• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

chuckddd

Oct 25, 2017
This will be an interesting draft for the Steelers.

The only true open hole in the starting 22 is the massive void left by Ryan Shazier. While this has led many pundits to thinking Pittsburgh will make a play for Alabama linebacker, Rashaan Evans, I believe he is more suited to play the strong side inside linebacker and not the weak side. He wouldn't be the playmaker or coverage man like Ryan. Evans would be an upgrade at the other interior spot, so if the Steelers take him, don't be surprised if they draft another backer. The depth of the entire class is pretty good, so this is a distinct possibility. They can also wait to fill the need until the second day, but an inside backer or two will be drafted.

The other position that's garnering a lot of interest for the Steelers is safety. Frankly, the starters seem pretty set with Sean Davis and newly signed Morgan Burnett. There is not a lot of quality depth on the roster. If the Steelers draft a safety in the first, I would think the idea is to play a lot of "big" nickel and dime defense with Burnett rolled up to the line as a linebacker. He did this a lot in Green Bay. Again, the depth at safety in this class is good and Pittsburgh could wait until the second day to pull the trigger on one.

The Steelers could use some depth at almost every position on the roster and could also be sniffing around for Ben Roethlisberger's and Le'Veon Bell's replacements.

The top of the draft may ultimately end up shaping the defense, but the rest of the draft is always important. Should be fun!

ccbfan

Oct 25, 2017
With the current landscape for in the NFL, taking Barley with a top pick is stupid.

You're basically over paying for a running back in the best case scenario. He would instantly be the 2nd highest paid Running back.

Especially in this years draft with all the quarterback. When even mediocre QBs are getting 20+ mil a season, being able to wrap up a QB for 4 years under 10 mill is huge.

Oct 27, 2017

The only true open hole in the starting 22 is the massive void left by Ryan Shazier. While this has led many pundits to thinking Pittsburgh will make a play for Alabama linebacker, Rashaan Evans, I believe he is more suited to play the strong side inside linebacker and not the weak side. He wouldn't be the playmaker or coverage man like Ryan. Evans would be an upgrade at the other interior spot, so if the Steelers take him, don't be surprised if they draft another backer. The depth of the entire class is pretty good, so this is a distinct possibility. They can also wait to fill the need until the second day, but an inside backer or two will be drafted.

The other position that's garnering a lot of interest for the Steelers is safety. Frankly, the starters seem pretty set with Sean Davis and newly signed Morgan Burnett. There is not a lot of quality depth on the roster. If the Steelers draft a safety in the first, I would think the idea is to play a lot of "big" nickel and dime defense with Burnett rolled up to the line as a linebacker. He did this a lot in Green Bay. Again, the depth at safety in this class is good and Pittsburgh could wait until the second day to pull the trigger on one.

The Steelers could use some depth at almost every position on the roster and could also be sniffing around for Ben Roethlisberger's and Le'Veon Bell's replacements.

The top of the draft may ultimately end up shaping the defense, but the rest of the draft is always important. Should be fun!

We badly need a S and ILB. If BPA is one of those positions then great. But Ben is getting long in the tooth so I wouldn't be mad at Chase Litton getting picked. I think we always can use OL depth and Billy Price can play OG and C. I don't like RB in round 1 not when Conner looked good in limited time and we still have Bell. RB can be had later. I like Jesse James and think he gets a bad wrap. But if Gesicki is still on the board he'd be hard to pass up. He could be the best TE we've ever drafted. I expect NE to draft him though. We really can just go BPA and that's usually when we draft well. When we force need picks, it sometimes goes astray i.e. Jarvis Jones

ccbfan

Oct 25, 2017
When the Pats trade up to 10 and taken Josh Rosen, this forum is going to be glorious.

NinjaScooter

Oct 25, 2017
With the current landscape for in the NFL, taking Barley with a top pick is stupid.

You're basically over paying for a running back in the best case scenario. He would instantly be the 2nd highest paid Running back.

Especially in this years draft with all the quarterback. When even mediocre QBs are getting 20+ mil a season, being able to wrap up a QB for 4 years under 10 mill is huge.

I think it's an especially bad move for a team like Cleveland. Like if you are a solid team that is a couple pieces away and can splurge on Barkley, go for it. But what is a horrible team/organization going to do with a RB? By the time (and with Cleveland this is being generous) you are good you will have wasted 2-3 years of a running back's prime.

Hindl

Oct 25, 2017
If the Eagles have a 2nd round pick, David Akers is the guy who will announce. So not exactly the most high energy guy

DMVfan123

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Virginia
Is Minkah Fitzpatrick the next Alabama DB washout? Is he different?
The skepticism when it comes to Fitzpatrick is that he doesn't really have a position nailed down
He can play all positions in the secondary as far as I'm concerned, and that makes him more appealing to me
IMO, he's a top 5 talent in this draft

Skinny Pete

Nov 2, 2017

I would love that LB from Boise St but his stock seems to be going pretty high. Lot's of ways they can go though.

NinjaScooter

Oct 25, 2017

full

Dutch

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
Jaire Alexander wins with best walk-up song.

What song would you guys use as your walk-up song?

Muditā

Apr 21, 2018
Whatever happens, I just want the Bills to get shafted out of a good QB this draft after the past few seasons with Tyrod. /r/buffalobills was so toxic last season they need to be humbled.