• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

NightShift

Oct 25, 2017
Australia
Installing single player and multiplayer modes separately sounds amazing and I hope developers support it unlike the adaptive triggers which I can already tell few developers will use.

Feb 26, 2018
While it is nice to get any info on next gen consoles, a serious question for the die hard Sony fans. I see some saying how cool it is to just drop additional info in a Wired article on a random Tuesday, but wouldn't fans actually enjoy or get more hyped if Sony had done some of this type of thing during a 25 year PlayStation anniversary event this fall? I am just saying regardless of PR techniques it doesn't seem that a big fan would prefer this approach.
You joking, right?
Do people really want a fucking press conference for a dualshock 5 info and HW RT conformation?

noyram23

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Sony: "let's put our next gen console's news on a random tuesday blog but make sure that weird indie game Humanity has the SoP spotlight"

Deleted member 17402

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
So, a 4k BluRay drive is included. Be interesting to see if all those people who said they had no interest in one when the pro was revealed end up using it or not ;)
And that would be indicative of what? You wouldn't be able to tell hypocrisy apart from a simple change of opinion. Opinions always change over time and people end up wanting different things.

jett

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
SSD is not that expensive especially when buying millions of them, however I will say the GPU does create a bit of a cost dilemma, I mean a 5700xt is now $400.

I guess amd will come out next year with their RT variant for $400, I don't know? How much was a 7850 when the ps4 launched?
You're living in fantasy land if you think PS5 will have a 1TB SSD with a 2070 Super equivalent for $499.

The 7850 was less than $200 when it launched in 2012. It was a cheapo GPU.

Oct 25, 2017
Cincinnati
While it is nice to get any info on next gen consoles, a serious question for the die hard Sony fans. I see some saying how cool it is to just drop additional info in a Wired article on a random Tuesday, but wouldn't fans actually enjoy or get more hyped if Sony had done some of this type of thing during a 25 year PlayStation anniversary event this fall? I am just saying regardless of PR techniques it doesn't seem that a big fan would prefer this approach.

I love the random drops personally.

poropat

Created an alt account to abuse the GiftBot system
Banned
Aug 23, 2018
I wonder how long it took them to come up with that name, LOL.

bcatwilly

Oct 27, 2017
You joking, right?
Do people really want a fucking press conference for a dualshock 5 info and HW RT conformation?

Come on, I hardly meant only for a couple of pieces of information. I meant Sony could have had a party with the fans where they announced the name and relase window with as much information as they wanted to share, along with a couple of glimpses of something and so forth instead of stealthy Wired articles.

crimilde

Oct 26, 2017

I'd rather they save the conference for when they can do a HW + price + launch lineup reveal.

Feb 10, 2018
User Banned (1 Week): platform wars

They could of literally call it the "playstation Renaissance" and PRICE IT at $699 and some ppl here would still be like

"OMG PSr SO HYPED, AMAZING, GREAT NAME + PRICE!!! CERNY DELIVERS!!"

Tiago Rodrigues

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 15, 2018
Loving the info but...the way they are treating the PS4 this year is weird. Still no price cuts, announcing the PS5 right before this year's fall.
What's the idea?

Callibretto

Oct 25, 2017
Indonesia
Why not just not talk about PS5 until a PS Meeting next year?? Why are they releasing segregated news via Wired on random Tuesdays?
My guess, because ps4 had 2 step of unveiling, the first one is ps meeting where they talk about the console and tech demo, end up not showing the console itself until the next e3.

This time, they want the ps meeting to show off the console, proper games, and perhaps price all at once.

Prime2

Oct 25, 2017
I don't think so, the article doesn't sound like they are talking about multiple trigger stop points, I think they are talking about literal resistance feedback. Either that or the article wording is very weird.

From the article it sounds like trigger stops but set by the software in the controller and not manually done.

bagomagik

Jan 8, 2019
Shawn Layden was gonna leak it so they just decided to get ahead of it.

Will be there day 1. Most excited for what Guerilla has in store.

--R

Being sued right now, please help me find a lawyer
Oct 25, 2017

Why would you want an event to announce DS5 details? Save that for the full reveal on console + games + price.

MrKlaw

Oct 25, 2017
such odd timing - blog post, wired article, random Tuesday

haptics - nice
Evolution of DS4 - nice
USB-C - better than micro USB but would have actually preferred Qi charging. Whatever, its fine I'll buy a dock
Hardware RT - good to get clarification
Size optimisation - good. Will still have bigger games but might help keep downloads/disc sizes a little under control
Specific demos shown including GT (can't be accidental)

Proven

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
I think Sony basically constantly giving details about the PS5 through various media outlets is interesting to say the least.

Dec 6, 2017
US
I think you're going to see a big emphasis on PS Now for at least how you will be playing PS3 games. Would be extremely ecstatic if it has native support like the PS4 BC it's getting, but I'm going to keep my expectations in check for anything other than PS4 BC until Sony says otherwise.

Sorry, I know nothing apparently, but PS4 BC is confirmed? That'd be fucking awesome and a big selling point for me actually right now.

The Bookerman

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Bring the rain Sony.

source.gif

Herey

Unshakable Resolve
Jan 10, 2019
Wtf to that random Bluepoint mention. It's definitely Demons Souls

Otherwise sounds exactly what I want to hear.

SolidSnakex

Oct 25, 2017
They could of literally call it the "playstation Renaissance" and PRICE IT at $699 and some ppl here would still be like

"OMG PSr SO HYPED, AMAZING, GREAT NAME + PRICE!!! CERNY DELIVERS!!"

No, because calling it anything other than the PS5 would be stupid. For as predictable at it is, they have the perfect naming structure that no other hardware manufacturer has.

Deleted member 2791

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
In the end I will never own a PS4. There never was a good occasion for me to get one (either I couldn't afford it, or when I could I was already busy playing games on other platforms). I'm really really glad this is BC compatible, because even if the launch is kinda lackluster like they almost always are I'll be able to go through the PS4 exclusives I wanted to play.

Unless it costs 500+€ at launch. Do we have any indications/hints at the price of that thing? It'd be nice if there was a normal and pro version again.

Aug 26, 2018
Interesting, out of nowhere.

Interesting is PS5's optical drive will act as 4K UHD BR Player, have Back Compat. So, they are leaving no stone unturned!

499$ ?

SprachBrooks

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I hope you can also download just the SP and not the MP

This is a no-brainer when they discussed the granularity of downloads.

The system sounds fine. It's what I expect — but I suspect more features will be announced at an actual press event. With respect to Bluepoint's game, you bet your ass it's Demon's Souls remake.

Kris1977

Nov 25, 2017
In a nutshell, when this thing is confirmed to have PS4 bc on both digital and physical, then I will pre order no matter the cost. That's all I'm waiting on now, that proper confirmation.