• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

When do you think the PS5 reveal will take place?

• January

Votes: 6 0.3%
  • February

Votes: 1,172 65.7%
  • March

Votes: 273 15.3%
  • April

Votes: 81 4.5%
  • May

Votes: 116 6.5%
  • June

Votes: 48 2.7%
  • Later

Votes: 89 5.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Doct0r

Jun 7, 2018
Durham, UK
Doct0r you should edit the entry post and add that you must quote the message to be eligible. Also might need to add if you would require someone to pay for shipping outside of your region or not.

This way, you can do a thread search with "bamboozle!" or a longer string and find all entries.
Good idea, added! Hopefully I can order from the winners country/ state. If not I'm glad to pay for shipping.

Jan 20, 2019
You think E3 is comparable in size to a small Sony event? LOL

Sony couldn't show every major game if they wanted to. If their event is after E3, almost all 3rd party game announcements will be filtered out. I promise.

Yah i doubt that.

For example, cod wanst at e3 this year. There are a lot of developers who whould wait week or a month just so their game got more screen time, specaly for games that will only release 1 year from now.

And if your logic was correct, every single game whould be annouance at e3 which is false and TGA proves that.

BreakAtmo

Nov 12, 2017
Australia
Alright y'all, here are the rules

I've discussed this with B-Dubs and here's what we're constituting as a reveal event:

• Make a bet on the exact release date of the PS5 reveal
  • Interviews with Wired (or another publication) and State of Play events do count BUT:
  • Either full spec reveal (CPU / GPU / RAM / etc) or showing the actual console (think Series X reveal) must happen. Not just a shadow or some shit. I mean showing the whole damn thing.
  • Leaks do NOT count
  • Votes for "none" don't count. Only concrete dates.
  • You win? The staff will give you an awesome tag
  • You lose? You get an embarrassing avatar of my choosing until the PS5 is RELEASED

Who dares risk their avatars? Win and get a tag. Lose and, well, I get to pick your avatar

This ain't rocket science. Just use this as a guide:

5L2QwEg.png
Hello Resetera. To spice things up with the predictions, whoever guesses the announcement date first and correctly I will preorder you a PS5. No bamboozle!
<3
Edit: Please quote this post or tag a mod!

Ah, fuck it. February 29th. I'm taking a... LEAP ahaha get it

III-V

Oct 25, 2017
Yep, the lure of a shiny(or matte) PS5 has proven too much and i'm ready to lose my avatar.
i went back and edited my guess and added your quote, hopefully it shows up.
In my experience it's does not alert if you go back and edit a tag. Just make a new freshie if I were you.

edit: but it will show up in searches. Obviously this is a problematic issue if you can change your choice...

PJV3

Oct 25, 2017
London
In my experience it's does not alert if you go back and edit a tag. Just make a new freshie if I were you.

will do

Hello Resetera. To spice things up with the predictions, whoever guesses the announcement date first and correctly I will preorder you a PS5. No bamboozle!
<3

lol, this is turning into actual work

my guess and the same in an earlier post was March 5th, if you need to settle a tie-break.

Nostradamus

Oct 28, 2017

modiz

Oct 8, 2018
i think it would be more fun if those who bring out a prediction also explains there reasoning for such a date, why is it so close or so far from today, so we could generate some discussion around the predictions and thus improve our predictions as well.

NLCPRESIDENT

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Midwest

I've discussed this with B-Dubs and here's what we're constituting as a reveal event:

• Interviews with Wired (or another publication) and State of Play events do count BUT:
  • Either full spec reveal (CPU / GPU / RAM / etc) or showing the actual console (think Series X reveal) must happen. Not just a shadow or some shit. I mean showing the whole damn thing.
  • Leaks do NOT count
  • You lose? You get an embarrassing avatar of my choosing until the PS5 is RELEASED

Who dares risk their avatars? Win and get a tag. Lose and, well, I get to pick your avatar

5L2QwEg.png
Hello Resetera. To spice things up with the predictions, whoever guesses the reveal date* first and correctly I will preorder you a PS5 . No bamboozle!
<3
Fk it... put me down for February 26th. Might as well happen before gdc where they can openly talk about certain things. Also, I'm not buying them worried about Xbox prices.. I don't they are worried about them at all, tbh. Mostly in it for the tag🤔

ekim

Oct 26, 2017

• Leaks do NOT count

5L2QwEg.png

Hello Resetera. To spice things up with the predictions, whoever guesses the reveal date* first and correctly I will preorder you a PS5 . No bamboozle!
<3
March 20 !

VN1X

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Oh this thread's still going? Sony's new console won't be revealed before May. GDC be damned.

Hype responsibly!

Feb 1, 2018
Europe

MrKlaw

Oct 25, 2017

Dust

C H A O S
Oct 25, 2017
The only problematic outcome for Sony is both at same price and 8/9TFs vs 12 TFs. So basically Sony trying to make as much profit as they can and getting too cocky.

Everything else should be fine (cheaper but weaker PS5, same price and performance etc.)

Isayas

Banned
Jun 10, 2018
i think it would be more fun if those who bring out a prediction also explains there reasoning for such a date, why is it so close or so far from today, so we could generate some discussion around the predictions and thus improve our predictions as well.

My reasoning for May 18th is because I think they will fully reveal everything including the price. 7 years ago they had E3 to reveal the price but that is not the case right now.

modiz

Oct 8, 2018
My reasoning for May 18th is because I think they will fully reveal everything including the price. 7 years ago they had E3 to reveal the price but that is not the case right now.
that makes a lot of sense actually, i would have probably also predicted something in may had i not been really hoping for an earlier reveal. there is something to consider however, i think that not unveiling their next gen console before the next fiscal year is bound to upset their partners who want to assure their share holders they got games coming this year.

Nostradamus

Oct 28, 2017
So, he is a fearmonger?
Even unintentionally, as a result yes. People need to be careful and only express opinions based on facts, especially if you work for any kind of journal or news site. Casual twitter posts are completely useless and even harmful if they aren't based on sth. If he has inside info he should say so. "Vibes" are meaningless.

zodiaq

Oct 28, 2017
I'll go with May 19th because thats my Birthday and a random tuesday :) I think they will make a full reveal before e3

Jun 23, 2019
interesting points by tassi

https://twitter.com/PaulTassi/status/1225057304300617728?s=20

https://twitter.com/PaulTassi/status/1225059121914957824?s=20

in this tweet above he makes a point about price, it really seems that xbox may edge out sony on power hence why sony is holding back annoucing it.

lol Tom literally came in here two pages ago saying that this is bunk. Sony is not holding back because they are afraid of MS. They are biding their time for the right moment.

Status
Not open for further replies.