• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Which team are you on?

• Double Team (1997)

• Team Walnut

• The A-Team

• Team "No One Can Stop Mr. Domino"

• Sports Team

• "I'm a loner, Dottie. A rebel."

• Team Margarita

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kreten

Banned
Nov 16, 2019
There are no clock differences, both operate within the same reference clocks range.

It's not common for Turing.
So the evidence I posted doesn't exist and you just saying they do makes it so? Seems like you don't fully comprehend how things are calculated and how they work. I showed you comparisons across 25 scenarios and you say it's not true even though it's right there. In every one Nvidia card was at higher clocks. 5-6FPS is also within same range, doesn't stop you from saying 15% more performance all while ignoring that card is also running at higher TF.

The very website that you posted a screenshot from says that 1500MHz is common so either you trust your sources or you dont.

You were trying to claim that per TF Nvidia cards get 15% higher performance, you still have not shown the proof, you actually have shown the opposite when we look at all the data and not just cherry picked portion.

starblue

Oct 28, 2017
Well, there can be few reasons why Series X is not tagged already as "most powerful console ever":

MS don't know about PS5
They know about PS5 but still they can not advertise his console In case something changes on PS5
They know PS5 is more powerful
Marketing this time wont focus on that slogan

So yeah, as always, let's wait until Sony reveals PS5...

My prediction is Ps5 being similar to Series X and not big gap between them. Same price tag.

Deleted member 56752

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
May 15, 2019
Well, there can be few reasons why Series X is not tagged already as "most powerful console ever":

MS don't know about PS5
They know about PS5 but still they can not advertise his console In case something changes on PS5

My prediction is Ps5 being similar to Series X and not big gap between them. Same price tag.
I personally don't see the power differential meaning as much as it did in 2013 anyway. Remember when we had Xbox one and PS4 televisions already supported 1080p and 60 fps so people were seeing the difference night and day. Everyone already had those 1080p TVs. Now we are moving into 4k and a lot of people have them now but some still don't. 120 fps isn't popular amongst tv owners. My $1k 4k Sony tv doesn't have 120 fps capability. I mean, if you can't utilize the extra performance, how much will it matter to consumers?

MykhellMikado

Alt account
Banned
Jan 13, 2020
We have rumors of a more premium PS5 Pro launching along PS5 from Japanese outlets. So perhaps these 599 price tags might be a thing and it becomes more of - how much do you want to spend?

It would be interesting if the 8-9TF PS5 were Sony's Lockhart... that would put them in a crazy situation where their lowest common denominator were 2x that of their competitors while MS would to need to make games to support both a 4TF machine and a 12 TF machine for the entire generation.

Oct 25, 2017
It would be interesting if the 8-9TF PS5 were Sony's Lockhart... that would put them in a crazy situation where their lowest common denominator were 2x that of their competitors while MS would to need to make games to support both a 4TF machine and a 12 TF machine for the entire generation.
The low spec machine really only makes sense if you're targeting 2 different display resolutions(1080p,4K) and the price difference is significant.
8-9TF is massive overkill for 1080p.

Brees2Thomas

Dec 27, 2019
How possible is it that Sony doesn't know the specs of PS5 yet, and that's why they're "not ready" for a reveal? All I keep hearing from leaks are target specs.

Metal Gear

Banned
Jul 28, 2019
giphy.gif

Bunzy

Banned
Nov 1, 2018
Microsoft still refuses to say most powerful console and still go with the phrase most powerful Xbox ever.

Umm wonder why, so many people are going to be losing their shit

DrKeo

Banned
Mar 3, 2019
Israel

thuway

Oct 27, 2017
No point in guaranteeing anything until it's confirmed in a few months
Microsoft probably knows Sony has a more premium PS5 in the wings as well. Japanese outlets are reporting a PS5 Pro could launch alongside PS5 which would make an interesting dynamic.

Lockhart 299 4 TF
PS5 399 9 TF
PS5 Pro / XSX 499 12 TF

5nm node shrinks are coming but supposedly very expensive and most likely need to mature so this could be a great strategy.

Proven

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Microsoft probably knows Sony has a more premium PS5 in the wings as well. Japanese outlets are reporting a PS5 Pro could launch alongside PS5 which would make an interesting dynamic.

Lockhart 299 4 TF
PS5 399 9 TF
PS5 Pro / XSX 499 12 TF

5nm node shrinks are coming but supposedly very expensive and most likely need to mature so this could be a great strategy.

There's basically no point In releasing two consoles that close in power though.

Yung Coconut

Oct 31, 2017
What if Lockhart is really the Xbox Series X... and the real premium Xbox console coming is 24+ teraflops. Sony has no chance regardless if the PS5 is 9 or 14.

Mind blown.

Garrett 2U

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Lockhart 299 4 TF
PS5 399 9 TF
PS5 Pro / XSX 499 12 TF

This doesn't make sense for a lot of reasons. For one, PS5 and PS5 Pro are way too close in performance to justify two SKUs. They'd more likely release a SKU with more memory for $100 more.

Detective

Oct 27, 2017

MS don't know about PS5

Yeah, MS and Sony doesn't know about each other now but other random people knows about both of them because they have connections in the industry /s

Deleted member 12635

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Germany

Lockhart 299 4 TF
PS5 399 9 TF
PS5 Pro / XSX 499 12 TF

Don't you think the performance gap between a PS5 Pro and the PS5 should be bigger?

Deleted member 19767

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Let's talk a hypothetical based on the PS5 Pro being a possibility (I don't believe it is).

Let's say we have:
Lockhart 4-6tf
PS5 - 8-9tf
XSX - 12tf
PS5 Pro - 12tf

How do you think that would pan out on pricing and demand. E.g would the PS5 edge out a Lockhart, and if so - at what price level do we expect Sony and MS to aim for?

Detective

Oct 27, 2017
Developers are the only one who knows imho. Maybe the only ones who knows in MS are Mojang. And of course, I don't believe any insiders....

Same boat as you for the bolded.
If any random knows about both of them because they have connections in the industry then they also know about each other, at least the ballpark because they are the industry.

thuway

Oct 27, 2017
There's basically no point In releasing two consoles that close in power though.
Sure there is. What's the word that gets thrown around for Lockhart? "Options."

Here's the rumor -
www.google.com

PS5 Pro could launch alongside PS5 according to this rumor

"The aim is for PS5 and PS5 Pro to be released simultaneously"

Whether you believe it or not is another matter entirely but Sony could easily launch a high priced - model with higher performing parts and a larger SSD if they want.

Proven

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Sure there is. What's the word that gets thrown around for Lockhart? "Options."

Here's the rumor -
www.google.com

PS5 Pro could launch alongside PS5 according to this rumor

"The aim is for PS5 and PS5 Pro to be released simultaneously"

Whether you believe it or not is another matter entirely but Sony could easily launch a high priced - model with higher performing parts and a larger SSD if they want.

The gap between 9 and 12 isn't big enough to justify making 2 consoles at launch.

Oct 25, 2017
Let's talk a hypothetical based on the PS5 Pro being a possibility (I don't believe it is).

Let's say we have:
Lockhart 4-6tf
PS5 - 8-9tf
XSX - 12tf
PS5 Pro - 12tf

How do you think that would pan out on pricing and demand. E.g would the PS5 edge out a Lockhart, and if so - at what price level do we expect Sony and MS to aim for?

Lockhart: $299
PS5 8~9TF: $399~449
XSX 12TF: $499
PS5 Pro 12~14TF: $499~$599

If happens, Lockhart will be the best selling next gen console by far.

The gap between 9 and 12 isn't big enough to justify making 2 consoles at launch.

This.

thuway

Oct 27, 2017
Like I said - options. Playstation is a brand big enough to assimilate two SKUs.

And whose to say the higher priced PS5 will be only 12 TF or 499?

A perfectly valid scenario could be
399 9 TF 1 TB SSD
599 14 TF 3 TB SSD

Anything Microsoft does or puts out there Sony is just as capable of doing. In fact I'd argue it's even more important for Sony to give more options because Playstation is the most important division for them.

Status
Not open for further replies.