• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

When do you think the PS5 reveal will take place?

• January

Votes: 6 0.3%
  • February

Votes: 1,172 65.7%
  • March

Votes: 273 15.3%
  • April

Votes: 81 4.5%
  • May

Votes: 116 6.5%
  • June

Votes: 48 2.7%
  • Later

Votes: 89 5.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Brohan

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Netherlands
All of you signing the deal with the devil.

BAbm8xc.jpg

Who's Black Philip in this thread?

DavidDesu

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Glasgow, Scotland
Just to move away from the sillyness for a little but I've just seen the Verge post an article about Nintendo saying Switch supply is suffering due to the Coronavirus. I believe Foxcon have shut down factories as well.

Could the Coronavirus cause serious issues this year across all tech and across the new console launches? There's doesn't seem to be any slowing down of the spread inside China and whole cities are in lockdown and it seems it's only going to get worse for some weeks, perhaps months. Could we even see production completely halt altogether for some time and may this seriously impact the new console launches?

Yeah sorry to burst the madness bubble haha.

Jan 20, 2019
Just to move away from the sillyness for a little but I've just seen the Verge post an article about Nintendo saying Switch supply is suffering due to the Coronavirus. I believe Foxcon have shut down factories as well.

Could the Coronavirus cause serious issues this year across all tech and across the new console launches? There's doesn't seem to be any slowing down of the spread inside China and whole cities are in lockdown and it seems it's only going to get worse for some weeks, perhaps months. Could we even see production completely halt altogether for some time and may this seriously impact the new console launches?

If by may the coranavirus continues, then yes, there is a huge problem for next geb.

Thera

Banned
Feb 28, 2019
France
yea, i am predicting a GDC reveal, Google did the same with stadia, it makes sense because it lets the press have interviews with many developers, it prevents leaks and its before the end of the financial year, so developers can announce their projects for this year in time.
If they make a partial reveal, mostly a "technical" one (no box or price), GDC is the sweet spot. That's why I voted march. Devs are often very enthousiast about new gen so this is really free advertisement.

dom

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017

If the Coronavirus affects the production of hardware that should be started in the Summer, I think we might have a bigger problem than next-gen getting affected.

lynux3

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
what that you dont seem to understand that gearbox did not approach sony to show godfall in TGA, it was the other way around, because its a PS5 launch title.
Typically publishers are the ones who announce their games (ie: Gearbox Publishing) regardless of exclusivity; I doubt Sony is controlling their every move thus Gearbox requested Sony to allow them to announce their game at The Game Awards with "PlayStation 5" attached to it. Does this seem so farfetched?

The original question was, "which game did Sony show", not "which game did Gearbox show". I think the problem is we both interpret this question differently. Nothing wrong with that.

Brohan

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Netherlands

I think it has already been predicted that prices might rise steeply for alot of tech stuff because of the coronavirus. I'm not sure where the PS5 and XSX are supposed to be nanufactured though but TSMC is in Taiwan and that's still running and so are their Chinese based facilities.

TheUnseenTheUnheard

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
May 25, 2018
Typically publishers are the ones who announce their games (ie: Gearbox Publishing) regardless of exclusivity; I doubt Sony is controlling their every move thus Gearbox requested Sony to allow them to announce their game at The Game Awards with "PlayStation 5" attached to it. Does this seem so farfetched?

The original question was, "which game did Sony show", not "which game did Gearbox show". I think the problem is we both interpret this question differently. Nothing wrong with that.
It's also coming to PC though. They're definitely under some contract with Sony for console exclusivity.

DavidDesu

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Glasgow, Scotland
If the Coronavirus affects the production of hardware that should be started in the Summer, I think we might have a bigger problem than next-gen getting affected.
Yeah it's pretty low key now but this whole thing I feel like might have a really huge impact globally in the coming months. If it's as bad as I think I can see the next gen being postponed until next year, although more likely a really weak lunch with hardly any units and people going mad for it. Buy up a few and make yourself thousands selling them on muahahaha

Dust

C H A O S
Oct 25, 2017

Unknown at this point.
If the virus doesn't get contained, it is possible, but that would mean massive damage to the global market. Gaming would be the least of the problems.

PJV3

Oct 25, 2017
London

Didn't Penello say test runs happen around now, it might have a knock on effect earlier if Sony are behind MS on that front.
But i ain't got any idea if the factories are in areas of the outbreak or not.

TheUnseenTheUnheard

Banned
May 25, 2018
No, there is deals in place like markting. There is also that problen that happen last e3 at Microsoft, when there is to many games piling up.

Im sure the developers whould wait just so there game got a lot more time and less competition.
Doubt it. 1 week of press vs 1 showing during a conference. What a terrible deal that would be.

lynux3

Banned
Oct 28, 2017

Darklor01

Nov 2, 2017
1TF added to the PS5 :D

Have they ever done something like option A?

On its own.. no. When Xbox One came out, it was made a point the the power block suppressor was outside of the console rather than in the console itself, so, it was reported on in articles and shown. Later Xbox systems have the suppressor in the console.

Showing a power cord is just as pointless to me as showing just the PS5 Logo, so, I included it in the list. :)

modiz

Oct 8, 2018
just to put this out there, it wont be fair if those are going for the bet for the PS5 preorder and lose dont get to wear the avatar of shame, so if you bet with Doct0r , its only fair you also bet with Transistor , right :)

dom

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Doct0r you should edit the entry post and add that you must quote the message to be eligible. Also might need to add if you would require someone to pay for shipping outside of your region or not.

This way, you can do a thread search with "bamboozle!" or a longer string and find all entries.

Deleted member 5028

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Last edited:

TheUnseenTheUnheard

Banned
May 25, 2018
So why do new games get reveal at tga instead of e3? 6 months of press seems better

Lets do this the other way around, Sony decides to do their conference in may, does that mean all 3 party are going to show there and Microsoft doenst get any? No.
You think E3 is comparable in size to a small Sony event? LOL

Sony couldn't show every major game if they wanted to. If their event is after E3, almost all 3rd party game announcements will be filtered out. I promise.

Status
Not open for further replies.