• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Chris McQueen

Self-requested ban
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
London
it shows such a disrespect for the PlayStation brand. The legacy deserves more than this random info dump.
PrestigiousWaterloggedAmericanblackvulture-size_restricted.gif

Kasai

Jan 24, 2018
I work two jobs, and this is literally the first I'm hearing about this.

They dropped a PS5 announcement on Twitter? Just like that?

If you told me this could happen back in like 2012, I'd laugh.

SilverX

Jan 21, 2018
I work two jobs, and this is literally the first I'm hearing about this.

They dropped a PS5 announcement on Twitter? Just like that?

If you told me this could happen back in like 2012, I'd laugh.

In 2012, gaming journalists would cast doom and gloom over the PS4 for being announced this way and say it was because Sony had no money to fully announce it lol

Dussck

Oct 27, 2017
The Netherlands
It's like Sony cut all of the PlayStation marketing budget this year. No E3, no big commercials anymore and normally the Champions League games had PlayStation all over it, this year: nothing.

It's like they decided to just ride their wave of success and save it all up for the big marketing push next year.

Price guess: PS5 449,- & new Xbox 399,-

Hoo-doo

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The Netherlands
This info has been hitting the most mainstream news sources here in the Netherlands. PS5 trending on Twitter.

100% free marketing and hype. The thirst for the next Playstation is very real.

Green Mario

Oct 27, 2017
Backwards compatibility is the determining factor for me. I mean, I'll get one eventually, but I can wait it out if there's no BC.

Deleted member 19218

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
It's strange but I guessing makes sense to reveal it like this. Last gen when the PS4 was announced at a conference and tech demos were being given and that Cerny guy detailed it's possibilities people online just moaned about not getting see the physical system which is purely a cosmetic thing. So why bother with another conference.

Aswitch

Nov 27, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
I mean what else would you have called it at this point? Bravo PlayStation for not dropping the ball on that one though. A renowned name and staple in the gaming industry that clearly exudes progression to the next generation of the console. We've all been saying it already. A lot of interesting details. Custom installs are going to be a game changer for consoles. So much saved space when things get full. Can't wait to see that delicious controller. Those triggers seem to possibly hint at an elite version which i'm all in for if that comes to be.

KeRaSh

I left my heart on Atropos
Oct 26, 2017
Sony just shot themselves in the foot.

I don't know how much the rest of you know about Japanese culture (I'm an expert), but honor and shame are huge parts of it. It's not like it is in America where you can become successful by being an asshole. If you screw someone over in Japan, you bring shame to yourself, and the only way to get rid of that shame is repentance.

What this means is the Japanese public, after hearing about this, is not going to want to purchase the PS5, nor will they purchase any of Sony's games. This is HUGE. You can laugh all you want, but Sony has alienated an entire market with this move.

Sony, publicly apologize and organize a huge PS5 announcement event or you can kiss your business goodbye.

Animismus

Oct 27, 2017

I don't know how much the rest of you know about Japanese culture (I'm an expert), but honor and shame are huge parts of it. It's not like it is in America where you can become successful by being an asshole. If you screw someone over in Japan, you bring shame to yourself, and the only way to get rid of that shame is repentance.

What this means is the Japanese public, after hearing about this, is not going to want to purchase the PS5, nor will they purchase any of Sony's games. This is HUGE. You can laugh all you want, but Sony has alienated an entire market with this move.

Sony, publicly apologize and organize a huge PS5 announcement event or you can kiss your business goodbye.

I don't get it!

Gamer17

Banned
Oct 30, 2017

Haha ffxiii reference is still funny

mrglcs

Oct 25, 2017
Germany

Rendering...

Oct 30, 2017
Sony Interactive Entertainment CEO Jim Ryan is still ready to answer it. The console, he tells me, will be called PlayStation 5. "It's nice to be able to say it," he says. "Like a giant burden has been lifted from my shoulders."
Wow, and here I was expecting the Nintendo Switch 2: A Sony Computer Entertainment System by Sony.

shark97

Banned
Nov 7, 2017
main takeaway is launching the same time as next xbox means their likelyhood to be more powerful than next xbox just got even smaller. amd has the same tech for all.

Hoo-doo

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The Netherlands
When are we expecting the reveal event?

I'm hoping for an event in spring 2020, a games blowout at E3 and a holiday 2020 launch.