• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Temp_User

Oct 30, 2017
Can't be too mad about SB53 being Punt Bowl. At least the Pats won. The defense showed up for both teams.

Blitzrules240

Self requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Midwest
Defensively impressive
Offensively anemic

Sure a 3-3 game going into the 4th quarter is impressive but on the biggest stage it's a bore fest for the casual fan to most hardcore. Congrats to the Patriots, you are a #blessed franchise. We'll probably never see a duo like Belichick and Brady again.

Soneji

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Saints fans are legit the worst in sports and all can suck a fat one

NinjaScooter We went back and forth during the game but Gurley said he was healthy yet McVay didn't play him....interesting
This is why Saints-Pats would have been an amusing bloodbath, two of the top three worst/most rabid fanbases in the NFL at each other's throat arguing over who are the worst cheats/more dirty(individually, it's Gronk 100%). It would have been amazing until one eventually had to win because fuck both, let the SB end in a tie no one wins.

For the record, if the Pats had lost off that kind of no call there would have been even more controversy about it, potentially an actual reversal of the game's result. Instead they get to go to the SB off a phantom roughing the passer, getting the lucky coin toss their way and shit OT rules. Them making fun of the Saints fans is just the definition of shitting on someone off the high horse you were helped up onto.

RedBlue

Oct 27, 2017
Queens, NY
This never gets old.

Everyone in Dunkin looks like shit. Barely holding in my guts.

I feel like shit this morning, and I didn't drink last night. Could have something to do with waking up at 3 am cleaning my house all day, I do this to take my mind off the game, being stressed throughout the game, does anyone else get stressed about the game? Then staying up to midnight watching interviews and stuff. Then I got up at like 5 this morning.

Tom Penny

Oct 26, 2017
Question as I guess I'll never have this perspective, but does it even feel that good to win SBs anymore as a Pats fan? Like for most cities it's something that very rarely happens or hasn't happened at all, but when its a yearly occurrence does it feel the same?
Of course it feel good. The Boston area hasn't won a title since last Oct. The long waits are excruciating and I don't wish it upon anyone else.

Heromanz

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Honest question coming from a casual NFL fan: why does every goddamn time Roger Goodell steps in front of a crowd he gets deafening boos? I just saw a video from the stands when Goodell stepped into the stage to give the trophy and it was incredible the whole stadium booing. I know some people have some issues but why is he this hated? In the NFL Draft also everytine he came back to the mic all you could hear were boos.

What the hell?
No one likes him. Patriot fans especially don't like him.

MechaX

Oct 27, 2017
Oh, now we're at the phase where people are trying to legit defend that first half where, no matter how impressive the D might have been, legit had a several moments where Brady looked like he was trying to throw the game, or Goff being Goff

I totally get praising the defense, but in no way was that game a good one all around

dred

Oct 27, 2017
Brady is so shit. The longer his career goes on the more I wonder if he'd have a single ring without Belichick. Dude is truly the greatest coach of all time, unbelievable defensive effort by the Pats throughout the playoffs.

I hope Flores isn't trash in Miami but my gut tells me he won't amount to much without Bill, just like most of the other apples from the BB tree.

Blitzrules240

Self requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Midwest
Brady is so shit. The longer his career goes on the more I wonder if he'd have a single ring without Belichick. Dude is truly the greatest coach of all time, unbelievable defensive effort by the Pats throughout the playoffs.

I hope Flores isn't trash in Miami but my gut tells me he won't amount to much without Bill, just like most of the other apples from the BB tree.
Seriously all these posts about Brady and everyone is completely discrediting Belichick. They'll never be another Bill Belichick. He has proven his system works without Brady but they are at their highest potential with him.

ClickyCal'

Oct 25, 2017

Belichick is totally the reason they came back from 28-3.

Tom Penny

Oct 26, 2017
Did the Rams cut Goff yet
GilmorePick.gif

dred

Oct 27, 2017
Belichick is totally the reason they came back from 28-3.
Why had they only scored 3 points up to that point in the game?

The Falcons collapsed and the Pats offensive system is incredibly well designed. Edelman is open every play, the o-line is always good, they somehow generate a running attack no matter who the RBs are, etc. Brady isn't asked to do anything difficult.

Oct 25, 2017
Question as I guess I'll never have this perspective, but does it even feel that good to win SBs anymore as a Pats fan? Like for most cities it's something that very rarely happens or hasn't happened at all, but when its a yearly occurrence does it feel the same?

Yes it feels great every time and the hate is actually increasing my enjoyment.

Did anyone already mention this? Pats fans are the worst

Nah Brady/Pats haters are the worst.

Danthrax

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
Northeast Ohio
The Browns have the 13th best odds of winning the Super Bowl next year, and I'm somehow disappointed that number isn't better

Don't know if anyone answered this, but yes. 100%. And he earned it, really. He was critical to helping them win some of those games mid season.

I just thought he was basically out of the league so he wouldn't get a ring

I'm not questioning the things he did during the season

Deleted member 22750

Oct 28, 2017
I can't believe they won 6 in less than 20 years and 5 in the last 12? or even less.

And my Steelers are now tied for first.

I totally expect this to continue. I mean seriously, they just keep winning. Their division puts them into the playoffs every year. As long as they get a first round bye you should just expect a championship at this point.

The divisions need fixed.

Hindl

Oct 25, 2017
The craziest thing about that game is it was a defensive gameplan I could've came up with. If you asked me how to stop the Rams, I would've said sell out to stop the run and change coverages right before the snap so McVay can't talk to Goff. Make Goff read the field and beat you. But I would expect a counterpunch where McVay would do something to change it up, and then the real chess match begins. But Belichick didn't have to change at all. This was like the 4th quarter of the Falcons SB-tier playcalling, except for an entire game

I was waiting for Goff to make that throw all game. Every game he consistently gets pressured, he eventually makes one of these floater prayer balls that are begging to be picked off
Let's just all agree: We're all fucked till Brady & Belichick retire.
Speak for yourself

dred

Oct 27, 2017
Their division puts them into the playoffs every year. As long as they get a first round bye you should just expect a championship at this point.

Everyone always says this shit but where is the rest of the league? Where were the Chargers, Chiefs, and Rams? The Pats would have close to the same record no matter what division they played in.

Tom Penny

Oct 26, 2017
I can't believe they won 6 in less than 20 years and 5 in the last 12? or even less.

I totally expect this to continue. I mean seriously, they just keep winning. Their division puts them into the playoffs every year. As long as they get a first round bye you should just expect a championship at this point.

Next year gunna be the Jets, Phins or Bills year.

Deleted member 22750

Oct 28, 2017
Everyone always says this shit but where is the rest of the league? Where were the Chargers, Chiefs, and Rams? The Pats would have close to the same record no matter what division they played in.

I don't agree.

The dolphins bills and jets have been an integral part in this.

You can't look past the road to getting a bye being easier for the patriots.

Omnistalgic

self-requested temp ban
Oct 27, 2017
NJ
Congratulations Patriots! Fuck Trump!

Low scoring game, who would'a thunk. Somewhat boring game, though I am a fan of defense, so I'm not overly disappointed. Gilmore played lights out, though happy for him the Edelman being a Hall of Famer narrative is annoying. Personally, Dont'a Hightower or Gilmore would have been my MVP.

And to those stating that Brady played a terrible game, he played well enough, especially in the 4th quarter and especially during that TD drive. Brady was also pressured most of the game, and couldn't step into many of his throws. The Rams D-line played their ass off, especially against the run, until the 4th quarter that is, they ran out of gas.
Yeah honestly if Pats didn't win, you would see a bunch of praise of defense and "ol school smash-mouth football". The game was boring, but it wasn't the most boring thing we've ever seen. In fact it was surprising seeing a stalemate between them for much of the game. Pats definitely left a TD/FG on the field tho, the score doesn't reflect the performance. Wasn't a blowout but almost a shutout cuz that Pat D was incredible and so was the Rams.

Starting to believe the rumors about cooks not showing up when it counts tho. He was out last year early against the eagles in a shootout game. Now he comes up with dropped balls when he had a chance to tie the game.

Congrats to Pats, KC coming for you us next year.

Heromanz

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Aren't the Steelers in the same division as the bungles and the browns? And a Raven that hasn't been shit since 7 years ago?