• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Which team are you on?

• Double Team (1997)

• Team Walnut

• The A-Team

• Team "No One Can Stop Mr. Domino"

• Sports Team

• "I'm a loner, Dottie. A rebel."

• Team Margarita

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 1003

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
1472205899-captain-america-surprise.gif

EDIT: without Randy, I didn't understand, lol
Sorry

Cyborg

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
... I would be happy if all we got was a countdown... to... March 3rd. But getting confirmation of something PS5 related would blow my mind. Anticipation is killing me, hope it isn't for nothing...
Its for nothing. Its based on a anonymous post that could have been by everyone (I suspect someone from Era) :)

modiz

Oct 8, 2018
i'll take the "really really soon" comment as 1 to 2 weeks away, it would be rather unusal if the godfall devs shown here to tease something that happens 2 hours later.

Kemono

▲ Legend ▲
Banned
Oct 27, 2017

RoninStrife

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

RoninStrife

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Yes, a countdown to March the 5th would be perfect.
Oh hell yes.
Its for nothing. Its based on a anonymous post that could have been by everyone (I suspect someone from Era) :)
Entirely possible lol. But.. did it appear before or after the 3rd of March rumor from earlier?
22:00 *if* there is anything in this.
The suspense is killing me...
Maybe.. just maybe it's why MS went all out yesterday.

DrKeo

Banned
Mar 3, 2019
Israel
Sony clearly has a weaker console, gets caught at the prospect of having to go against a beastly 12tf machine, so they scrap everything, blow their remaining budget on bio engineering the Corona virus so they can stall the entire industry while they scramble to make 3 extra Tf pop out of thin air.

It's a conspiracy I tell you
Sony Ninjas are fucking unstoppable.
A new theory, Sony didn't want leaks during GDC so... a few months ago, a Sony ninja was at the airport:
MV5BNGVmYjIxNDAtZjQwYi00MDA0LTg5MjUtMzI1MzEwZGVmODc0XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMTY2NjY1OA@@._V1_.jpg

7658d28db260a7671d707acdca6debc1.jpg

Aren't there some rumors with 13.8? Also 13.8/12=1.15. 15%.
If we take a 5700XT and give it 60CU, add 8% for RT and another SE, we get 330mm^2. Add a low L3 cache CPU with 50mm^2 size instead of 70mm^2 and you have a 380mm^2 APU before any "special sauce". Sounds a bit big according to the rumors, doesn't it? Unless it's 7nm+... bam!

Betty

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
There's a great thread on the PS5 Reddit compiling all the TF rumours for PS5, pretty interesting read, the sub 10tf number is definitely in the minority.

Albert Penello

Verified
Nov 2, 2017
Redmond, WA
I'm sorry if this is a topic that has already been covered but surely with this level of disruption from Corona virus there has to be a massive impact to Chinese manufacture of basically what I would assume is most of the components found at multiple levels of the hardware, especially next gen systems. Is it fair to assume that Microsoft and Sony may have not produced large volume of manufactured final units yet. Did Albert Penello ever mention roughly how long before an approximate holiday launch of next gen systems they would likely be in full manufacture mode? I wonder if both companies may have to re assess whatever marketing strategy timelines they have based off this. Especially as Sony have not announced final specs, I assume the order of features, price and date announcements are very carefully considered against one another and may impact the other marketing campaign.

I would not be surprised to see the outbreak have an affect on many holiday products, including consoles. I would imagine contingency plans are in place but this is happening at a time with potentially a lot of impact to manufacturing timelines. If it subsides soon then things should move forward. If this continues on, I think it's going to be a big problem for a bunch of companies.

zombiejames

Oct 25, 2017

Kemono

▲ Legend ▲
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The pastebin is very likely a big pile of nothing but something must happen very, very soon. Why would the Godfall dev said so if nothing happens?

Oct 25, 2017
Godfall devs just said they're sharing more news "really really soon". I'm expecting it to be at the PS5 reveal event.

Here's the clip:

Soon.

It means Komachi found Oberon E0 on Jan 6 but mistakenly reported it as Ariel E0, later correcting himself.

But there is no way to infer the PCI-ID from the CPU-ID so he must have additional information past 0x840f10.

Note: Revision number is comprised of:
BaseModel + Stepping#

sangreal do you have any estimation of how much can change with a revision consisting of an updated base model?
I'm sure more certain conclusions will be made either way.

KOHIPEET

Oct 29, 2017
A new theory, Sony didn't want leaks during GDC so... a few months ago, a Sony ninja was at the airport:
MV5BNGVmYjIxNDAtZjQwYi00MDA0LTg5MjUtMzI1MzEwZGVmODc0XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMTY2NjY1OA@@._V1_.jpg

7658d28db260a7671d707acdca6debc1.jpg

If we take a 5700XT and give it 60CU, add 8% for RT and another SE, we get 330mm^2. Add a low L3 cache CPU with 50mm^2 size instead of 70mm^2 and you have a 380mm^2 APU before any "special sauce". Sounds a bit big according to the rumors, doesn't it? Unless it's 7nm+... bam!
LMAO at that reference.

RoninStrife

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I would not be surprised to see the outbreak have an affect on many holiday products, including consoles. I would imagine contingency plans are in place but this is happening at a time with potentially a lot of impact to manufacturing timelines. If it subsides soon then things should move forward. If this continues on, I think it's going to be a big problem for a bunch of companies.
I agree somewhat Albert.But I think if MS was concerned with a delay, they would not have given us the blowout. I think, based on my professional opinion, there may be some supply chain constraints but the worse that would happen is there wouldn't be a global launch, but one where one or both companies will simply choose to launch in their biggest territories. Like Sony did in 2013 (launching in Japan later) to have maximum SKUs avalible in bigger territories like the US. Granted in 2013, they also had staggered launches in some territories like Africa, Middle East. That though was because of their phenomenal expectations for launch day sales. That strategy paid off however. Largely, I dont think there will be a delay. It would've been made known to investors if that was imminent.

Speaking only of next gen consoles however.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.