• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 1589

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Different memory architecture is definitely interesting.

eSRAM method for 1000GB/s?

HBM+DDR4?

GDDR6 through Infinity Fabric?

anexanhume

Oct 25, 2017
Maryland
Different memory architecture is definitely interesting.

eSRAM method for 1000GB/s?

HBM+DDR4?

GDDR6 through Infinity Fabric?
I doubt they'll spend die space for it, given wafer costs. Navi and Zen 2 are already infinity fabric, so you'd just be talking about off-die, but on-package, memory controllers vs. on die with a monolithic APU.

MrDeveus

Apr 26, 2019
For me the two machines are very powerful and are above in RDNA Flops to Stadia but I think the Xbox GPU have a little edge.

I agree, saying one system has the edge in every category is strange to me with all these leaks.
every leak seems to be CPU is only edge for XSX while PS5 has GPU,Ram,SSD,Storage,Bandwidth everything. I honestly think SSD will be huge focus for PS5 so ram and that go hand in hand but everything else I think XSX will have a edge.

Dizastah

Oct 25, 2017
I'm starting to wonder if this PS5 52CU 2.0/2.1 GHz thing has some merit.....
Not just because of what the guy at the other place said, but because of some weird thing Klee did.

nelsonroyale

Oct 28, 2017
Better RAM with weaker GPU is very inefficient design.

The estimate seems to be based on preference and perceived balance. I don't think being stronger in one aspect precludes being stronger in others. Until we get a few more details, I don't think there is much to speculate on, particularly on the PS5. A lot of baseless assumptions being made.

Deleted member 1589

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So thanks to anexanhume for the info on I/O and it really is interesting

Zen 2 is a significant departure from the physical design paradigm of AMD's previous Zen architectures, Zen and Zen+. Zen 2 moves to a multi-chip module design where the I/O components of the CPU are laid out on its own, separate die, which is also called a chiplet in this context. This separation has benefits in scalability and manufacturability. As physical interfaces don't scale very well with shrinks in process technology, their separation into a different die allows these components to be manufactured using a larger, more mature process node than the CPU dies. The CPU dies (referred to by AMD as Core Complex Dies or CCDs), now more compact due to the move of I/O components onto another die, can be manufactured using a smaller process with fewer manufacturing defects than a larger monolithic die would exhibit.

I wonder if Navi APUs have the same problem and both have 14nm I/O dies.

Sunlight

Apr 22, 2019
The estimate seems to be based on preference and perceived balance. I don't think being stronger in one aspect precludes being stronger in others. Until we get a few more details, I don't think there is much to speculate on, particularly on the PS5. A lot of baseless assumptions being made.
If you have better GPU so you need better RAM.

Sunlight

Apr 22, 2019
User warned: Discussion of banned sources; disregarding staff post
Hi if Tommy Fisher is talking false info, could the verified insiders tell us that Fisher is wrong ?

Hype-Lord

Jan 8, 2019
Moscow, Russia
I don't know how regulars here are retaining their sanity at this point. All this number talk is just insane. Looks like we have almost no up-to-date info at this point besides "PS5 has super-duper-fast SSD" and "Xbox Series X is XXX times more powerful than One X"

Can we discuss, maybe, what do you expect from next-gen feature-wise? I think SHARE function is the best thing we got this gen.

Deleted member 12635

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Germany
TV Show

I have finished Witcher 3 and Hearts of Stone. Would like to finish Blood & Wine too but my TV is down for the count and will probably do it by early next year
I finished The Witcher, The Witcher 3 inkl. all DLC and the TV Show. I have to make it happen to finally finish the Witcher 2.

--------------

I wish all members a merry christmas!

Judge

Vault-Tec Seal of Approval
Oct 25, 2017
We have a staff post regarding posting about and using banned sources. I encourage everyone here to read the staff post before engaging in those conversations.

ppn7

May 4, 2019
Primocache + NVMe SSD
lRbG98z.jpg

Can Sony put extra RAM to use it like ssd cache ?

Status
Not open for further replies.