• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pacote

Oct 25, 2017
São Paulo
99% of brazilians that i know (including women) are on Neymar's side on this.

After the video, same here.

It was all very much premeditated on her end (inviting him several times via whatsapp to go there, insisting etc), setting up the phone to record, trying to make so he hits her.

The only thing we are 100% sure is that she assaulted Neymar so far.

Im curious on what happens after the cut. I presume the full video will be release eventually.

Ethical Hedonism

Permanent ban for creating alt account to troll.
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Why a 1 minute cut of a 7-min video tho? I wounder who would benefit from that framing, since it is the first impression most people will have from it...

ZattMurdock

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Earth 616
Just leaving this here:

Truly tired of people trying to discredit victims of rape. That is happening here on Era, with no reasonable framing but distorting and second guessing the victim at every turn it's truly unbelievable. Neymar might be innocented by a court of law of the rape accusation, but I'm siding with the woman here because the logic that she set him up simply doesn't add up.

Neymar said what happened in the bedroom with the girl in his "exposure" video IN THE TWO DAYS are things that happen between an woman and a man in closed doors. I have never discussed with an woman if I raped her or not, let alone would call the argument they are having "normal".

Last edited:

Ganzlinger

Oct 27, 2017
Just leaving this here:

This Pablo Villaça is ridiculous. His arguments are basically "if you don't think like me, you're being sexist and that proves our society is mysoginist." "it doesn't make sense for her to act like that, it would be cliche". Dude, you can't frame Neymar or anyone as guilty without consistent proof. He is siding with the woman because he wants to believe her since he wants this case to represent the cause he likes to denounce and fight for - which is a legit cause as many women are indeed victims of rape by powerful men. But that's not the approach the police should have in a real case where people's freedom and honor are on the line. You need to check the facts and proof.

Putting all the pieces together, their conversation after the encounter, the premeditaded aggression she tried to provoke, the money agreement she tried are not looking good for her. It doesn't matter if she had guts to admit she wanted sex (which everyone already knew already after the leaked conversation).

ZattMurdock

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Earth 616
This Pablo Villaça is ridiculous. His arguments are basically "if you don't think like me, you're being sexist and that proves our society is mysoginist." "it doesn't make sense for her to act like that, it would be cliche". Dude, you can't frame Neymar or anyone as guilty without consistent proof. He is siding with the woman because he wants to believe her since he wants this case to represent the cause he likes to denounce and fight for - which is a legit cause as many women are indeed victims of rape by powerful men. But that's not the approach the police should have in a real case where people's freedom and honor are on the line. You need to check the facts and proof.

Putting all the pieces together, their conversation after the encounter, the premeditaded aggression she tried to provoke, the money agreement she tried are not looking good for her. It doesn't matter if she had guts to admit she wanted sex (which everyone already knew already after the leaked conversation).
Neymar will answer for this in a court of law. I'm not saying this as a lawyer, I'm saying this as an human being: I believe her. There is nothing in the interview or the leaked video that makes me think differently, quite the opposite: it made me actually believe that she is telling the truth. Of course that it will be very difficult with what we know so far that a D.A. will be able to prove that in court, but I do believe she is telling the truth, and the fact that some people here are viciously trying to discredit tells me more about those who do that than her.

Last edited:

Juzzomac

Oct 27, 2017
The hypocrisy in this thread is astounding.

We don't know who the victim is yet (let the courts decide), but one poster has already judged Neymar as 100% guilty, regardless of what happens.

Shows how dangerous rape allegations can be.

I do not hope for one specific outcome, all I hope for is that the truth comes out and that there's a fair trial. Then I will draw my conclusions, not before.

ZattMurdock

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Earth 616
CBF vice-president: "He that never argued in closed doors with someone among you, cast the first stone", referring to the leaked video.

Ganzlinger

Oct 27, 2017
Neymar will answer for this in a court of law. I'm not saying this as a lawyer, I'm saying this as an human being: I believe her. There is nothing in the interview or the leaked video that makes me think differently, quite the opposite: it made me actually believe that she is telling the truth. Of course that it will be very difficult with what we know so far that she will be able to prove that in court, but I do believe she is telling the truth, and the fact that some people here are viciously trying to discredit tells me more about those who do that than her.
Almost everyone following this case thinks that she is the main responsible for this lack of credit. The proof she produced against herself and the inconsistency of her defense and allegations brings mistrust.

Many people that dislike Neymar, including myself, think his version of the facts are more believable.

You're free to believe her, of course, but there is no evidence to build a good case against Neymar so far.

And it's really worrying that some people doesn't seem to think that false rape allegations exist. It does, unfortunately. And it's the main obstacle for fighting real rape cases.

ninjaurbano

Jan 7, 2018

Pablo Villaça (and a lot of other people) don't really care about the alleged victim. Neymar (and his family) is a supporter of the current government and that's enough for those people to hate him no matter how improbable this whole story is.

If it was a leftist celebrity instead of Neymar, a lot of people would have an entirely different opinion.

If the messages weren't enough, now we have video evidence that the girl was probably setting a trap, asking Neymar to hit her and hitting him when he refused.

But for those people that's not enough because the real crime of Neymar is supporting Bolsonaro's government.

SleepSmasher

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Australia
but I'm siding with the woman here because the logic that she set him up simply doesn't add up.
I mean, money?

Come on dude, your white knight agenda is getting tiresome. I'm not saying Neymar is innocent but it's completely reasonable to at least consider that she might have an ulterior motive here. My fiancée is a strong feminist and after the TV interview and the hotel video, she's now clearly on the fence. The worst thing about the whole thing? Women from now on potentially struggling to prove legit rape cases "because remember what happened with Neymar", regardless of who is guilty here given how much people are leaning left and right.

ninjaurbano

Jan 7, 2018

True. And most people that I know don't even like Neymar. All the evidence so far disproves the girl.

I mean, money?

Come on dude, your white knight agenda is getting tiresome. I'm not saying Neymar is innocent but it's completely reasonable to at least consider that she might have an ulterior motive here. My fiancée is a strong feminist and after the TV interview and the hotel video, she's now clearly on the fence. The worst thing about the whole thing? Women from now on potentially struggling to prove legit rape cases "because remember what happened with Neymar", regardless of who is guilty here given how much people are leaning left and right.

It could be money and fame. The girl has a lot of financial troubles, including an eviction order. She has no profession and so on.

You are right about the potential to disbelieve legit rape cases. The whole story is such a scandal in Brazil that I can see people saying "remember what happened with Neymar" to disbelieve real victims. The girl is doing a BIG disservice to woman across the country.

Memento

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Pablo Villaça (and a lot of other people) don't really care about the alleged victim. Neymar (and his family) is a supporter of the current government and that's enough for those people to hate him no matter how improbable this whole story is.

If it was a leftist celebrity instead of Neymar, a lot of people would have an entirely different opinion.

If the messages weren't enough, now we have video evidence that the girl was probably setting a trap, asking Neymar to hit her and hitting him when he refused.

But for those people that's not enough because the real crime of Neymar is supporting Bolsonaro's government.

Damn we have bolsominions in Era?

You could have perfectly made a point without making awfully obvious how much of a Bolsonaro supporter you are, but you guys just NEED to bring him up in every single discussion hm?

Saray

Nov 26, 2018
And what happens if the court decide that she is lying after all the evidence?. If indeed he is innocent there should be serious consequences for trying to ruin another person life like that.

Mass_Pincup

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
And what happens if the court decide that she is lying after all the evidence?. If indeed he is innocent there should be serious consequences for trying to ruin another person life like that.

With rape being hard to prove even with evidence, this would prevent women coming forward even more. It's not perfect right now but it's the best situation we can come up with.

jts

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Is this a knife? Wow
D8-VAhm-GUIAA8-WM1.jpg
Holy shit. That would put the "I should have killed him when I had the chance" in a whole new light.

ty_hot

Banned
Dec 14, 2017
Some are coming and pointing fingers saying that you cant be certain that he is guilty... And then proceed to say that the girl is falsely accusing and that she will hurt the case of many many more girls that are raped in Brazil. Ohhh but Neymar is a public figure, it will hurt his reputation! I even read that the girl talking seems staged, PR-trained, LOL, there is nothing more staged than Neymar and his family, they are a walking PR-trained people, but they would never say this about him.

Anyway, we are 3 weeks after the incident, apparently she didn't go to the police earlier so I guess there wont be any exams that can show signs of violence... Unless she got Neymar admitting to doing something it's extremely unlikely that she can prove that he raped her.

To add more, Brazil president has declared his support for Neymar because he's a good boy and he hopes he can give a hug on him before the game because of that difficult moment
Everybody calls him a boy all the time, he will never be a full grown up man. As Kfouri said: Neymar sempre será um pobre menino rico.

Btw, bolsominions siding with Neymar is something that doesnt surprise me at all.

ty_hot

Banned
Dec 14, 2017
I commited the error of going through the commentary section in Brazilian media outlets and no wonder they all have the exact same argument as someone posted here, that the girl practiced what she would say and bla bla bla (as if this meant anything). I am absolutely sure that this was spread through WhatsApp, just like every other bolsominion opinion in our country. I wont search youtube for that but I am sure the bolsominion youtubers are saying the same... Well, better to talk about this case than about his government...

Holy shit. That would put the "I should have killed him when I had the chance" in a whole new light.
It's a champagne glass, apparently.

Last edited:

WolfForager

Oct 27, 2017
In Ireland we have a law that both parties in a rape case remain anonymous unless the defendant is found guilty.

I think Neymar is a little bollicks, but people already confirming that he's guilty is BS. And in the instance that he is innocent, it's tarnished his name regardless.

Wackamole

Oct 27, 2017
That video doesn't really help in this case, it seems.
But let's hope the truth will come out.

LQX

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Wow, did she really think that video would help her claims? Is there more to it? Going by that clip she is clearly the aggressor. And in a situation like that where he is clearly being attacked and still refuses to be aggressive back at her I think it helps his character and speaks volumes about hers.

Cappa

Oct 25, 2017
That video doesn't really help in this case, it seems.
But let's hope the truth will come out.
Not only does it not help, it completely discredits it.

I think jumping conclusions with rape allegations is always dangerous but there is so much "evidence" right now that it's hard not to come to a conclusion in favor of neymar.

Deleted member 888

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Neymar will answer for this in a court of law. I'm not saying this as a lawyer, I'm saying this as an human being: I believe her. There is nothing in the interview or the leaked video that makes me think differently, quite the opposite: it made me actually believe that she is telling the truth. Of course that it will be very difficult with what we know so far that a D.A. will be able to prove that in court, but I do believe she is telling the truth, and the fact that some people here are viciously trying to discredit tells me more about those who do that than her.

People looking at the chain of events and having probable doubt is not a slight on you personally. There were people who did the same thing in the Jussie Smollett story as it was unfolding as some evidence or "testimony" was failing to hold up. High profile cases sometimes don't go the way you think they are going to go. What else is new in the world of human beings?

Taking someone's accusations seriously doesn't mean you need to treat it like some game of "absolute certainty" where you attempt to hitch yourself to 100% it happened or 100% it didn't happen. Quite a few posters on here like to roll out the "Resetera isn't a court of law" in defence of being able to say something is 100% true, but if you use that line of argument then you have to concede that at times it will be used the other way. As in, if things look a bit weird or there is clearly reasonable doubt to hitch yourself to "100% happened this way", then Resetera, not as a court of law, might have some posters commenting saying "That looks weird" or "There seems to be a contradiction here".

kaputt

Oct 27, 2017
All I can say for now is that people should be aware of bias confirmation in this case. We should battle our biases, in a rational way, otherwise we'll just behave like some nonsensical people we see out there.

We don't have the full picture, so I can't make my mind yet, but let's be honest, none of the evidence so far helps her case. Seriously.

Wispmetas

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
The video seems to be on the day after the abuse.

From what she says in the video, so it really does not discredit her, it just shows that she is distressed about something that happened the night before and acting on that, by phisically atacking him.

Wackamole

Oct 27, 2017
Not only does it not help, it completely discredits it.

I think jumping conclusions with rape allegations is always dangerous but there is so much "evidence" right now that it's hard not to come to a conclusion in favor of neymar.
I think we shouldn't jump to conclusions at all right now. It's not a race to be right online.. There aren't bets or things like that. Nobody here wins anything by being right or wrong. We just need to hope that the truth comes out.
If he assaulted her or raped her, i hope he will get punishment for that. If she framed him for money, i hope she will get punishment for that.
Right now, this part of the video doen't work in her favor, that's for sure.

But it will be interesting to see how this ends.

Last edited:

Pacote

Oct 25, 2017
São Paulo

Taken from past cases of false accusation of rape in Brazil, prosecution will choose not to charge her and nothing will happen.

Ethical Hedonism

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

False communication of a crime is a crime itself... Why people ignore this?
Like there's no consequence for falsely reporting a crime...

Saray

Nov 26, 2018

The uncle of my boyfriend was falsely accused. His ex wife hit herself and accused him of doing It. It was demostrated that he was innocent, however nothing happened to her. Don't know if It is the general conclusión to that kind of situación, but i hope not.

Pacote

Oct 25, 2017
São Paulo

In brazil false accusation has a 6 month to an year max jail time, but is not common for anyone to be charged with that.

And in order (my guess) to not scare woman who were actually raped, the prosecution doesn't go after the ones that lied.

So as I said, if more evidence emerge and what she said was all lies, nothing will happen to her.

The uncle of my boyfriend was falsely accused. His ex wife hit herself and accused him of doing It. It was demostrated that he was innocent, however nothing happened to her. Don't know if It is the general conclusión to that kind of situación, but i hope not.
It is...

Ethical Hedonism

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
In brazil false accusation has a 6 month to an year max jail time, but is not common for anyone to be charged with that.

And in order (my guess) to not scare woman who were actually raped, the prosecution doesn't go after the ones that lied.

So as I said, if more evidence emerge and what she said was all lies, nothing will happen to her.

It is...

Won't anything happen to her tho? Isn't public humiliation and harassment enough?
Being labeled as a liar for the rest of her life? Becoming the new public face of false accusation cases?
Oh she will suffer consequences if she is lying, believe it. Her family already is.

Pacote

Oct 25, 2017
São Paulo
Won't anything happen to her tho? Isn't public humiliation and harassment enough?
Being labeled as a liar for the rest of her life?
Oh she will suffer consequences if she is lying, believe it. Her family already is.
That for sure, but in my opinion, IF she were to be lying, she should face legal consequences. But it wont happen like it never happened before (afaik)

Marossi

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It could be money and fame. The girl has a lot of financial troubles, including an eviction order. She has no profession and so on.
It isn't though. Otherwise she would have accepted the suggestion by her ex-lawyer to settle. But she didn't.

I think the victim has no real reason to fake this unless she's some kind of sociopath who wants to ruin Neymar. If she wanted money, she could have got it.

I'm still with the victim here, the fact that she didn't want money makes me believe that she's saying the truth.

Pacote

Oct 25, 2017
São Paulo
It isn't though. Otherwise she would have accepted the suggestion by her ex-lawyer to settle. But she didn't.

I think the victim has no real reason to fake this unless she's some kind of sociopath who wants to ruin Neymar. If she wanted money, she could have got it.

I'm still with the victim here, the fact that she didn't want money makes me believe that she's saying the truth.

She did, her lawyer comvinced her and they even set up a meeting with Neymar Lawyers, but they didnt settle.

This was a week before she went to the police.

Marossi

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
She did, her lawyer comvinced her and they even set up a meeting with Neymar Lawyers, but they didnt settle.

This was a week before she went to the police.
But she did not wanted to settle, she wanted to drop the video from the beginning as revenge and her lawyer convinced her to not to, so they could try to settle. If she wanted money she would have tried to settle from the beginning, don't you think so?.

Pacote

Oct 25, 2017
São Paulo
But she did not wanted to settle, she wanted to drop the video from the beginning as revenge and her lawyer convinced her to not to, so they could try to settle. If she wanted money she would have tried to settle from the beginning, don't you think so?.
Sure, and the lawyer said to her that getting her money would a better and faster way to resolve all of this.

The Lawyer works for HER, she could simple said NO and go get a new Lawyer, which she only when they fired her (and the fail to settle)

If we were to assume shes 100% honest on the interview, sure... I just cant assume that based on that highly coached appearance. But thats just my own opinion based on the evidences that were shown.

Marossi

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Sure, and the lawyer said to her that getting her money would a better and faster way to resolve all of this.

The Lawyer works for HER, she could simple said NO and go get a new Lawyer, which she only when they fired her (and the fail to settle)

If we were to assume shes 100% honest on the interview, sure... I just cant assume that based on that highly coached appearance. But thats just my own opinion based on the evidences that were shown.
I'm not basing this on her interview, I'm basing this on what her ex-lawyer said (https://g1.globo.com/sp/sao-paulo/n...a-havia-relatado-agressao-e-nao-estupro.ghtml)

Her lawyer tried to convince her to not do anything drastic so they could try to settle. After things not working and the lawyer kept insisting on settling, she called him out for his ethics and he decided to abandon the case.

Does this looks like a woman who is interested in money?

Pacote

Oct 25, 2017
São Paulo
I'm not basing this on her interview, I'm basing this on what her ex-lawyer said (https://g1.globo.com/sp/sao-paulo/n...a-havia-relatado-agressao-e-nao-estupro.ghtml)

Her lawyer tried to convince her to not do anything drastic so they could try to settle. After things not working and the lawyer kept insisting on settling, she called him out for his ethics and he decided to abandon the case.

Still, the conversation took place after they failed to settle. So seeing that this would take a long time, she went the police route. She still can sue him in the civil court for money down the line. So I dont agree that money is 100% out.

ZattMurdock

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Earth 616

She also reaffirms in this interview that she did on her new lawyer's office yesterday that she never asked for her ex-lawyer to seek a private settlement:

It's important to notice the context of that chat she shared with her lawyer: it's basically she saying that she wanted to go public with the situation, and the lawyer justifying why he tried a private settlement, his words on that text chat: "That's why I tried to make a private settlement", after saying that these things take time.

The woman also expresses being emotionally distressed and clearly not wanting to go through the rape subject all over again, after just been interviewed by Cabrini, the SBT reporter. She also says that she's facing threats from powerful people and lawyers.

Last edited:

Fiocca

Banned
Feb 1, 2019
As someone that had a GF that used to hit me, tell others i beat her, told me she was pregnant with my baby and sent a scan when she wasn't and threatened to call the police to tell them i raped her, in my opinion after seeing that vid, i don't think he did it. That video of her hitting him took me straight back to 10 years ago and makes me feel like i was watching myself in it.

Could always be wrong and i hate the bloke but still.

Fantomex

Oct 25, 2017

That's one of the biggest down sides to going public with something like this is. The case is won or lost before it goes to trial just on public opinion alone. Ronaldos accuser went about it strategically sounds IMO, this woman wasn't given good advice. I feel bad for her, especially if this really happened to her.

ZattMurdock

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Earth 616
Segundo encontro foi montado para produzir provas

O primeiro encontro de Neymar e Najila ocorreu em 15 de maio, dia em que o atleta teria cometido o estupro. Segundo a modelo, Neymar teve um comportamento distinto em relação ao das mensagens trocadas anteriormente. O advogado ouviu da cliente que o atacante falou pouco e foi violento assim que entrou no quarto.

"Ele falou que passaria para dar um beijo. Ela pediu dez minutos para tomar banho. Neymar chegou e ela estava de robe. Quando ele entrou, parecia alterado. Pegou no braço de forma brusca e a jogou na cama", explicou Garcia de Andrade.
O advogado diz Najila afirmou que a relação seria consensual, mas passou a não ser quando ela pediu para Neymar parar. Como não foi atendida, o caso virou estupro na avaliação de Garcia de Andrade.

"Ela afirma que houve o estupro a partir do momento em que ela não consentiu a relação pelo não-uso do preservativo. Ela levou mil euros dela (a Paris), não recebeu recompensa por serviço sexual. Era uma relação consentida de uma mulher livre", ressaltou.

Ainda de acordo com o advogado, Najila tentou produzir provas no dia seguinte. Por isso, manteve a troca de mensagens com Neymar normalmente. "O segundo encontro, o que ela me disse, é que precisava de uma prova que aquele tapa era do Neymar. Então ela atraiu o Neymar novamente para o quarto e gravou aquela situação."

Vazamento de fotos também é investigado

A exposição de fotos íntimas por parte de Neymar também será investigada pela polícia. O trabalho é concentrado na Delegacia de Repressão aos Crimes de Informática (DRCI), no Rio de Janeiro. Será lá que Neymar prestará depoimento amanhã.

Pablo Sartori, delegado titular do DRCI, considera a questão simples de ser resolvida pelo fato não apresentar grande complexidade e pelo jogador ser uma pessoa pública. Sua ideia é remeter o inquérito para o promotor que cuidará da matéria sem pedir prorrogação de tempo prevista em lei.

"Eu entendo que o Neymar e os advogados dele tenham traçado uma estratégia de se defender expondo tudo, mas não se pode cometer um crime para se safar de outro", disse o advogado de Najila.

Na última segunda-feira (3), o pai de Neymar afirmou que não "tinha escolha e preferia um crime de internet a de estupro". Para Danilo, a declaração é uma confissão. "Acredito que isso tenha de ser apurado. O pai dele mesmo reconhece que é um crime. A justiça precisa apurar", ressaltou.

What her lawyer said in the press conference that was held at his office yesterday:

"He said that he would meet her to give her a kiss" (he supposedly was or was still going to a party, you can see that on the chat message that Neymar shared). She asked ten minutes to take a bath. Neymar came by and she was with a bathrobe. When he came in, he seemed drunk or under the influence of something. He took her by the arm abruptly and throw her on the bed", explains Garcia de Andrade, the new lawyer. The lawyer says Najila affirmed that the sex would be consensual, but stopped being consensual once she asked Neymar to stop. Since he didn't comply, it turned into rape, weighs the new lawyer.

"She affirms that the rape happened at the moment she didn't consent to sex without condoms. She went to Paris with 1000 Euros on her, she didn't receive compensation as a sex worker. It was a consensual relationship of a single woman" - (until it wasn't).

According with the lawyer, Najila tried to produce evidence in the day afterwards. That's why she kept messaging Neymar normally. "The second date, she told me, she needed proof that those slaps were done by Neymar. Then she persuaded him to come back to her hotel bedroom and recorded that altercation".

Also important, for those still defending Neymar about him exposing the woman's body, name and face on his Instagram account:

Pablo Sartori, the chief police officer responsible to investigate Neymar's case over the Instagram post, says that it's a situation pretty cut and dry and without complexity due to the player being famous. He will send his conclusions to the D.A.

"I understand that Neymar and his lawyers had a strategy of defending him by exposing everything, but you don't do a crime to get away with other", said Najila's lawyer. Her lawyer remembers that Neymar's father himself recognized that it was a crime when he said that Neymar had "no choice and he'd take an internet crime over a rape accusation".

ZattMurdock

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Earth 616
That's one of the biggest down sides to going public with something like this is. The case is won or lost before it goes to trial just on public opinion alone. Ronaldos accuser went about it strategically sounds IMO, this woman wasn't given good advice. I feel bad for her, especially if this really happened to her.
Her first lawyer fucked her over, true. But I do think this woman is indeed doing everything right at this point, giving the situation she is in. Brazil is a very misogynistic country and if anything, the way people try to constantly try to discredit her and turn her into a villain makes me think she is actually very fucking brave.

Status
Not open for further replies.