• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Deleted member 12224

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
If the Giants draft Barkley let's just declare June 10th the official Giants Day because they'll be going 6-10 for the next 5 years.

Webb handing off to Barkley sounds worse than Ponder to Peterson
Lmao... fuck.

Also wish I had a cocktail to pound right now.

I'm not mentally prepared for this regime drafting a running back at #2. I'm not able to mentally accept this outcome. I'm in for a world of pain tonight.

Oneiros

Oct 27, 2017

Over/Under
5.5 QB's taken in the first round Under
11.5 Josh Allen's draft position Under
6.5 Baker Mayfield's draft position Under
17.5 Lamar Jackson's draft position Over
1.5 RB's taken in the first round Over
3.5 Bama players taken in the first round Over
3.5 Trades in the first round Over

nilbog

Oct 25, 2017
Merry Draftmas, Miklo!

full.gif

Skinny Pete

Nov 2, 2017
I'll do this in honor of Mike Francessa coming back

Ovah/Undah
5.5 QB's taken in the first round - Undah
11.5 Josh Allen's draft position - Undah
6.5 Baker Mayfield's draft position - Undah
17.5 Lamar Jackson's draft position - Ovah
1.5 RB's taken in the first round - Ovah
3.5 Bama players taken in the first round - Undah
3.5 Trades in the first round - Undah

Bonus question
Who will be a surprise first round selection? No idea

Violence Jack

Drive-in Mutant
Oct 25, 2017

Over/Under
5.5 QB's taken in the first round - Over
11.5 Josh Allen's draft position - Under
6.5 Baker Mayfield's draft position - Under
17.5 Lamar Jackson's draft position - Under
1.5 RB's taken in the first round - Over
3.5 Bama players taken in the first round - Under
3.5 Trades in the first round - Over

Bonus question
Who will be a surprise first round selection? - Shaq Griffin from UCF.

ccbfan

Oct 25, 2017
I really don't get the Giants not drafting a QB. Take the risk and try to get a stud rookie QB on a rookie contract for 5 years. There will be plenty of great RBs in the second round and third rounds.

Yeah I really just don't get it either.

Why waste a high draft pick to overpay a running back. When succeeding on a quarterback will set your franchise up for over a decade and on the cheap the first few years. You have to really believe in Eli (Which honestly I think is done)

Euron

Oct 27, 2017
Lmao... fuck.

Also wish I had a cocktail to pound right now.

I'm not mentally prepared for this regime drafting a running back at #2. I'm not able to mentally accept this outcome. I'm in for a world of pain tonight.
Ya but don't you know that Eli has 6 more years and hasn't changed at all since 2011???

What's going to be great is Gettleman being known as the guy who handed the god damn Jets of all teams a franchise QB out of some deluded belief that a 3-13 team with a 37 year old QB is one running back away from contention.

Blindy

Nov 16, 2017
I'll do this in honor of Mike Francessa coming back

Ovah/Undah
5.5 QB's taken in the first round - Undah
11.5 Josh Allen's draft position - Undah
6.5 Baker Mayfield's draft position - Undah
17.5 Lamar Jackson's draft position - Ovah
1.5 RB's taken in the first round - Ovah
3.5 Bama players taken in the first round - Undah
3.5 Trades in the first round - Undah

Bonus question
Who will be a surprise first round selection? No idea
New Yawk's Numba One.

Striker

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah I really just don't get it either.

Why waste a high draft pick to overpay a running back. When succeeding on a quarterback will set your franchise up for over a decade and on the cheap the first few years. You have to really believe in Eli (Which honestly I think is done)
Talent wise I don't think he's done at all. What's to be concerned about is the 2011-2017 OL's that Jerry Reese and Co kept marching out there so he was constantly battered. He's had a severe case of happy feet the past two years. That's a problem to overcome, Barkley or no Barkley.

Crumb

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Over/Under

1.5 QBs taken in first round by Miami
32.5 teams that will regret not taking Josh Allen in the 1st round
2.5 Tight ends taken by Detroit that will be classified by Kas as wide receivers
2.5 DeShaun Watson posts from Mech
3.5 People successfully baited by Adarn Schefter tweets
15.5 Wings consumed by Greg
.5 Super bowls won by starting QB Carson Wence as of today

Deleted member 12224

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Ya but don't you know that Eli has 6 more years and hasn't changed at all since 2011???

What's going to be great is Gettleman being known as the guy who handed the god damn Jets of all teams a franchise QB out of some deluded belief that a 3-13 team with a 37 year old QB is one running back away from contention.
Barkley could win the damn OROY and make three straight Pro Bowls to start his career. If we give our former tenants their first franchise QB since the moon landing for a running back, we will get criticized on a daily basis by the Post and the returning Pope and the fan base writ large for a decade. If Eli's under center to start the 2020 season, he's either about to make an Al Jazeera reporter go missing like his Big Brother for the HGH shipments he's been receiving or we've royally fucked up our succession plan.

I'm still delighted at how right I was when I pointed out how bad a mistake it was for the Cowboys to pass on Jalen Ramsey for Ezekiel Elliott. All Pro DBs don't grow on trees.

DMVfan123

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Virginia
Over/Under
5.5 QB's taken in the first round-Under
11.5 Josh Allen's draft position-Under
6.5 Baker Mayfield's draft position-Over
17.5 Lamar Jackson's draft position-Over
1.5 RB's taken in the first round-Under
3.5 Bama players taken in the first round-Under
3.5 Trades in the first round-Over

Bonus question
Who will be a surprise first round selection?
Josh Sweat

nilbog

Oct 25, 2017
NFLERA prop bets:

Over/Under
5.5 QB's taken in the first round
11.5 Josh Allen's draft position
6.5 Baker Mayfield's draft position
17.5 Lamar Jackson's draft position
1.5 RB's taken in the first round
3.5 Bama players taken in the first round
3.5 Trades in the first round

Bonus question

Under
Under
Under
Over
Over
Under
Under

Answer:

SeparateFeistyIberianchiffchaff-max-1mb.gif

Real Answer: Frank Ragnow, C, Arkansas

Panic Freak

Oct 26, 2017
Over/Under
17.5 Lamar Jackson's draft position Under
3.5 Bama players taken in the first round Under

First round surprise:

Sony Michel

Violence Jack

Drive-in Mutant
Oct 25, 2017
I'm not a Giants fan, but if the QBs being talked about as top picks aren't necessarily seen as being great, but the other positions of need are, then I wouldn't fault them for passing on a QB this season. Before I trot any QB out, I'd want to put a good offensive line and runningback with them, which is something the Giants are in much greater need of than a QB at this point.

Then again, I'm of the mindset that you take the best player available.

Emergency & I

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
5.5 QB's taken in the first round - U
11.5 Josh Allen's draft position - U
6.5 Baker Mayfield's draft position - U
17.5 Lamar Jackson's draft position - U
1.5 RB's taken in the first round - U
3.5 Bama players taken in the first round - U
3.5 Trades in the first round - U

Bonus question
Who will be a surprise first round selection? Tyrell Crosby

Euron

Oct 27, 2017
Barkley could win the damn OROY and make three straight Pro Bowls to start his career. If we give our former tenants their first franchise QB since the moon landing for a running back, we will get criticized on a daily basis by the Post and the returning Pope and the fan base writ large for a decade. If Eli's under center to start the 2020 season, he's either about to make an Al Jazeera reporter go missing like his Big Brother for the HGH shipments he's been receiving or we've royally fucked up our succession plan.

I'm still delighted at how right I was when I pointed out how bad a mistake it was for the Cowboys to pass on Jalen Ramsey for Ezekiel Elliott. All Pro DBs don't grow on trees.
He could break the single season rushing record and it wouldn't matter. If we give the Jets a QB that brings them a title and we don't get a single championship, we are the losers no matter how great Barkley is.

Kill3r7

Oct 25, 2017
I'm not a Giants fan, but if the QBs being talked about as top picks aren't necessarily seen as being great, but the other positions of need are, then I wouldn't fault them for passing on a QB this season. Before I trot any QB out, I'd want to put a good offensive line and runningback with them, which is something the Giants are in much greater need of than a QB at this point.

Then again, I'm of the mindset that you take the best player in the draft that's available at that point.

If we are passing on a QB then we need to move down. There aren't any highly rated DE's or Tackles in this draft. So just move down and let others roll the dice. A RB is not worth a Top5 even if he is a surefire HOF.

Sketchsanchez

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I really want Mayfield but if the browns draft him I'm cool with Rosen or darnold.

Just please nyjets, for the love of God, don't draft Allen

tjac

Oct 25, 2017
Over/Under

1.5 QBs taken in first round by Miami
32.5 teams that will regret not taking Josh Allen in the 1st round
2.5 Tight ends taken by Detroit that will be classified by Kas as wide receivers
2.5 DeShaun Watson posts from Mech
3.5 People successfully baited by Adarn Schefter tweets
15.5 Wings consumed by Greg
over

Violence Jack

Drive-in Mutant
Oct 25, 2017
If we are passing on a QB then we need to move down. There aren't any highly rated DE's or Tackles in this draft. So just move down and let others roll the dice. A RB is not worth a Top5 even if he is a surefire HOF.

Dude, have you been following the hype around Bradley Chubb? He's been predicted to go as a top-5 pick for months, and some say maybe the best player in the draft this year.

B.O.O.M.

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah it's a fool's errand to try and guess the actual picks, since they could trade back *again* with whatever they get, but it at least gives you an idea of the sort of return they could get.

AFAIK, the draft value chart they use is slightly different/newer than the Jimmy Johnson chart, which the tweet is using, but it shouldn't be that far off.

I see, I'll keep an eye out for that then. Hope this draft goes better than the last one...should impose an ATV ban for all rooks.

Also Pete's hints are hilarious. He is probably just randomly thinking up words to put out there

Panic Freak

Oct 26, 2017

At any position outside of Kicker/Punter, a surefire Hall of Famer is ALWAYS worth a top 5 pick.

Panic Freak

Oct 26, 2017
Nobody is a surefire hall of famer. Reggie Bush was a better prospect than Barkley and look at his career now.

I know that. But in the hypothetical situation where there was a surefire hall of famer at running back available, he is worth a top five pick. I didn't choose the rules of the conversation. I was just responding to some insane shit.

Deleted member 12224

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Nobody is a surefire hall of famer. Reggie Bush was a better prospect than Barkley and look at his career now.
Listening to Greg Cosell, whom I trust immensely, this morning on Barkley. The negatives that stood out to him on tape made Barkley sound an awful lot like Reggie Bush, NFL Player as a prospect.
- Runs to daylight
- Power comes from body, not from running style (i.e. strong player but doesn't run strong; reduces own potential strength based on running style)
- Runs more like a scat back

Maybe he's Lesean McCoy, and that'd be a fantastic career. At our pick in this draft with our needs? Fuck outta here.

AtomLung

Oct 25, 2017
I am excited to know who the eagles get, but I will never understand it's value as a spectator event.

Kill3r7

Oct 25, 2017
At any position outside of Kicker/Punter, a surefire Hall of Famer is ALWAYS worth a top 5 pick.

You can get comparable production from a good RB. Prime AP would not solve the Giants long term problems, nor make them a SB contender. The order of value for about a decade now has been QB/Tackle/Edge Rusher/CB and the rest.

Oct 25, 2017
NFLERA prop bets:

Over/Under
5.5 QB's taken in the first round: Under
11.5 Josh Allen's draft position: Under
6.5 Baker Mayfield's draft position: Under
17.5 Lamar Jackson's draft position: Over
1.5 RB's taken in the first round: Over
3.5 Bama players taken in the first round: Under
3.5 Trades in the first round: Over

Bonus question
Nick Chubb

Baji Boxer

Chicken Chaser
Oct 27, 2017
Over/Under
17.5 Lamar Jackson's draft position Under
3.5 Bama players taken in the first round Under

Violence Jack

Drive-in Mutant
Oct 25, 2017
I'm hoping Guice will be there for the Seahawks. We need another Marshawn Lynch type of runner.