• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Ryuhza

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
San Diego County
6. Most of the fun in GTA is had outdoors anyway, and I'm well weary of 5's shortcomings. Now if you could Red Faction every building, then we'd be talking.

Lulu

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I could see it now, GTAV: Enter every building edition. Imagine how lit that trailer would be.

Spring-Loaded

Oct 27, 2017
6. Most of the fun in GTA is had outdoors anyway, and I'm well weary of 5's shortcomings. Now if you could Red Faction every building, then we'd be talking.

Yeah, I can't imagine it ever be worth it, but having a game with grounded destructibility could be great.

Citywide deathmatch with people crashing semitrucks through buildings and causing roofs to cave in would justify it all for me though. I don't think single-player, particularly GTA mission design, would capitalise on that.

Static

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
What value is conferred by the ability to enter every building? Kind of sounds like a solution in search of a problem. I am fine with most buildings being props. Weirdly shaped terrain and not much else. "Every building enterable" sounds like a pointless boondoggle.

DavidDesu

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Glasgow, Scotland
Okay, I know the idea of fully explorable interiors sounds like a fun, immersive idea at first. Because you're thinking houses. You're thinking stores. Sure. I get it. But, just for a moment, take a mental journey with me. Take a journey to the design meeting for GTA V Redux with interiors.

Today's meeting is about a 50 storey office building in downtown Los Santos. You're in charge.

"Alright," you proclaim. "First floor is reception. Easy." The designers around the table nod in agreement. "Second floor? Well, there's definitely a security office. In fact, second floor is all security." Again, nods around the table.

Then you get to the third floor, and you sort of plan out an office. Fourth floor, same thing. Maybe a different style of office. An open-concept office.You continue rising floor after floor. Maybe you get a few more standard office floors. You could have a joke floor where maybe the toilet is overflowing! Everyone around the table laughs at this, as it is pretty standard Rockstar humour.

You realize that you're on floor 26. You're out of ideas. The game is just GTA V again, the story doesn't require any of this. No one is going to voluntarily visit floor 26 of this building because they don't need to and there's nothing special there. You can't put something special on every floor and this floor did not warrant anything special. So it's another office floor. You have 24 more floors to fill.

This was one building.
I'm guessing there must be some kind of AI system to automatically design building interiors. It can do the bulk and artists can finesse it out.

jroc74

Oct 27, 2017
Brand new obviously. GTA V has run its course. I still like it, but I'll always like something new.

Betty

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
GTA6 please, I want something new.

I platinumed GTAV twice, I can't go back again.

riotous

Oct 25, 2017
Seattle
GTA 6 with:

- 1 character not several playable that sucked
- Expand character progression, home and business ownership, etc
- bring back stuff like the gang territories in SA

CRIMSON-XIII

Oct 25, 2017
Chicago, IL
I would like the map to be a few cities, like Havana and Nassau and Miami. Santiaga de Cuba, Holguin. Give us some jungle and lush environments, Cartels , older cars, but in the visuals that exceed RDR2 and GTA5. Cigars, music, vibrant areas. Cops and special forces chasing you around. GTA VI

Cuba-and-South-Florida-Map.png

RogueDeadGuy

Jan 27, 2019
Honestly it's crazy to say but by the time GTA6 comes around it'll have been, what, 17 years since GTA4 so I'd kinda love if they went back to Liberty City. That'd be so awesome mid PS5 gen, can you imagine.

Ellite25

Oct 30, 2017
I don't want them wasting anymore time on 5 aside from updating for people playing online.

upinsmoke

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I used to want to enter every building when I was younger, now I just think how boring that would get, pretty fast as well I imagine.

Give me GTA6

W17LY

Aug 29, 2018
GTAV has been fully milked, there's nothing else that game can offer.

Give me GTA 6, different setting, protags, mechanics, etc...

Loadout

Oct 26, 2017
Israel
I think I've had enough GTA 5 to last for a lifetime. I'm ready for GTA 6.

Wouldn't mind GTA 4 Remastered though.

brokenswiftie

Prophet of Truth
Banned
May 30, 2018
I want to play as a custom character
But I know that is never happening

I'm pretty happy with Yakuza's level of detail in YK2
Something like that but in a much larger scale would be really awesome
I want a ton of mini-games and stuff to do offline

Mr. President

Oct 27, 2017
I would like the map to be a few cities, like Havana and Nassau and Miami. Santiaga de Cuba, Holguin. Give us some jungle and lush environments, Cartels , older cars, but in the visuals that exceed RDR2 and GTA5. Cigars, music, vibrant areas. Cops and special forces chasing you around. GTA VI

Cuba-and-South-Florida-Map.png
This, but add some of North Florida so we can have redneck and swamp and crocodile shenanigans.

Wackamole

Oct 27, 2017
I think being able to enter every building in is a waste of time recourses in a game as big as GTA.
Just give me GTA6 please.

Custom character would be fun.

noyram23

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
What does entering a building even offer to be honest? It's like Elder Scroll equivalent of being able to take any item, a cool feature but a waste of resources imo, even then ES has a lot of addition gameplay-wise. They should probably put the resources on something like more physics and interaction within the city

Deleted member 61326

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 12, 2019
I think entering buildings will definitely slow the game down. If that is for the better or worse is subjective, but I'm going with "worse"

Deleted member 2254

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
GTA 6. I already completed GTA V in 2013 and played in its world various times after that, I have no interest in expanding on that experience anymore. Give me a proper new GTA in a new world, a new story, a new graphics engine, everything. Even if you can't enter buildings so be it.

Black Mantis

Oct 30, 2017
What does entering a building even offer to be honest? It's like Elder Scroll equivalent of being able to take any item, a cool feature but a waste of resources imo, even then ES has a lot of addition gameplay-wise. They should probably put the resources on something like more physics and interaction within the city

I'd like to see burglary side-missions, ripping off drug dealer stash houses.

Iztok

Oct 27, 2017
GTA 6, obviously.

The "enter into any building" thing is a kidnergarten playground "idea" everybody had before realising it would add nothing to the experience.

Marble

Banned
Nov 27, 2017
Do you want something brand new (London) or take the current game and refine it to an insane level detail by giving each building a life of its own? I ask because GTA 5 will probably still be very very active over the next 24 months.

This still won't do shit to the (my opinion) lousy sense of scale and the constant feeling you're hopping around on a small island with a small vilage with some large buildings. That's how GTA5 feels to me. Going into buildings is an absolute waste of resources when there is nothing to do.

Only thing I want from Rockstar is an open world game that is actually fun to play and makes me come back. One that feels as fluid to play like Uncharted for example without the stupid aiming and clunky cover systems. One that gives me endless possiblities to solve story missions and let's the player be creative with the tools at his disposal.

Dark Knight

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I'd rather have trees be able to be damaged and uprooted by enough force to be honest.

m23

Oct 25, 2017
I'd much rather GTA 6 since 5 was such a disappointment campaign wise, I don't play the MP.

ghibli99

Oct 27, 2017
6. If it's 5, I'm still wanting that single-player expansion or spin-off starring Lamar.

Jegriva

Banned
Sep 23, 2019
Why would I want to enter in every building?

ShenMue II had a building with 200-ish different apartments that could be entered and were procedurally generated. You can imagine how much it added to the gameplay.

nothing.

Pottuvoi

Oct 28, 2017
Gta6

Really hope more dynamic missions and less reliance on scripting and forcing players actions.

Black Mantis

Oct 30, 2017
That's possible with the current setup, you don't have to make all buildings open though.
That's possible with the current setup, you don't have to make all buildings open though.

That's just a quick example, but it also lends itself to improving how you can escape/fight cops, rival gangs. Just being able to duck in to any building whilst on the run/battling enemies.

Probably too deep for GTA, but maybe being able to take hostages if the buildings occupied could lead to some cool scenarios. I'd also like to see NPC's have more Shenmue-style routines, where they have their dedicated homes and jobs, etc.