• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Omnistalgic

self-requested temp ban
Oct 27, 2017
NJ
Are you kidding me lol. Cooks was the only offensive player who showed up on the Rams last night. It's not his fault Goff threw a late wobbler when Cooks was wide open for 4 whole seconds with 25 yards of green. It's not his fault that Goff underthrew a corner route and threw before Cooks had even broken on his route. It's also not his fault that Gilmore got away with obvious PI and still almost pulled that one catch down.

If the Rams won Cooks was getting MVP by 10 miles over anybody else. Dude showed up. And you can't blame him for getting concussed when Jenkins laid him out last super bowl, dude's like 180 pounds and got knocked into next week. You can't just play through a concussion, the league doesn't even allow it anymore.
hey man I like cooks and said WTH when he was traded and doubly so with the Gordon stuff. Pats need a good WR again especially with Gronk leaving.

Cooks just seems to come up with really bad breaks. I think Pats would've beat the Eagles with him in their just like I think they would've beat the Giants the second time if Gronk was healthy.

I know he's really talented...

Intraxidance

Oct 25, 2017
It gets boring seeing the Patriots there pretty much every year. I felt the same way about the bulls in the 90s and more recently the Warriors.

I don't see how you could hate on pre KD warriors. A team that was built from the ground up to absolutely destroy the NBA. But once they brought in the second best player in the league it became a clown show.

Lunchbox-

Nov 2, 2017
bEast Coast
The nfc is far superior to the afc at this moment and for the last 6 or so years. I thought it was common knowledge.

Rams being a joke........doesn't really change that.
last 6 years? ok, here's last six years. Red afc, blue nfc, winners on the left

nfc is the conference of losers

7qbxNk5.jpg

Hindl

Oct 25, 2017
hey man I like cooks and said WTH when he was traded and doubly so with the Gordon stuff. Pats need a good WR again especially with Gronk leaving.

Cooks just seems to come up with really bad breaks. I think Pats would've beat the Eagles with him in their just like I think they would've beat the Giants the second time if Gronk was healthy.

I know he's really talented...
3 Pats receivers had over 100 yards and Brady threw for 500. Another receiver wouldn't have made the difference there, even one like Cooks. Malcolm Butler would've mattered more than him

Deleted member 22750

Oct 28, 2017
last 6 years? ok, here's last six years. Red afc, blue nfc, winners on the left

7qbxNk5.jpg

Never said the top team in the afc was worse than the top team in the nfc. I never made that argument.

Here is an explanation:
When you look at divisions and competition and quality of teams......The nfc is the superior conference. Do you really believe Patriots and Steelers are that good? Or do you acknowledge their gift of being in weaker divisions and their auto handicap in the beginning of the season.

Collective NFC vs AFC

Not top team vs top team and super bowl records.

And I do think the gap was worse a few years ago than it was this season.

Clear

Oct 25, 2017
Connecticut
I actually enjoyed the defensive battle last night. It made the big plays that more exciting because they were not a dime a dozen. Rams defense must be pissed because they put on a hell of a show and have nothing to show for it.

Oct 27, 2017
Never said the top team in the afc was worse than the top team in the nfc. I never made that argument.

Here is an explanation:
When you look at divisions and competition and quality of teams......The nfc is the superior conference.

I was just having a conversation with someone about the patriots and Steelers. Do you really believe they are that good? Or do you acknowledge their gift of being in weaker divisions and their auto handicap in the beginning of the season.

Collective NFC vs AFC
Collectively the AFC won more head-to-head matchups with the NFC. What are you even arguing?

Pockets

Oct 27, 2017
Being an Eagles fan still feels pretty pretty good today now that the season is complete.

BTW , Foles is still the last QB to throw a TD in the Super Bowl.

Hehehehe.

Last edited:

Lunchbox-

Nov 2, 2017
bEast Coast

Here is an explanation:
When you look at divisions and competition and quality of teams......The nfc is the superior conference.

I was just having a conversation with someone about the patriots and Steelers. Do you really believe they are that good? Or do you acknowledge their gift of being in weaker divisions and their auto handicap in the beginning of the season.

Collective NFC vs AFC

Not top team vs top team and super bowl records.

Get it?

And I do think the gap was worse a few years ago than it was this season.
the browns could beat any nfc team

and the afc has a better record in the league

Deleted member 22750

Oct 28, 2017
the browns could beat any nfc team

and the afc has a better record in the league

This season the browns were good. And trending towards a divisional title and playoffs in the future.

But
It's been pretty much agreed upon outside of you and a few others that the nfc has been the better conference. More competition. Better divisions. Slightly better teams.

The afc has taken a turn upwards. The afc south is now good. It was abysmal. The afc north now has the browns and ravens improving and showing they could be good for years. The patriots division is still a joke. The afc west is the strongest division in the afc without question. Afc north might be next season.

Lunchbox-

Nov 2, 2017
bEast Coast
What is your argument? Like those team we're fantastic.
none of those teams would've made the super bowl in the afc

The barrier to entry into the super bowl is significantly higher in the afc. case in point, this year's chiefs, andrew lucks career, jags last year, philip rivers and LT never playing a super bowl, steelers only making it the years they avoid us

anyone can get a fluke play and walk in on the nfc side

Heromanz

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
none of those teams would've made the super bowl in the afc

The barrier to entry into the super bowl is significantly higher in the afc. case in point, this year's chiefs, andrew lucks career, jags last year, philip rivers and LT never playing a super bowl, steelers only making it the years they avoid us

anyone can get a fluke play and walk in on the nfc side
They probably would have liked the Falcons were really good that year. like this whole AFC vs NFC thing is dumb because they're both good and they're both bad.

Striker

Oct 25, 2017
ask peyton manning who played jokes like the Texans, Titans and Jags all his life to walk into the playoffs every year

then got booted in the first playoff game
Titans were a legitimate contender in those Peyton years. Made the Super Bowl on top of it.

Not Peyton's fault the Titans picked Vince Young #3 overall.

Nemesis121

Nov 3, 2017
With 13 Points scored NE broken the previous lowest points scored by a SB winner, Miami(14points) held that record since SB 7(1973)...i see all the praise for Brady yet Bill's defense held the second best scoring offense to 3 points....I got nothing against Brady but this victory was all Bill's defense..

Maxim726x

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
He gets it out quickly because Edelman, James White, etc. create instant separation due to scheme and quickness. The entire offense is designed to operate this way, he's just taking the easy pass that's right in front of him every play.

If you guys are seriously watching Tom Brady at this stage in his career and convincing yourselves that anything he's doing is actually impressive compared to at least 5-10 other QBs in the NFL you're delusional.

The guy threw for 500 yards just last year...

He does what the game plan requires of him. And he wins.

Striker

Oct 25, 2017
Suh smoking that Josh Gordon hash

Even though Julian Edelman was the game's MVP and finished with 10 catches on 12 targets for 141 yards, Suh claimed the Rams "eliminated" him.

"He's an elite player, plays hard, found some holes in our defense in the first half and pretty much the third quarter," Suh said. "In my opinion, just thinking back, we eliminated him, even though he got yardages. We just have to not allow points to get on the board and give our offense more opportunities to score."

Lunchbox-

Nov 2, 2017
bEast Coast
It's not surprising. I think people are tired of watching the Patriots. It's like "we get it, the Patriots are great" yet they still play that scrappy underdog story every single time they are in the game. If the Super Bowl was played in September, I would have gone hiking instead.
Patriots super bowls are like 4 out of 5 on the highest rated ones or something

not our fault the opposition is uninteresting this year without a fan base. If NO made it, more people would've tuned in to root against us. but hey, it is what it is

Oct 27, 2017
lol seriously for him to say they eliminated Edelman is crazy.
The number of first downs they allowed Edelman to get is embarrassing. Other than him, who had catches? Gronk got a few. Hogan was useless. James White disappeared. And I can only assume Dorsett was a scratch because he was never out there.

Smurf

Oct 25, 2017
I mean, they only gave up 13 points. I can see how Suh thinks they did their job, because you know, they did.

NervousXtian

Oct 27, 2017
Suh ain't really full of it though, giving up 13pts means you did your job as a defense for sure. The Rams offensive was just inept... this wasn't an elite Pats defense at all, but they ran a great scheme and Goff and co couldn't figure it out.

FTF

Oct 28, 2017
New York
I mean, they only gave up 13 points. I can see how Suh thinks they did their job, because you know, they did.
Suh ain't really full of it though, giving up 13pts means you did your job as a defense for sure. The Rams offensive was just inept... this wasn't an elite Pats defense at all, but they ran a great scheme and Goff and co couldn't figure it out.

Oh I agree Rams did a really good job on defense as a whole, but just not against Edelman.

effzee

Oct 26, 2017
NJ
Thoughts:

• God, I hate ppl who can't stand to watch a good defensive match. I wanted a close game and I got it. It was a defensive gem, BB proving yet again he is the GOAT coach.
  • Rams shocked me. There has to be something going on with Gurley. Either he is hurt or some locker room issue for him to be criminally underutilized.
  • PPL complaining about the halftime annoy me more than the actual halftime. Same ppl who can't enjoy a low scoring game cause "its boring!"
  • Goff looked awful and scared. Rams need to develop him a lot more. He can't be just a play-action passer
  • Hate that the first question post game was "Tom so many ppl counted you out..." like honestly STFU up CBS or any media person covering the team and leading with that nonsense. This is their 3rd SB trip in 3 years. 9th in 18 years. JUST STFU. If ppl didn't favor them in certain games it was based on odds and not because they were being disrespected or counted out.
  • Vegas had them ass the odds on favorites to win the SB the minute they lost to Philly last year. They probably will be again.
  • Pats are unlikeable to begin with but this nonsense about being some underdogs is ridiculous.

metalslimer

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Lol suh was pretty disappointing for most of the rams games I watched

Also until the Patriots dont make the SB again I have no reason to think they wont be back next year. Brady was right they essentially went 12-4 with their shittiest team in in like a decade

One thing I noticed is that despite the Patriots offense looking not great for most ot the night neither brady nor bellichick looked worried in any capacity.

effzee

Oct 26, 2017
NJ
Like with Wentz, Rams don't have to extend Goff this off-season right? They can play him one more year (his 4th season) on his rookie deal right?

BTW Carson reaction out to the article from a few weeks ago. That's my qb! Great in depth responses!

Doom

Oct 27, 2017
New Jersey
I think the biggest takeaway from this game might be that defensive coordinators, as a whole in the league, haven't caught up with offensive coordinators and QB's in pre-play adjustments at the line. Obviously, Belichick is excluded from that. McVay and Goff threw all over teams all year because of the adjustments they were making at the line essentially unopposed. We kind of saw the same thing with Peyton when he was at his best. He wouldn't be able to make the same adjustments in the playoffs because in the playoffs good defenses would adjust back.

Goff got used to having presnap advantages, and turned into Fisher-Goff when he didn't have them. Looks like McVay didn't have a game plan that could get around not having those advantages too. If every D Coordinator could catch up to this way of playing all year round, we wouldn't be talking about these offensive explosions we saw this year.