• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

JehutyRunner

Oct 26, 2017
Disclosure: this is my own tweet (mods, if I'm being an arse linking these, feel free to edit). But figure I'd give context.

Original source (Google Translate): https://www.computerworld.dk/art/24...d-playdead-vinder-computerworlds-top-100-2018

EDIT:

So the game is only on the "idea-stage".. they plan to make a small demo of the game for internal use next year.. there are no deadlines for the game (or anything at this studio)..

so you will have to wait for a VERY long time to see or hear anything about this game..

Last edited:

hanmik

Editor/Writer at Popaco.dk
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
So the game is only on the "idea-stage".. they plan to make a small demo of the game for internal use next year.. there are no deadlines for the game (or anything at this studio)..

so you will have to wait for a VERY long time to see or hear anything about this game..

Deleted member 18347

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Inside is one of the best games this gen, and one of my favourites overall.

These guys are evolving the experiences they create and I'll be there day 1 to see where they go next.

Rock Howard

Oct 28, 2017
They should take their sweet sweet time and make it a meaningful and interesting experience just like Inside.

Deleted member 2254

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm a simple man. I see Playdead, I press Pre-Order. Limbo and Inside are two of the most memorable gaming experiences I've had in the past decade, so they earned my trust in whatever they'll do. Even if the setting or story looked less interesting than usual, I'd still play it without hesitation.

Mani

Jan 14, 2018
London
One of THE top devs in the industry when it comes to establishing an atmosphere of consistent dread without being gratuitous.
Can't wait for another trip into their macabre world.

Cecil

Chicken Chaser
Oct 25, 2017
There were a lot of things I really disliked with Inside, almost hated, but the production values of the game still makes me a bit interested in this

hank_tree

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Hopefully they remember to put some puzzles in this one, unlike Inside.

SpinlyLimbs

Banned
Feb 1, 2018
Awesome. Hopefully it gives a few more answers than Inside did. I loved the mystery of that world, but I'm not fond of how after thinking about it the only real thing that could be given was theories.

pswii60

Oct 27, 2017
The Milky Way
Wow, seriously can't wait. One of my favourite developers and one of the few where anything they release will be a day one purchase.

Oct 27, 2017

Wow, and Inside was over 2 years ago so I'm surprised they're still at the prototype stage of their new game. I guess they're secured for funding + enough money still coming in from previous games that they can happily go 6 years between releases with no need to rush.

Oct 25, 2017
You have my interest.

Oh..... :(

Well, take your time!

SeanMN

Oct 28, 2017
Absolutely day 1 for this. I loved Limbo, and Inside was even better - one of my favorite games this generation.

honest_ry

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Inside of one if the best pieces of media I have ever experienced. Not just in games.

So whatever they have planned I'm excited for.

Scrobbles

Oct 25, 2017
Inside is one of the best games I've ever played. I'm fine with waiting however long it'll take them to make this.

Reedirect

Oct 27, 2017
I always wondered how does a small independent studio manage to stay financially above water when they only release a game like every 5-6 years. I'm sure Inside sold well enough for them, but to hold them over for the next five years? Doesn't seem right. Probably a lot of state and private funding involved.