• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Rychu

Oct 25, 2017
Utah, USA
Source:

Sad that we probably won't see Halo or Fable or anything next week but excited that there will be a Summer event for first party games. Means they can spotlight third party without having to trim down first party showcasing in an event and vice-versa.

Last edited:

Green

Oct 27, 2017
Although I am somewhat more interested in Microsoft's first party output than Sony's as a primarily PC player, the third party stuff excites me more. *shrugs*

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
Do we think Capcom will be there or will they be at Sony's event instead?

Deleted member 1839

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Do we think Capcom will be there or will they be at Sony's event instead?

If it's Resident Evil related then I assume 99% chance at Sony's. Anything else that's not RE or Monster Hunter could appear at Microsoft.

They were suppose to have 3 more titles besides RE3 before the end of the next fiscal year right?

Kolx

Oct 25, 2017
That's disappointing. I wanted to see Fable, and not a bunch of 3rd party games. Oh well, first party titles should follow shortly.

MrCibb

Dec 12, 2018
UK
Nice! Can't wait to see what's there. I would have liked to see first-party stuff, but if they want an entire showcase to themselves then I'm guessing that means they'll have a lot to show.

Trago

Oct 25, 2017
giphy.gif

Deleted member 11276

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Focusing on Third Party games doesn't automatically mean no first party games. Nintendo fans know this procedure all too well.

Maple

Oct 27, 2017
It seems like this is the exact opposite order in which you would want to do this. Show off first party games first to captivate and excite viewers, then show off third party titles.

I don't know how excited people will be to see gameplay footage of Madden and COD.

RingRang

Alt account banned
Banned
Oct 2, 2019
I think it might feel a little disappointing if they don't show a single first party game next week. Would be nice if they just dropped in one.

It seems like this is the exact opposite order in which you would want to do this. Show off first party games first to captivate and excite viewers, then show off third party titles.

I don't know how excited people will be to see gameplay footage of Madden and COD.
Well you did just reference two of the biggest selling games each year, so it's meaningful, but I do think they'd be better off making it a combo event with first and third party games.

Deleted member 11276

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Not when all first party games have to run on the old consoles. Fans want exciting next gen graphics, a view into the future and MS will deliver on that.

space_nut

Oct 28, 2017
NJ
So much first party games they will have a separate event for it :) Bring on nextgen gameplay next week!

Green

Oct 27, 2017
So between this, the Nintendo and Sony news, we can expect that first party E3 reveals have been delayed to July-August?

Fizie

Jan 21, 2018

Strange thing to say. Madden and COD sell millions every year - there will be a ton of people excited to see next gen gameplay.

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
If it's Resident Evil related then I assume 99% chance at Sony's. Anything else that's not RE or Monster Hunter could appear at Microsoft.

They were suppose to have 3 more titles besides RE3 before the end of the next fiscal year right?
What if it's Street Fighter?

Deleted member 11276

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Lol on what consoles will these third party game run on you think?
I'm very sure there will be some next gen exclusive third party games. They will be in the minority but they will be there.

Just... like it has always been the case in a generational shift? There were always developers craving for more.

Zedark

Oct 25, 2017
The Netherlands
That answers my question in the other thread lol

Ah well, hopefully there's something interesting to glean from this. Was hoping to finally see some first party goodness, but I'll have to be patient for a bit longer.

THEVOID

Prophet of Regret
Oct 27, 2017
I'm very sure there will be some next gen exclusive third party games. They will be in the minority but they will be there.

Just... like it has always been the case in a generational shift? There were always developers craving for more.

Perhaps smaller games? No big guns are running exclusively on next gen.

Feb 8, 2018

Then again it is not surprising that 1st party games tend to have the best visuals. I'm interested to see 3rd party games which are the biggest percentage of the market. The PS meeting 2013 and the Xbox event in that year mixing everything up for a E3-style conference were better though.

TheGhost

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Long Island

Um I'll be excited for COD, elder ring and God knows what else is dropping. You have to realize Sony wasn't going to e3 so all those publishers were probably already locked in with Microsoft to show off their games just like they did last year.

If that's not the case of course you want to show off your system running stuff first before the competition does. Save your best stuff for last

Oct 25, 2017

Define ppl. Here? Pfft worst gauge ever. The actual rest of the gaming world? Millions

AndyMc1888

Jul 16, 2019

Show off third party generate hype - have an event purely for first party where you also announce price etc at a later date

Deleted member 11276

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
That is very fine, I'm thankful that Microsoft gives us something to look forward to. They are killing it this year. By far the best PR management out of the big three IMO.

(Edit: thought the thread was new lol )

Jiraiya

Oct 27, 2017
So close. Really Really Really hope to see some sports titles.

Cmon take 2...i know it's too early...but please 2k.

I'll be fine with whatever though...I'm thirsty for next gen.