• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Fuck the Pats?

• Yes

Votes: 144 87.3%
  • No (Yes)

Votes: 27 16.4%
  • Only if we're related (Gata option)

Votes: 12 7.3%

• Total voters

Rvaan

Oct 25, 2017
The Raiders have 10 sacks on the year. There are 6 players in the NFL with more sacks than that. There are 9 who have at least that many. The only other team in the NFL that was less sacks than the current sack leader (Donald, 14.5) is the Giants with 14.

Mudcrab

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
7N5KPRi.png

squicken

Oct 27, 2017
So I have always thought Bowles was doing a good job of keeping them competitive in the face of a challenging roster, and it seems like the roster still sucks. That job is kind of a tough sell b/c whoever takes it doesn't have draft picks and is sorta married to Darnold. But there's really no way to bring him back. They need better offensive coaching

Someone mentioned this earlier but it is crazy that CAR lost. Kinda hard to call missing a 52 yard FG a choke. Lombardi mentioned this in his column but that's where Fisherball and Martyball just doesn't work any more. Even if he makes the FG there's too much time

squicken

Oct 27, 2017

Seems like maybe that Cooper trade was not so terrible? There's arguably a lack of any draft prospect that matches his talent level

Fox318

Oct 25, 2017
So I have always thought Bowles was doing a good job of keeping them competitive in the face of a challenging roster, and it seems like the roster still sucks. That job is kind of a tough sell b/c whoever takes it doesn't have draft picks and is sorta married to Darnold. But there's really no way to bring him back. They need better offensive coaching

Someone mentioned this earlier but it is crazy that CAR lost. Kinda hard to call missing a 52 yard FG a choke. Lombardi mentioned this in his column but that's where Fisherball and Martyball just doesn't work any more. Even if he makes the FG there's too much time
Squicken he is the type of coach from far away people think is great because his team doesn't give up.

Except when you watch the games his game planning is horrible, his hiring is horrible, his staff is horrible (Kacy Rodgers shouldn't even be in the NFL), and his Time Management is worse than Andy Reid.

And probably the worst thing is his teams are boring to watch. I couldn't get people to come over and watch the jets or go to a jets game if my life depended on it.

Plus I honestly think he doesn't want to win. He plays zone with a secondary designed to press and play man, he never takes a special teams risk.

Fox318

Oct 25, 2017

This fucking dickwad is why Bowles is on the jets. Had he not be on such a anti-marone spree Marrone would have been here.

Now that the Jags are imploding the Jets beat reporter still has to get his licks in

Vixdean

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

That was my argument against going for 2 the week before. Lions still had 3 TOs and over a minute on the clock. Hell, converting those 2 points would have forced the Lions to try and kick game winning FG. Whereas a PAT means they basically attempt one aggressive play and then pack it in for OT, where I think the better team would have won.

I think Rivera has lost it. He momentarily lost his mind at the end of that Lions game and now the players don't know wtf kind of team he wants them to be.

effzee

Oct 26, 2017
NJ

Bowles deserves to be fired. Esp in the modern NFL and because they have a QB to develop. I will never understand why they brought him back. For what? You know you are drafting a coach and have an HC who is defensive minded, ultra-conservative, and would need to develop this young kid. Why in the world are you keeping Bowles?

I don't blame last season on him. They were tanking and let go of every good veteran they could. His roster won more than they should have and they had to trade up because of it. He should have been fired at the end of the season. The GM too. Mac also missed on getting Mahomes. Or a RB like Kamara.

This fucking dickwad is why Bowles is on the jets. Had he not be on such a anti-marone spree Marrone would have been here.

Now that the Jags are imploding the Jets beat reporter still has to get his licks in

Oh, I remember this. What was the reason again? It was something about access to Marone or something? Marone is a piece of shit for what he did to Buffalo but he would have been a much better coach than Bowles. Bowles is bet suited to be a DC.