• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

bsigg

Oct 25, 2017
Dude, it's the tech specs of a fucking toy. I can't even imagine being so pathetic as to launch any sort of "concerted effort" related to them.

It's. A. Toy.

Who. Gives. A. Fuck.

This is supposed to be fun. It's a hobby. It doesn't really matter.

Why are you getting so heated then?

Betty

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah if Sony has the balls to go the vastly cheaper yet adequately performant route, then they'll definitely be successful in transitioning their customers over at a much faster rate than MS will.

MS seems to think, or at least acts as if, the Xbox One only lost because it was weaker. No, they lost because it was more expensive; and they made people believe there would be no used games because "you can't just flip a switch."

I will say this, however... Sony really needs a Forza Horizon killer like yesterday. Forza Horizon is a system seller and will be doubly so with the hardware advantage.

I don't see who they have that could even create a Forza Horizon competitor, nor would I suggest they waste time trying to make their own, they've got plenty of other IP's to rely on.

vivftp

Oct 29, 2017
I am glad that we can get this thread back on track.

So... what other rumors or tidbits have come up in the last few days that might have been overlooked?

III-V

Oct 25, 2017
I think that might be legit. As I replied to someone previously, Sparkman might be the blades for the xCloud that are comparable to Series X. That's why they only tested for One S speeds and Series X target speeds with it whereas Arden was tested on One S, One X, and Series X target speeds. Arden needs to be able to play all those games. Sparkman needs to be able to create One S and Series X xCloud speeds for streaming.
That seems plausible.

Natels

Oct 26, 2017
Dude, it's the tech specs of a fucking toy. I can't even imagine being so pathetic as to launch any sort of "concerted effort" related to them.

It's. A. Toy.

Who. Gives. A. Fuck.

Exactly. That's why we need to have the best one!

gundamkyoukai

Oct 25, 2017
It was a bit confusing, but I think all he was trying to say was your first sentence, which we've kind of been using as a baseline assumption throughout these past two days, I would hope.

Well some were trying to say because of that leak PS5 can't be change and giving there reason .
While others were saying it was old and giving there reasons .
If anything what matt said mean thing still open .

Firmus_Anguis

Oct 30, 2017
I'm genuinely curious what has Klee said that has been proven correct ?
Actually yes I'm interested in this as well
Didn't see these.

First one to say both consoles would be based on RDNA and be more powerful than the Navi cards released this year (also the first to say they'll be double digit RDNA tflops)

First one to confirm VRS for both.

And a couple of other things.
But judging from your post-history, neither of you ever seemed interested in anything other than placing doubt in Klee. But that's your prerogative, I guess.

Read the threadmarks next time.

s y

Nov 8, 2017
How is it ok to call people pathetic?
u3lVlme.jpg

Hey Please

Avenger
Oct 31, 2017
Not America

It's. A. Toy.

Who. Gives. A. Fuck.

I can somewhat understand it though. We are talking about spending hundreds of dollars on an equipment that is a gateway to an alternate reality for years to come. To that end, not everyone likes to settle for potentially second best option when third party titles will, in all likelihood, be better on the "other" platform. Spending hundreds if not thousands of dollars in an ecosystem with the expectation of platform holder will provide a new device that is "relatively close" (whatever that is, is dependent on the user) to its competition is not the most unrealistic one.

In any event, some folks are in the know, the rest are not and essentially |OT9| TF when they CU lose your mind over spec(ulation).

PS: I am not supporting the user you quoted, rather the sentiment that is often tied to a platform of choice.

vivftp

Oct 29, 2017

Guessing because some people are taking this stuff WAY too seriously.

At the end of the day we're all gamers here and all in the same boat. This is a passion of ours that we all enjoy and the dawning of a new gen should be a time of excitement. Instead it unfortunately turns into a time of console warring and bickering. As a wise man once said:

Kratos.jpg

Burrman

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

It's. A. Toy.

Who. Gives. A. Fuck.

Bro chill out. I don't see how this justifies you calling the poster pathetic

Oct 28, 2017
At CES 2020 Sony is unveiling a unique vision of the future, bringing creativity and technology together like never before, to unleash new sensations and emotions.

PLASTICA-MAN

Oct 26, 2017
Didn't many get freaked out when the first PS5 reveal tlaked about RT and many assumed it was not HW RT?
Didn't many freak out too during the second talk (that confirmed HW RT back then after months) when the EA dev talked about how PS5 HW RT allows better shadows and many assumed PS5 RT is so limited that it can do RT shadows only and nothing more, and even DF made an article and video supposing that PS5 games will be like SOTR?
Now you got freaked out to an unreached level before to the extent of combining 8-9 Tflop, no RT at all and no VRS and almost going to say PS5 gonna be weaker than PS4 Pro?
Take it easy, seriously, avoid stress so you can live till the full reveal.

|OT 9| Avoid FUD stress or your health gonna flop.

Last edited:

vivftp

Oct 29, 2017

While I won't discount the possibility of the PS5 being mentioned in some capacity at CES, we're not getting a proper reveal there. Sony won't want to share the newsfeeds with dozens of other companies and hundreds of other products (including their own) when showing off the PS5. They'll do it at a time when they will be the only big news for everyone to discuss.

saintjules

Dec 20, 2019
Nothing new news wise unfortunately. A lot of people are saying that Sony won't show anything there as it's mainly for their TVs, Phones, etc. However, I say it's a new Decade and a new way of doing things. The way they have done their soft reveals with Wired articles and tweeting, this could be a good opportunity to at least give some sort of info. I wouldn't be surprised.

Tempering expectations of course, but imo, it would be weird not to say something here. Especially if the rumor is true that Microsoft is going to be at AMD's Press Conference. I'm sure AMD will also talk about their involvement with next-gen hardware.

Patent

Self-requested ban
Banned
Jul 2, 2018
North Carolina
Nothing new there unfortunately. A lot of people on Reddit are saying that Sony won't show anything there as it's mainly for their TVs, Phones, etc. However, I say it's a new Decade and a new way of doing things. The way they have done their soft reveals with Wired articles and tweeting, this could be a good opportunity to at least give some sort of info.

Tempering expectations of course, but it would be weird not to say something here. Especially if the rumor is true that Microsoft is going to be at AMD's Press Conference. I'm sure AMD will also talk about their involvement with next-gen hardware.
After the xbox series x reveal out of nowhere, you just never know

Status
Not open for further replies.