• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Oct 28, 2017
Do you want something brand new (London) or take the current game and refine it to an insane level detail by giving each building a life of its own? I ask because GTA 5 will probably still be very very active over the next 24 months.

skeezx

Oct 27, 2017
"each building being accessible" is really narrow, like what would that entail gameplay wise.

though i understand the angle. a full remake/redux next gen facelift that's more 1:1 with reality, yeah. i'd dig it more than GTA- [insert dream setting here]

FunkyFreshB

Hero of Bowerstone
Oct 25, 2017
Sweden
I've spent a lot of time over the last 6 years in GTA V's iteration of Los Santos. Going into every building would be cool, but I think it'd be more of a novelty, one-time kind of thing as you're outside most of the time, so give me a new GTA over an expanded V.

____

Oct 27, 2017
Miami, FL
GTA6.
I played 5, beat it once and will never return to it like every GTA before it (outside of GTA3, of course)

Betelgeuse

Nov 2, 2017
Nah, 5 again - even with detailed interiors - sounds totally unappealing.

But more than anything, I want them to revamp their control scheme and mission structure (more player agency, not do-as-we-say-insta fail mission design). Otherwise I'm not sure I'll touch 6.

ILikeFeet

DF Deet Master
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
what benefit is there to enter every building? sounds more like a waste of resources. it's a great back-of-box quote, but it's ultimately meaningless

Last edited:

Deleted member 4372

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
GTA VI, in a fully-realized Carcer City. A city in the Rockstar family and if I'm not mistaken, close to or adjacent to Liberty City. Fuck going back to Liberty City AGAIN. I get it, you want the grime & urban city life in contrast to the sun and landscapes of San Andreas, and that's fine, let's do that. But not in LIberty City.

Let's go to Carcer City.

Fat4all

Woke up, got a money tag, swears a lot
Oct 25, 2017
here
do people actually want a game where you can enter every building in a city

Trieu

Feb 22, 2019
GTA 6.

I am usually always for brand new games unless they are going a different route / or screwing the franchise up -> then I am for remakes.

waffleman

Oct 27, 2017
The dream is GTA 6 having a lot of explorable buildings. I love GTA 5 to death but still, I'm anxiously awaiting GTA 6. I would love for Rockstar to start toning down their map sizes so they are more meaningful but after Red Dead 2 having Red Dead Redemptions full map for kinda no reason (at least I didn't feel a reason to explore it deeply at all) it's unlikely.

Derachi

Oct 27, 2017
Okay, I know the idea of fully explorable interiors sounds like a fun, immersive idea at first. Because you're thinking houses. You're thinking stores. Sure. I get it. But, just for a moment, take a mental journey with me. Take a journey to the design meeting for GTA V Redux with interiors.

Today's meeting is about a 50 storey office building in downtown Los Santos. You're in charge.

"Alright," you proclaim. "First floor is reception. Easy." The designers around the table nod in agreement. "Second floor? Well, there's definitely a security office. In fact, second floor is all security." Again, nods around the table.

Then you get to the third floor, and you sort of plan out an office. Fourth floor, same thing. Maybe a different style of office. An open-concept office.You continue rising floor after floor. Maybe you get a few more standard office floors. You could have a joke floor where maybe the toilet is overflowing! Everyone around the table laughs at this, as it is pretty standard Rockstar humour.

You realize that you're on floor 26. You're out of ideas. The game is just GTA V again, the story doesn't require any of this. No one is going to voluntarily visit floor 26 of this building because they don't need to and there's nothing special there. You can't put something special on every floor and this floor did not warrant anything special. So it's another office floor. You have 24 more floors to fill.

This was one building.

Fat4all

Woke up, got a money tag, swears a lot
Oct 25, 2017
here
A lot of games let you do that. WRPGs like Skyrim, Fallout and detective games, the game is an enjoyable mixed bag but Niaowu in Shenmue 3 is really nice for this.
those aren't quite on the same scale as a city, with hundreds of buildings and skyscrapers with hundreds of floors

ILikeFeet

DF Deet Master
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Okay, I know the idea of fully explorable interiors sounds like a fun, immersive idea at first. Because you're thinking houses. You're thinking stores. Sure. I get it. But, just for a moment, take a mental journey with me. Take a journey to the design meeting for GTA V Redux with interiors.

Today's meeting is about a 50 storey office building in downtown Los Santos. You're in charge.

"Alright," you proclaim. "First floor is reception. Easy." The designers around the table nod in agreement. "Second floor? Well, there's definitely a security office. In fact, second floor is all security." Again, nods around the table.

Then you get to the third floor, and you sort of plan out an office. Fourth floor, same thing. Maybe a different style of office. An open-concept office.You continue rising floor after floor. Maybe you get a few more standard office floors. You could have a joke floor where maybe the toilet is overflowing! Everyone around the table laughs at this, as it is pretty standard Rockstar humour.

You realize that you're on floor 26. You're out of ideas. The game is just GTA V again, the story doesn't require any of this. No one is going to voluntarily visit floor 26 of this building because they don't need to and there's nothing special there. You can't put something special on every floor and this floor did not warrant anything special. So it's another office floor. You have 24 more floors to fill.

This was one building.
procedural generation

aka

how to make your player bored real fuckin quick

s y

Nov 8, 2017
what's the chance of R* re-re-releasing GTA V at the start of next gen?

I could see them doing a 60fps version with extra PC version whistles and bundling it with a shark card.

Derachi

Oct 27, 2017
procedural generation

aka

how to make your player bored real fuckin quick
Exactly. You either get a handful of copy/pasted layouts repeating for seemingly eternity, or you get handcrafted interiors that very quickly becomes ludicrously expensive and are still basically the same thing over and over. There's no point.

Spring-Loaded

Oct 27, 2017
That kind of granularity to an overworld the scope of GTA would only interest me if it involved destructibility. If every building could be entered, there'd need to be whole grocery stores, malls, etc. and even if it's all modeled, it could still feel empty if there's no way to buy stuff or interact with everything.

It'd probably be more feasible (but still ridiculous) to just make everything destructible if they're bothering with interiors—if you can blow everything up, samey/non-interactive interiors won't be an issue.

Seems like it'd be a waste outside of citywide mayhem-focused modes though.

Fjordson

Oct 25, 2017
GTA VI for sure.

I love V, but it's been almost 7 years now. I've already bought it twice and beaten it like three times. Bring on the next game.

The Unsent

Oct 25, 2017
those aren't quite on the same scale as a city, with hundreds of buildings and skyscrapers with hundreds of floors
Fallout games are rather big, but of course a lot of is abandoned but I do think it could be a good thing and fun to look for details. You would probably need scaled down cities though.

Dylan

Oct 28, 2017
do people actually want a game where you can enter every building in a city

I think that was the case in Who Framed Roger Rabbit?

52025-who-framed-roger-rabbit-nes-screenshot-world-map-top-view.png

flaxknuckles

Oct 25, 2017

This was one building.
Still sounds great to me. Imagine the police chases if you can duck into any building around you and set up ambushes or throw a bunch of office chairs and crap behind you to slow them down. Or do other cool shit like sniping other players in GTA Online from the 26th floor window of an office building.

Linus815

Oct 29, 2017
i played gta 5 about 5 times already, gimme 6. Entering every building sounds cool, but there is no reason to do it in gta 5 lol. You'd just doing it for the sake of it. You can't even interact with stuff or do robberies like in RDR 2.

Mr Swine

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Sweden
I would gladly take scaled down cities where I can enter and destroy homes. Doesn't matter to me if most are procedural generated and look more or less the same with a few stuff moved aroun.

logash

Oct 27, 2017
Absolutely VI. I bought GTAV in 2013 at launch. In 2020 that will be 7 year which is far too long. Can you imagine having the same game for that long?

Strangelove_77

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Why are y'all so obsessed with entering every room in GTA? There wouldn't be anything but the same garbage items in most of them. Or just nothing.

Nameless

Oct 25, 2017
GTA6 with a focus on RDR2 style ambient storytelling and dynamic events. Also woman protag(or created character), please & thanks.

TSM

Oct 27, 2017
If they are going to go back to a GTA game I'd rather they updated GTA IV.

Epcott

Oct 25, 2017
US, East Coast
Who wants GTA5 sticking around for another gen? I'm surprised Rockstar milked that cow from the end of PS3/360 until now.

Either a fully realized Vice City or outside of the US entirely. US is a bit boring, I mean, is there any satire they can do that would trump current US events without falling into cartoonish Saints Row circumstances?

xxracerxx

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I get the appeal of being able to enter every building, but in general that would just be a huge waste of resources.

KomandaHeck

Oct 26, 2017
GTA VI without a doubt.

I'm sure full interiors may add something to GTA Online but as someone more interested in Rockstar's single-player work and who thought GTA V was terrible story-wise, give me something new and use what they learned writing RDR2.