• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 19767

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
This doesn't really seem to add anything useful to the discussion at this point honestly. Of course we don't have formal spec reveals/confirmation by the platform holders yet.

A quick look at your post history says it all about your stance on the leak. People have been saying to take everything as speculation only and not to take anything as confirmation yet.

gundamkyoukai

Oct 25, 2017
This doesn't really seem to add anything useful to the discussion at this point honestly. Of course we don't have formal spec reveals/confirmation by the platform holders yet.

Of course it does we had some in here thinking that leak was fact when it came to PS5 specs and there was no way it could be different .
People still free to believe what they want of course .

III-V

Oct 25, 2017
I'm glad to see we've moved pass thinking the Github leak was confirmation of anything.
What do you see with the Github leak? It would seem there is a lot that was revealed. Or are you being sarcastic? I really can't tell at this point. I don't think it was final silicon if that's what you mean.

Betelgeuse

Nov 2, 2017
I disagree.
That AMD testing information was tangible information for possible PS5 specs, and the Git repo and related tweets have since been taken down. That is far more interesting at this point than ambiguous sounding words from "insiders" about relative power at this point, particularly when we already have people like Jason mentioning that there are so many things to consider as to what "power" may mean in comparison. Until we have a shooting down of that specific PS5 information in the AMD testing from insiders as being totally inaccurate or we get the full spec reveals, that is the first real "leak" of next gen target specs on record.
The "shooting down" is basically what we've just seen transpire.

bcatwilly

Oct 27, 2017
A quick look at your post history says it all about your stance on the leak. People have been saying to take everything as speculation only and not to take anything as confirmation yet.

I don't believe that we have 100% confirmation of final specs just based on the leak, but it is pretty clearly some legitimate information that is tied to PS5 related chips that have been cited for a long time now. So unless some insider is willing to take on the information itself with some explanation then it still offers up relevant questions and information to be sure here.

III-V

Oct 25, 2017
It can't be different. We have nothing on 7nm+ and the node is not mature enough to have consoles production on April or May.

And this imply if they are pushing 11-12 tflops this console will consume more than 300w like df said.
Also I think we are 1 week away from RDNA2 reveals from AMD.

Florin4k4

Banned
Mar 18, 2019
I Missed most of today. What happened to make us think the github info is no longer relevant? (if i read the last few pages correctly)

vivftp

Oct 29, 2017
I'm glad to see we've moved pass thinking the Github leak was confirmation of anything.
Banderas.gif

Hell yeah! Thanks Matt! And quite honestly, thank you to TheThreadsThatBindUs for providing some brilliant insights into this matter :)

Deleted member 19767

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I don't believe that we have 100% confirmation of final specs just based on the leak, but it is pretty clearly some legitimate information that is tied to PS5 related chips that have been cited for a long time now. So unless some insider is willing to take on the information itself with some explanation then it still offers up relevant questions and information to be sure here.

Matt just shot this down.

McFly

Nov 26, 2017
PS5 is going to be less powerful than XsS. 9.2TF VS 12.xxTF. Both will have amazing beautiful next-gen games. PS5 will be cheaper than XsS. This is what Sony meant by transitioning PS4 customers to PS5 at a fast pace. Cheaper yet powerful next-gen console that plays every game you own.

Proven

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
The github leaks are legitimate.

I think what Matt was saying was that the github leaks do not 100% confirm either way what the PS5 will be.

But considering when the tests were done, it's a fair assumption to then assume that unless major overhauls happen (which don't seem likely) the GitHub info is accurate.

Until we get any actual information stating other wise that's what makes sense.

vivftp

Oct 29, 2017

So what are your thoughts on the theory that this Github Oberon unit was actually an early low speed devkit like the one Cerny used when first speaking to Wired?

DirtySprite3

Banned
Sep 13, 2019
I thought the PS5 rumor was bad based on the fact people kept that "based on 2019 release" spill which I didn't believe for a moment.

Last edited:
OT9 thread title suggestions
OP
OP
Mecha Meister

Mecha Meister

Next-Gen Guru
Oct 25, 2017
United Kingdom
Happy Holidays everyone! I hope you've all been doing well!

I've quoted the title suggestions I've seen so far and I'll try to get a poll up soon. Possibly within the next 500-1000 posts but it's hard to judge because the thread moves so fast!

If you have any suggestions for a new thread title until then, please don't hesitate to post it!

If you do make a suggestion, please write "OT9" clearly in the post like this, this is to make it easier for me to search for them!
I think we should try to keep names out of it depending on the context, as I don't want people to take things wrong.

Thread title format: Next-gen PS5 and next Xbox speculation launch thread |OT9| -

Edit:
Please try to leave the GitHub stuff out of it, it's unfortunate that some kind of leak took place, I'm concerned about the person who made the mistake, so I don't think it would be a good idea to have thread title inspired by what happened.

Might be early but I think I already found the next thread title

|OT9| Chaos Theory
A thought for OT9: megalomania the thread
Next-gen PS5 and next Xbox speculation launch thread |OT9|Engineers can't fix this noise and hot takes
|OT9| Hot Chip - on the shoulder.
|OT9| Passive cooling, Aggressive Competition
|OT9| Series Specs

(Come on, this is a winner...)
Good thing they locked the thread so I could catch up...

Next-gen PS5 and next Xbox speculation launch thread |OT9| - Series Finale

Next-gen PS5 and next Xbox speculation launch thread |OT9| - Klee's Warrented
|OT9| Teraflops. Terror Flaps.
|OT9| TF is going on?
|OT9| We All Float(ing Point Operations) Down Here
If the title for this thread isn't at some point "I am the tera that flops in the night." I will be disappointed with everybody.

giphy.gif
|OT9| W _TF is going on?
|OT9l TF is going into your preferred console.
|OT9| - How TF did I get banned again?
|OT9| - Where TF do I put it
|OT9|- TF gonna make us lose our minds
Next-gen PS5 and next Xbox speculation launch thread |OT9| - I'll wait for the Pro!
Next-gen PS5 and next Xbox speculation launch thread |OT9| - .2TF
|OT9| - Tera'N up my heart.
|OT10| - But when we are apart, 10 will not do.

Does this hold true for launch accessories like controllers? Say if they found a flaw in the frame or wanted to a add features like extra buttons?
Me on vacation reading the latest drama unfolding on this thread.

|OT9| - Where the hell are my (flip) flops???
|OT9| At this pace we are at OT|10| in just 30 days
[OT9] What the hell happened in OT8?
Next-gen PS5 and next Xbox speculation launch thread |OT9| TF and recounting
Next-gen PS5 and next Xbox speculation launch thread |OT9| Flopped in the night
Next-gen PS5 and next Xbox speculation launch thread |OT9| - We always come back at 9
OT9: Cry havoc, and let slip the flops of war
OT9: We don't want no floppy seconds
So we are going to do |OT9|2TF right?
|OT9| grasping at straws (TM)
|OT9| Raiders of the lost Flops
|OT9| The Flop will never Stop
|OT9| still not knowing shit
|OT9| Too many codenames AMD!
|OT9| Immune to reason
|OT9| The Console Collective
|OT9| Codename Veronica?

AMD need to seriously sort out their naming schemes rather than confusing us!

If Arden didn't have a Shakespeare related name the last 20 pages wouldn't exist.
|OT9| .2TF and Beyond
|OT9| Mental gymnastics continues...
|OT9| Stages of Grief
|OT9| Tflops of Cognitive Dissonance
|OT9| Flop til you drop
OT9: I like this place and could willingly waste my time in it.

If we are staying in Shakespeare vibes.
|OT9| A Tragedy in Nine TeraFlops
|OT9| Resetera's Collected Works

Let's keep it Shakespearean.
|OT9| These are not the GPUs you are looking for.
|OT9| To flop, or not to flop
|OT9| The Comedy of Errors

The Comedy of Errors is one of William Shakespeare's early plays. It is his shortest and one of his most farcical comedies, with a major part of the humour coming from slapstick and mistaken identity, in addition to puns and word play.

Fits nicely with the discussions at hand.
|OT9| All's well that ends well
Next-gen PS5 and next Xbox speculation launch thread |OT9| - TFs flopping in the wind.
Next-gen PS5 and next Xbox speculation launch thread |OT9| - CU off to the deep end (See Staff Post)
The best one I saw was |OT9| This is not the GPU you are looking for
(Star Wars)
|OT9| Fucking tflops

Last edited:

gundamkyoukai

Oct 25, 2017

I think what Matt was saying was that the github leaks do not 100% confirm either way what the PS5 will be.

But considering when the tests were done, it's a fair assumption to then assume that unless major overhauls happen (which don't seem likely) the GitHub info is accurate.

That not fair assumption since we have no idea in what context the data was in.
There were test BC and they need hardware to do that on since the final kits are not out .
We already know that BC is not 100% yet since they said so .

The cards they were using look like a over clock RX5700.

Deleted member 57361

Banned
Jun 2, 2019
PS5 is going to be less powerful than XsS. 9.2TF VS 12.xxTF. Both will have amazing beautiful next-gen games. PS5 will be cheaper than XsS. This is what Sony meant by transitioning PS4 customers to PS5 at a fast pace. Cheaper yet powerful next-gen console that plays every game you own.
This is what I think. A combo of power+price+content.

Jeffram

Oct 29, 2017

Don't the same leaks indicate Lockhart is 56CUs?

There seem to be a long list of innacuracies and mistakes in them.

RoboPlato

Oct 25, 2017
Did you really just try to call out a mod and a verified dev for not contributing to the discussion? He was clearly making a statement to bring some sanity back in here.

vivftp

Oct 29, 2017
Ok everyone, EVERYTHING is back on the table for the PS5!

$499
13TF
HBM
ReRAM
Fleshlight

Start your speculating!!!!

FSavage

Oct 30, 2017
Happy Holidays everyone! I hope you've all been doing well!

I've quoted the title suggestions I've seen so far and I'll try to get a poll up soon. Possibly within the next 500-1000 posts but it's hard to judge because the thread moves so fast!

If you have any suggestions for a new thread title until then, please don't hesitate to post it!

If you do make a suggestion, please write "OT9" clearly in the post like this, this is to make it easier for me to search for them!
I think we should try to keep names out of it depending on the context, as I don't want people to take things wrong.

Thread title format: Next-gen PS5 and next Xbox speculation launch thread |OT9| -

|OT9| Flopping Problems

bcatwilly

Oct 27, 2017
Did you really just try to call out a mod and a verified dev for not contributing to the discussion? He was clearly making a statement to bring some sanity back in here.

LOL, I am not picking a fight or calling out anyone. I just gave an opinion on the content of the statement relative to the AMD testing information discussion. And yes everyone on here gives opinions quite freely and clearly throughout all of this.

Status
Not open for further replies.