc.
What that means in terms of performance remains to be seen.

My main predictioin is, that when ps5 is out, sony will try to sell the psvr2 as the main differentiator.
Their focus doesn't seem to be winning DF videos, like comparing 1800p cbr vs. 4k

Deleted member 1589

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
True, but what if current AMD RT solution is poo and his approach is better? Then there is no point to pay more for RDNA2, just enhance RDNA1 with your own tech.

Pure speculation of course.
It's more or less that unless sony has some expensive cooling tech, I cant see 2 Ghz RDNA1 APU being on a console.

And that's before RT gets into the mix.

Status
Not open for further replies.