• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mona

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Just came in to say the R&C games on PS2 are gaming classics, and Spyro ain't far behind

Silky

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Georgia
I suppressed my power levels and submitted my content.

Thank you Insomniac for producing my game of the generation (Sunset Overdrive.) and keeping to your mantle of fun, zany world's and exciting gameplay. I will be there day one for Spider-Man, and whatever (non-VR pls port Edge of Nowhere btw) future title you crazy cats make.

Kiro

Oct 27, 2017
Ottawa, Canada
Hey, firstly I wanted to say thank you for making Ratchet and Clank. I grew up with this series and the creativity put into the weapons and characters helped me to develop my own outlandish imagination.

1. Regarding Sunset Overdrive, how do you feel when looking back on the sales, exclusivity with Microsoft, and owning the IP? Do you think giving up the IP to Sony may have led to better sales or a stronger likelihood of the franchise's sequel?

2. With the franchise Ratchet & Clank during the first few years of inception often being compared with the Jak & Daxter series - what do you think were the most unique and defining qualities of R&C that allowed for its success and longevity over Jak & Daxter?

SweetNicole

The Old Guard
Oct 24, 2017
Hey, firstly I wanted to say thank you for making Ratchet and Clank. I grew up with this series and the creativity put into the weapons and characters helped me to develop my own outlandish imagination.

1. Regarding Sunset Overdrive, how do you feel when looking back on the sales, exclusivity with Microsoft, and owning the IP? Do you think giving up the IP to Sony may have led to better sales or a stronger likelihood of the franchise's sequel?

2. With the franchise Ratchet & Clank during the first few years of inception often being compared with the Jak & Daxter series - what do you think were the most unique and defining qualities of R&C that allowed for its success and longevity over Jak & Daxter?

How to submit questions:

To submit your questions to Insomniac Games, please send me a private message titled, "Q&A - Insomniac Games".

In your private message, you may ask up to two questions. To send a pm - click on a user's profile page and then "start a conversation."

Madness

Oct 25, 2017
Whoops. I figured it out. Sorry to clog up with that giant wall of text?

Two questions is a bit too little for a developer of this stature. I literally had like 12+ questions lol.

Last edited:

Kiro

Oct 27, 2017
Ottawa, Canada

Thanks. I did that as well. Just wanted to share my questions here in case it starts conversation amongst ERA beforehand :)

Oct 25, 2017
Submitted...

Despite your views on fidelity being more marketable than 60fps, do you see Insomniac embracing 60fps again on the next gen of console. It would beg to reason that more power will result in less need for compromise.
Shouldn't that have applied going from last gen to this gen? I think Insomniac is just done with it. It is nice to imagine a situation where they could get the best of both worlds (fantastic visuals and 60fps) next gen though.

Sawneeks

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
:O

Grizzly I know you somehow had a hand in this, you can't hide it from me! We've talked about R&C together too much and I know how much you love that series. :p

FRANKEINSTEIN

Oct 27, 2017
AZ
I don't really have any questions. Just wanted to say Resistance 3 and Ratchet and Clank (not any 1 in particular, all are really) are outstanding games.

Lady Bow

Nov 30, 2017
So psyched for this! I submitted these two:

What was it like working with Steve Copeland with the Spyro trilogy? I imagine there's an interesting story on how he got onboard with the first game. :)

The Chimera Hybrids from Resistance: Fall of Man must have bern close to 7ft tall while in Resistance 2 and 3 they seemed to be the same height as the player. Was there any intentions behind sizing them down? I loved 2 and 3 but I feel the Chimera were a lot less intimidating.

doemaaan

Oct 27, 2017
This should be good. I patiently await.

Also, I hope to hear about Going Commando Remake sometime this year. The first remake was incredible.

Kyle Cross

Oct 25, 2017
Are we allowed to ask about Sunset Overdrive possibly getting an Xbox One X patch? The reason I'm asking in the thread and instead sending a PM is because I hear that that is something Microsoft would do and not Insomniac, so I don't want to clog up the PMs if that's the case.

Temascos

Oct 27, 2017
Submitted my questions! They may have been asked already so no worries if you need to press on past them, but I hope you guys can get around to them.

Ethifury

Dec 4, 2017
Are we allowed to ask about Sunset Overdrive possibly getting an Xbox One X patch? The reason I'm asking in the thread and instead sending a PM is because I hear that that is something Microsoft would do and not Insomniac, so I don't want to clog up the PMs if that's the case.

That's a good question. Hopefully they release one

Salmonax

Oct 27, 2017
This is great. I love Insomniac from their efforts across PlayStations to their work on Oculus. Looking forward to it.

Oct 30, 2017
One of the best developers teams in the industry... love love love these guys to death, I will send my questions for sure :-)

Sir Guts

Use of alt account
Oct 26, 2017
I asked my two questions. Hopefully will get clear answers :( Thank you

bombshell

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Denmark
My mind is not good at coming up with thoughtful questions, but I will look forward to reading this awesome Q&A from one of my favourite developers.

Given their current job postings and unwillingness to show the game, I get the sense that one is cruising for a delay into next year. Plus, Sony has to green light PR on Spider-Man, and Marvel probably does too, and a Q&Era would be kind of an odd place to restart a marketing campaign even if it's still out this year.

That said, I think you could get them to comment on if they're considering more downloadable or VR games or if everyone is on Spider-Man. They were planning on doing a lot of direct fan engagement going forward and self-published or near self-published titles are a great choice for that.

Maybe not? :)

https://www.resetera.com/threads/detroit-become-human-releases-may-25th.26567/page-3#post-5068110

Pankratous

Oct 26, 2017
Resistance 3 is my favorite FPS ever. I always found the franchise to be far superior to Killzone. R2 did go in an odd direction, but R3 came back swinging to create one of the greatest FPS campaigns ever. I was really invested in that world and its lore. I've dreamt of where it would go in my head. I still hold on to hope that someday I may get to see an Insomniac-developed Resistance 4 where I can scour the globe for Gray Tech, build a devastating weapon that rips a hole in spacetime, and use that hole to take a trip to the Chimeran Homeworld to fight the Pure Chimera.

That's a bit too cray cray for me.

I've always wanted a Resistance 4 where you go across the planet and join resistance groups who are finally managing to push back after the events of Resistance 3.

Clive

Oct 25, 2017
I really love these guys. I legitimately think that Sunset Overdrive is one of the masterpieces this gen and I hope they can make traversal as fun in Spider-Man. Song of the Deep was excellent too but sadly the difficulty was too high on Normal for most reviewers it seems. I played it on Easy too for that reason. They've made so many incredible games all throughout my life from Spyro to Ratchet & Clank to Resistance and now to their more experimental own franchises. Will submit a couple of questions when I've given this some thought.

Noobcraft

Nov 23, 2017
Has anyone else already asked the following Q's?

Sunset Overdrive X patch when??

Also

How much money would a human being have to send to Insomniac to make a Sunset Overdrive X patch happen?

Gartooth

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Whoa, this is so awesome!!! Loved Spyro and Ratchet & Clank so much growing up, I'm going to have to dig deep into my memory for some longstanding questions!

Wozman23

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Pico Rivera, CA
That's a bit too cray cray for me.

I've always wanted a Resistance 4 where you go across the planet and join resistance groups who are finally managing to push back after the events of Resistance 3.

That'd be great too, but ultimately, I'd like my idea to be built up to with another trilogy. For me seeing the Pure Chimera is the end game. Plus it could function as a reboot of sorts by introducing new enemies, weapons, and completely different environments. After that there's also a completely different alien race that Malikov postulated, so that could easily be another story arc. Or I also think it would be cool to just have a firm ending where the resistance fails and the Chimera wipe humanity from existence completely - just bleak and depressing, but unique for a game's ending, and a definite way to put a bullet in a series.

Eblo

Oct 25, 2017
Just submitted my questions. I'm eager to see what all we learn in the coming weeks.

QisTopTier

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
I asked the question that's been bothering me since a crack in time and it isn't frame rate stuff

AuthenticM

Son Altesse Sérénissime
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Questions submitted. Here they are:

Hello,

1. Have there been any talks with Sony regarding a Definitive Collection for the Resistance series? The competitive multiplayer for Resistance 2 is one of the bests I have ever played, up there with UT2004 and Bad Company 2. I couldn't get into R3's multiplayer as much because of the drop to 30fps, but if you guys told me that I might be able to play it again on PS4, in glorious 60fps, I would buy that game day one.

2. How was Fuse's reception felt internally at Insomniac? I remember being very excited when you guys unveiled it as Overstrike, with its vibrant color palette and the funny/witty banter between its characters. But when the game was retooled as the grittier and more serious Fuse after some focus testing, the interest I had in it diminished. Essentially, I'd like to know what lessons you learned from the development of this game and how you've applied those lessons to your following games, such as how you balance tweaking a game for mass market versus sticking to your artistic vision, for example.

Cheers, and keep making great games.

Vashetti

Oct 27, 2017
I asked

By no means a complaint, but how come your Ratchet & Clank output has been so sparse this generation? I understand that as gamer's expectations rise in terms of visuals, etc. so does your workload.

But across the PS3 generation you released all of these R&C games:

Tools of Destruction
Quest for Booty
A Crack in Time
All 4 One
Full Frontal Assault
Into the Nexus

So far this generation, you have only released a remake of the very first game. What gives? Again this isn't a criticism, but the wonderings of a thirsty fan.

Modest_Modsoul

Living the Dreams
Oct 29, 2017
Well I already submit my questions, and one of them related to Ratchet & Clank obviously.

Deleted member 274

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Insomniac Games and Jstevenson are basically the reason I started actively participating on the old forum, back when they were giving away Resistance 2 beta codes to the community, so they'll always have a very special place in my heart.

Oh and I also love their games<3

goldenageoftelevision

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
I only want to know why there sitll is no pc version of sunset overdrive or if there are any legal reasons holding it back. would be a perfect games anywhere and steam seller

Print_Dog

Oct 27, 2017
Looking forward to this. Insomniac has been one of my favorites for my entire gaming career. Hell I learned what the word meant because of the name!

Oct 25, 2017
Submitted...

Despite your views on fidelity being more marketable than 60fps, do you see Insomniac embracing 60fps again on the next gen of console. It would beg to reason that more power will result in less need for compromise.

Unless the next CPU is current gaming PC level I would not expect 60fps. If that happens then maybe they give us two performance modes like devs have started to do this gen.

Status
Not open for further replies.