• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

When do you think the PS5 reveal will take place?

• January

Votes: 6 0.3%
  • February

Votes: 1,172 65.7%
  • March

Votes: 273 15.3%
  • April

Votes: 81 4.5%
  • May

Votes: 116 6.5%
  • June

Votes: 48 2.7%
  • Later

Votes: 89 5.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Evolved1

Oct 27, 2017
Hmm... guessing the exact day is too much lol everyone will lose. House wins by default. If someone does do it, their new tag should be "verified".

AegonSnake

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Information
I'm taking all comers. My boy Transistor will run the show, but know that this is your chance to beat me. Any of you other fools want to risk a bet, feel free to line up and come get these digital hands.

Win and get a tag, lose and wear an embarrassing avatar of our choosing for the duration.
but whats your bet? how can we beat you if we dont know your bet/prediction? ;p

vivftp

Oct 29, 2017
Information
I'm taking all comers. My boy Transistor will run the show, but know that this is your chance to beat me. Any of you other fools want to risk a bet, feel free to line up and come get these digital hands.

Win and get a tag, lose and wear an embarrassing avatar of our choosing for the duration.

I think this is just a trick to get me to tell you when the reveal event will be. You crafty devil 😏

TiG

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Watch everything about the PS5 revealed in random wired articles.

Everything. All the way to release.

RULES FOR CHANCE AT GLORY CONTEST

Transistor

Hollowly Brittle
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Washington, D.C.
Alright y'all, here are the rules

I've discussed this with B-Dubs and here's what we're constituting as a reveal event:

• Make a bet on the exact release date of the PS5 reveal
  • Interviews with Wired (or another publication) and State of Play events do count BUT:
  • Either full spec reveal (CPU / GPU / RAM / etc) or showing the actual console (think Series X reveal) must happen. Not just a shadow or some shit. I mean showing the whole damn thing.
  • Leaks do NOT count
  • Votes for "none" don't count. Only concrete dates.
  • You win? The staff will give you an awesome tag
  • You lose? You get an embarrassing avatar of my choosing until the PS5 is RELEASED

Who dares risk their avatars? Win and get a tag. Lose and, well, I get to pick your avatar

This ain't rocket science. Just use this as a guide:

5L2QwEg.png

Last edited:

groganos

Jan 12, 2018
Ohhhhiiiiyyyoooo

I've discussed this with B-Dubs and here's what we're constituting as a reveal event:

• Interviews with Wired (or another publication) and State of Play events do count BUT:
  • Either full spec reveal (CPU / GPU / RAM / etc) or showing the actual console (think Series X reveal) must happen

Who dares risk their avatars?
Alright I'm in since I cant bet the field let me check the calendar and state that its gonna be
May 1st

TiG

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017

• Either full spec reveal (CPU / GPU / RAM / etc) or showing the actual console (think Series X reveal) must happen. Not just a shadow or some shit. I mean showing the whole damn thing.
  • Leaks do NOT count

Well I still think next is an Playstation Meeting type event on the 11th!

No Changes from me!

Outrun

Oct 30, 2017

• Leaks do NOT count

Lock me in.

Feb 19th.

Darklor01

Nov 2, 2017
Still think the announcement will be this month, but the event itself may fall into March.

Following the PS5 Logo reveal, I've been trying to think of the next most innocuous thing they could show and then just walk away.

A) Power Cord
B) DualShock 5
C) A list of developers currently developing games for PS5
D) Mark Cerny in a flannel smiling like The Grinch

Evolved1

Oct 27, 2017
4/22/20

• Leaks do NOT count

groganos

Jan 12, 2018
Ohhhhiiiiyyyoooo
Nope. We sacrifice people if their date has past. And if their date is further than the reveal, they lose.

The only glory is if you guess the EXACT date
May 1st mark me for it
It's a Friday, theyll announce their fiscal year results the last week of april and checking sony hall there isnt anything booked on the first. So all the internet sleuthing lead me to that conclusion.

Otakukidd

The cutest v-tuber
Oct 25, 2017

• Leaks do NOT count

Who dares risk their avatars? Win and get a tag. Lose and, well, I get to pick your avatar
Feb 25

Tappin Brews

#TeamThierry
Oct 25, 2017
i have a theory. what if the mods were given a leak by Cerny himself. the latest influx of mods in this thread is unprecedented after all. tonky somehow found out and the mods told him to keep quiet and make this thread fun while they counted down the embargo to build hype.

it would be crazy to reveal the specs like this. but we get like ten articles based on rumors that get started in this thread so its probably the best place for specs to go viral.

after all, why would transistor tell everyone to be around at 6PM just for a ban?
it must be the specs.
it has to be.
i want to believe.
please.

i had the same thought actually.

and then i thought they could do the same with someone like anthony h for the series x full reveal too

TheUnseenTheUnheard

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
May 25, 2018

• Leaks do NOT count

February 25th

Evolved1

Oct 27, 2017
May 1st mark me for it
It's a Friday, theyll announce their fiscal year results the last week of april and checking sony hall there isnt anything booked on the first. So all the internet sleuthing lead me to that conclusion.
I probably should've checked the hall reservations before my guess. :(

Era, learn from my mistake, and don't let this avatar sacrifice be in vain.

vivftp

Oct 29, 2017

• Leaks do NOT count

Ok, OK, I'll give you the date. Put me down for Feb 26th pls.

I'd like my tag to be Trekspert
🖖🏾

Deleted member 15973

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017

• Leaks do NOT count

February 26th
giphy.gif

anexanhume

Oct 25, 2017
Maryland

• Leaks do NOT count

March 12tfth
Transistor

Last edited:

EBomb

Oct 25, 2017

• Leaks do NOT count

March 4, 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.