• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
OP
OP
Fantomex

Fantomex

Oct 25, 2017
Man this thing is gonna take getting used to. I can see why they did the upgrade because it's a lot more streamlined for mobile. But I'm having to go back to the white theme for desktop viewing. I've been trying to post for the last 4 hours. Where's Bronson?

Bitanator

Oct 27, 2017
https://www.kansascity.com/sports/nfl/kansas-city-chiefs/article222623665.html

NFL is trash

The National Football League did not file a formal request for records of the Feb. 10 incident in Cleveland involving former Kansas City Chiefs running back Kareem Hunt until Nov. 30, the same day TMZ published video footage of the assault at a hotel.
The Kansas City Chiefs never made a formal request, according to public records reviewed by The Star.
The Star obtained a list of requests for records of the Kareem Hunt incident through an Ohio open records law from Feb. 10 until Tuesday. There's no record of a request by the NFL until Nov. 30.

overcast

Oct 25, 2017
So if I wanted to buy NFC Championship tickets (IF the rams get that far). What's the refund policy. My dad is interested.

Kas'

Oct 26, 2017
You know whats working out for the Lions? Absolutely nothing.

Well, Quandre Diggs is still balling. Damon "Snacks" Harrison was a great trade for us. Stafford is still playing with everything he has despite having no help at all except Kenny Golladay. What's going to be hilarious is watching us win 3 of our last 4, go 7-9 and screw up our potential Top 5 pick turning it into Pick #17.

Lowkey rooting for the Chargers and hoping the Panthers can get their shit together so we can see Cam Newton in the playoffs.

Oct 25, 2017
Heading to KC this week. I've been going to a Ravens away game almost every year since 2009 and this is the first time it's actually been an important game.

Will we win? Probably not. I'm used to seeing Flacco fail on the road. Maybe we'll see Lamar, but honestly, I hope they start Flacco. If we're gonna lose, might as well let it be him taking the nail in his coffin.

squicken

Oct 27, 2017
I saw the earlier post about Steelers LBs on Keenan Allen, and over the course of the game, he had 70 yards on 7 catches where the closest defender was a LB, per Next Gen Stats. I guess it didn't show up in the first half b/c the pass rush was getting to Rivers. So I wonder if that is a trade off to getting the pressure or if there is a way to get better matchups while maintaining the pass rush

chuckddd

Oct 25, 2017
When the Chargers went empty, the Steelers covered the slot with an lb and the furthest outside man with a corner. Easy way to burn the defense, and it hasn't just been LA, is to put the running back out furthest and forget about him. There's a fairly simple adjustment to be made, follow the back with the backer, but it hasn't happened.

squicken

Oct 27, 2017
When the Chargers went empty, the Steelers covered the slot with an lb and the furthest outside man with a corner. Easy way to burn the defense, and it hasn't just been LA, is to put the running back out furthest and forget about him. There's a fairly simple adjustment to be made, follow the back with the backer, but it hasn't happened.

Thanks for the detailed answer. It seems so strange for something that to not get corrected in game, to say nothing of carrying over game to game.

Caja 117

Oct 25, 2017
Why Steelers didn't do this?

Doomsayer

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Our defensive coordinator is in way over his head. The dude talks a big game but when it comes down to it he has no feel for the game and no idea how to scheme. He needs to be fired, ASAP. I'm hoping he is the first person gone after this season.

Even if Jimmy G was playing we wouldn't have many wins because this defense is so trash.

OfficerRob

Oct 25, 2017
Those are some idiotic choices (the last thing L.A. wants is another football team), and a few big stadiums that will be hilariously empty

Gigglepoo

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Washington signed Josh Johnson days after saying they wouldn't sign Kaepernick because it's too hard to learn a playbook in just a few days.

It's like the NFL is trying to prove collusion before Kaep's lawyers can.

Hindl

Oct 25, 2017
Mcleod might not be back.
Why? Just because of the injury and cap hit? McLeod was playing really well this season before he got hurt, and he's played well in the system before. I agree his cap hit is high, but we only save $5M cutting him and with him getting older and coming off an injury with 2 years left in his contract, seems like a perfect time to restructure the deal. That's what they'll probably do instead, and then draft a new safety of the future

yankeeh8er

Oct 26, 2017
Dracula Georgia
Washington signed Josh Johnson days after saying they wouldn't sign Kaepernick because it's too hard to learn a playbook in just a few days.

It's like the NFL is trying to prove collusion before Kaep's lawyers can.

I was shocked Gruden said that they wouldnt sign kap due to him having to learn the playbook. Teams add players during the season all the time, even QBs. It was such a ridiculous lie.

effzee

Oct 26, 2017
NJ
Why? Just because of the injury and cap hit? McLeod was playing really well this season before he got hurt, and he's played well in the system before. I agree his cap hit is high, but we only save $5M cutting him and with him getting older and coming off an injury with 2 years left in his contract, seems like a perfect time to restructure the deal. That's what they'll probably do instead, and then draft a new safety of the future

I thought he might be a cap casualty anyway heading into the off-season but yeah I guess now he might restructure him and bring him back. I really like him so if they can make it work and draft a replacement for either spot, it would be ideal.

If they can't, given Collin's age I'd love for him to be on the team.

I was shocked Gruden said that they wouldnt sign kap due to him having to learn the playbook. Teams add players during the season all the time, even QBs. It was such a ridiculous lie.

Collectively these owners and teams have fucked this up so much it makes zero sense. You want the story to go away? Bring him into camp or for a workout but then say he wasn't good enough. Cut him. But do something. By consistently not even inviting or evaluating him, you prove his case. My god these rich supposed smart dudes are so fucking stupid.

Hindl

Oct 25, 2017
I thought he might be a cap casualty anyway heading into the off-season but yeah I guess now he might restructure him and bring him back. I really like him so if they can make it work and draft a replacement for either spot, it would be ideal.

If they can't, given Collin's age I'd love for him to be on the team.

Collectively these owners and teams have fucked this up so much it makes zero sense. You want the story to go away? Bring him into camp or for a workout but then say he wasn't good enough. Cut him. But do something. By consistently not even inviting or evaluating him, you prove his case. My god these rich supposed smart dudes are so fucking stupid.
Yeah, if next season Foles, JP, Chris Long, are all gone/retire, and then they cut Wis, the Eagles gain $34M in cap space and are $19M in the black. A second move would require Tate to continue to produce like he did on Monday, but if he does that, I can see the Eagles resigning Tate and letting Agholor walk. It sucks that they picked up his 5th year option since they can't get back a comp pick, but Agholor is due $9.4M next year and I think the Eagles can sign Tate to a lower cap hit + shorter contract than that + Agholor's extension. And then you'd possibly be looking at $21M in the black. So they're looking good on cap space without cutting or restructuring McLeod. Now, if the Eagles could cut McLeod and get Landon Collins for less than McLeod's contract? Sure I'd love to do that. I just think it's likely Collins gets a top safety contract, which would be significantly more than McLeod's even if they don't restructure to lower his cap hit. So I'd rather keep McLeod for a lower cost + familiarity with the system

Striker

Oct 25, 2017
Collins needs to consider moving to OLB. He's hasn't been good in coverage this season or last. Shame because he was so amazing in 2016.

Violence Jack

Drive-in Mutant
Oct 25, 2017
Looks like Emmanuel Sanders torn his achilles today in practice. That Broncos offense is about to be 90% Philip Lindsay.