• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Sanka

Banned
Feb 17, 2019
Is gamepass currently losing microsoft money? Production and marketing costs are high so new exclusive games easily could cost them around $70 mill plus the licenses for older games. I wonder if this is even making them any profit at the moment.

Aug 26, 2019
Is gamepass currently losing microsoft money? Production and marketing costs are high so new exclusive games easily could cost them around $70 mill plus the licenses for older games. I wonder if this is even making them any profit at the moment.
Probably. But they also probably expect it to become profitable when they reach projected subscriptions.

Feb 10, 2018

It probably is not with all these deals where u can get gpu for a few bucks a month.

But if they can get 5 million subs

That's $50 mill a month, $600 mill a year + game sale and other revenue.

They could probably break even on that if they did 4 AAA and a few AA exclusives a year.

Oct 26, 2017
United Kingdom

With the $1 promotion it's all but guaranteed at the moment. But that's marketing spend anyway. So long as they can keep enough worthwhile content coming to hold onto those subs the service should be net positive eventually.

M1chl

Banned
Nov 20, 2017
Czech Republic
The Xbox exclusive is Gamepass.
Pretty much, only true killer exclusive this gen. With Forza Horizon 3 and God of War. And I've been Playstation guy this gen, from the start for loong years. I hope that in next-gen we will see more AA games, this gen was dreadful with that. More variety. Pretty much, even though I am not finished with the game, Control is the game I hoped that we are going to get back in 2013. Physics based combat, exploration, not some Ubisoft open-world variations x 1000. But still, Infamous: Second Son and First Light were really good.