• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Hue wins the Hue Sweepstakes

• Browns

Votes: 11 17.2%
  • Cleveland

Votes: 6 9.4%
  • The Clev

Votes: 21 32.8%
  • Ohio

Votes: 26 40.6%

• Total voters

Fantomex

Oct 25, 2017
I'll have the new OT up today. I't was a really meaty week so I gotta figure out a way to fit everything without crashing the page.

Fitts

You know what that means
Oct 25, 2017

Jags and Vikes have had the most disappointing season. Both were so damn close last year and now seem so far away from competing at that level again.

Vikes have been particularly frustrating. They have some ridiculously good pieces on offense and by all accounts upgraded at QB.

boxter432

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017

SeaCheaters are as bad as the Trumps.

no reason to not be allowed to challenge
or the fact that espn/fox can see the correct call within .5 seconds...just have backup ref in a booth and have him mic'd in with the head ref ("he pushed off, violation of the rule, 15 yard penalty".) its not that hard.

Doom

Oct 27, 2017
New Jersey
no reason to not be allowed to challenge
or the fact that espn/fox can see the correct call within .5 seconds...just have backup ref in a booth and have him mic'd in with the head ref ("he pushed off, violation of the rule, 15 yard penalty".) its not that hard.
I think the reason they don't want to allow that is it would kind of open up a can of worms where you can start challenging for non-calls. Starts with stuff like that, then it moves on to challenging PI no-calls, then youve got people challenging for holding calls soon after.

I think it'd be reasonable to allow it strictly for scoring plays.

Instro

Oct 25, 2017
The Vikings situation is kind of reminding me of when the Ravens won the SB but dumped Dilfer and paid Elvis Grbac all that money and he shit the bed and retired. Cousins is a good QB, but his whole time in Washington I never got the sense that he was a great QB. He doesn't elevate a team the way elite QBs (and guys making the kind of money he's making) need to. I think you can win with him, if you surround him with the right team/coaches and get on a run, he's not a net negative like a guy like Bortles, but I don't think he's $84 million better. If a guy at QB is taking up that much of your cap, he has to be able to make up for deficiencies elsewhere, and Cousins ain't that kind of dude.

I think with a decent OC he'll be fine, but from what I've seen of the team this year they have significant issues on the O-line that would kill most QBs.

boxter432

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
I think the reason they don't want to allow that is it would kind of open up a can of worms where you can start challenging for non-calls. Starts with stuff like that, then it moves on to challenging PI no-calls, then youve got people challenging for holding calls soon after.

I think it'd be reasonable to allow it strictly for scoring plays.
like a field goal that got blocked illegally...

Danthrax

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
Northeast Ohio
4th Redskins QB starter of season prepped with 'Madden NFL'

WaPo said:
WASHINGTON — This is what it's come to for the Washington Redskins: Their fourth quarterback of a once-promising, now-lost season, Josh Johnson, will be making his first NFL start since 2011 and spent time playing the "Madden NFL" video game to try to pick up something about his new teammates.

"I learned their names, first and foremost," Johnson said with a smile.

He will be playing the most important position on the field next Sunday when the Redskins, who have gone from 6-3 and first place in the NFC East to 6-7 thanks to a four-game losing streak, play at the Jacksonville Jaguars (4-9), who might be the most disappointing team in the entire league.
WaPo said:
Johnson was signed last Wednesday; a week before facing the Giants, he was playing in a charity basketball event at home in California.

"It was a good test for my cardio," Johnson said. "I actually got my body ready."

This is mindboggling