• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

When do you think the PS5 reveal will take place?

• January

Votes: 6 0.3%
  • February

Votes: 1,172 65.7%
  • March

Votes: 273 15.3%
  • April

Votes: 81 4.5%
  • May

Votes: 116 6.5%
  • June

Votes: 48 2.7%
  • Later

Votes: 89 5.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Playboi Carti

Jan 1, 2018
Portugal

Unsure if already posted, but this would confirm a 5GB/s max read and 4.4GB/s write for XSX SSD if reliable (twitter poster is wrong about 7.5GB/s based on my research)

You're both wrong, according to Phison the XSX SSD controller PS5019-E19 has 3.6GB/s max read and 2.2GB/s max write.

o40Qlrz.png

43Qb0U0.png

zombiejames

Oct 25, 2017
Honestly why does it matter? I didn't know anyone used the USB ports for anything other than charging controllers and external HDD, and next gen we probably won't even have the latter.
Everyone's moving to Type-C and it's just weird having a new piece of kit that's still only using Type-A. For the example you gave, then, they don't even need to be USB 3.0 to charge controllers (but it would be stupid if they weren't, right?)

less

Oct 25, 2017
Gotta be some family member that is taking the picture. No way that the person who took if home isn't smart enough to cover up the SN...welp.

Lack of Type-C is disappointing.

Wereroku

Oct 27, 2017
If they are posting a pic serial number and all they have to be wanting the studio that owns it to be tracked.

m23

Oct 25, 2017
Yea, I know, my first post on this mentions it looks really rough due to probably being just an early pre-production prototype. If the actual finish of the console looks like that it's god awful ugly.

What do you mean? We already knew what it was going to look like. Do you mean the matte?

Arkham

Nov 12, 2017
Someone needs to hire that SerialKiller, man. That was brilliant. Registering the number. (Even if fake it's brilliant.)

Status
Not open for further replies.