• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

effzee

Oct 26, 2017
NJ
Is it even confirmed yet? I am looking on twitter and I see the beat writers said he missed practice today and we don't know yet. The only person even saying he is out this week is Ian Rap.

I guess Doug will confirm tomorrow. I can see him playing the final two weeks if they somehow pull a miracle and win this Sunday.

Doom

Oct 27, 2017
New Jersey
Need not worry Giants fans, the Lions are going to win out and finish 8-8 so we draft around #18-19 and miss out on the absolute 5 Star Studs.
Am I a terrible person for being upset that the Jets won on Sunday?

Winning gives us pick #5. Losing would have gotten pick #1 and pretty much secured it with that SOS.

:(

Oct 25, 2017

Maybe this will have a practice field with a roof. So the professional football team doesn't have to go practice at a convention center when it rains

yankeeh8er

Oct 26, 2017
Dracula Georgia
Is it even confirmed yet? I am looking on twitter and I see the beat writers said he missed practice today and we don't know yet. The only person even saying he is out this week is Ian Rap.

I guess Doug will confirm tomorrow. I can see him playing the final two weeks if they somehow pull a miracle and win this Sunday.
Lets say for the sake of argument that Foles comes in and by some insane miracle the Eagles make the playoffs. Even if Wentz tells the coaches he is ready to go at that point there is no way they could take Foles out, right?

effzee

Oct 26, 2017
NJ
Lets say for the sake of argument that Foles comes in and by some insane miracle the Eagles make the playoffs. Even if Wentz tells the coaches he is ready to go at that point there is no way they could take Foles out, right?

Unless Foles comes in and plays as he did against the Vikings and Pats, I don't see how anyone wouldn't want to put back Wentz. Wentz is 10x the QB Foles is. Even now as he struggles with his recovery and whatever this back injury is.

yankeeh8er the Eagles turned their backs on the power of Chip Shakes and the whole team got hurt. Coincidence?

They actually kept the entire sports science program that Chip had started.

They do share the same Ortho team as the Sixers...

Bitanator

Oct 27, 2017
Keep winning Giants, work yourself into not drafting the top QB, their defense is actually playing surprisingly well recently, could have had Quinnen Williams to complement it next year, but nope, moral victories and "bringing momentum" into next year is a belief in that organization.

effzee

Oct 26, 2017
NJ
Keep winning Giants, work yourself into not drafting the top QB, their defense is actually playing surprisingly well recently, could have had Quinnen Williams to complement it next year, but nope, moral victories and "bringing momentum" into next year is a belief in that organization.

They are aiming for Flacco.

Falchion

Oct 25, 2017
Boise
aycd46c.png

Yeah!

Top 4. Not bad.

squicken

Oct 27, 2017
They are aiming for the gutter anyways, might as well pick up shit covered $100 bill left to mold in the rain and take it with them.

So much of the NFL is just being not terrible. The Giants last 4 wins were over Sanchez, Mullens, Fitz, and Chase Daniel. Eli may suck when gazing at good teams but measured against the truly awful he's just bad

effzee

Oct 26, 2017
NJ

Looking at this top 10, I only see Oak and Jax as teams who might draft a QB. Giants could still get their guy in the bottom half of the top 10.

I really think that could be a landing spot for Foles. Eli has a $23m cap hit next year but only $6m in dead money if they cut him.

if the Giants move on, all jokes aside, I don't think they bring in a bridge QB. They draft a rookie and start him. You bring in a veteran to start and loyal ELI fanbase is going to riot.

Hindl

Oct 25, 2017
Unless Foles comes in and plays as he did against the Vikings and Pats, I don't see how anyone wouldn't want to put back Wentz. Wentz is 10x the QB Foles is. Even now as he struggles with his recovery and whatever this back injury is.

They actually kept the entire sports science program that Chip had started.

They do share the same Ortho team as the Sixers...
They actually let go of a lot of the medical staff this offseason

Hindl

Oct 25, 2017
Right, but the sports science stuff stayed. I tweeted @ Les Bowen earlier this season about it and he said its all there, smoothies and all.
Oh huh. Well I dunno, I guess sports science has its limits. They've been one of the healthiest teams in the league from 2013-2017, even with the key injuries in 2017. Guess it all came back at once. Someone pointed out that every position on the Eagles roster has multiple players on IR except for OL, QB, and LB. And LB has one player that's missed multiple games and two other LBs that are playing with broken thumbs

Sweeney Swift

User Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
#IStandWithTaylor
Great day for the Sween being right. Lamar gets to be full-time starter and Foles gets a chance at winning another ring people will oddly keep crediting only Wentz for

iareharSon

Oct 30, 2017
Am I crazy for thinking that Lamar Jackson looks like shit? He seems ripe for being game planned into mediocrity one defenses key in on him.

Oct 25, 2017
Am I crazy for thinking that Lamar Jackson looks like shit? He seems ripe for being game planned into mediocrity one defenses key in on him.

He looks dynamic with his legs, and like a rookie with his arm. It's way too early to say he looks like trash. He gets first downs, he sustains drives, and he's brought wins. Has he been inaccurate at times? Fuck yeah. Will he get better? Hopefully, he's young. But by the end of next year, we'll know if he's any good.

This year though? Let it fly. We wouldn't win shit with Flacco at QB, let's see if we can ride this defense and Lamar's newness to some playoffs

The best part about him though? He's not Joe Flacco.

yankeeh8er

Oct 26, 2017
Dracula Georgia
I picked up Ravens D this week in fantasy. I really hope they can force some turnovers and get some sacks against the Bucs. I watched Lamar play the last 2 weeks and I think he could be really good. He looks dynamic with the ball in his hands, just needs to work on making his reads quicker and being more accurate.

StrmSrg

Oct 26, 2017
Louisiana

Really? Was he really so bad that he didn't even deserve to play a down? Man...

Poor Marshall. The week the Saints clinch a playoff berth, he gets cut.

Mudcrab

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017

Really? Was he really so bad that he didn't even deserve to play a down? Man...

Poor Marshall. The week the Saints clinch a playoff berth, he gets cut.

Feel for him but I'm guessing he just couldn't out perform any of the UDFAs we signed.

Do we know when Ginn is supposed to return?

Chan

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Looking at this top 10, I only see Oak and Jax as teams who might draft a QB. Giants could still get their guy in the bottom half of the top 10.

There's no QB in this draft better than Carr, they won't be picking up a QB in the first, but fuck it I'm in for anybody but Bosa!!!

JEH

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Marshall's playoff drought continues. Makes me wonder if they would have cut Dez too.

iareharSon

Oct 30, 2017
He looks dynamic with his legs, and like a rookie with his arm. It's way too early to say he looks like trash. He gets first downs, he sustains drives, and he's brought wins. Has he been inaccurate at times? Fuck yeah. Will he get better? Hopefully, he's young. But by the end of next year, we'll know if he's any good.

This year though? Let it fly. We wouldn't win shit with Flacco at QB, let's see if we can ride this defense and Lamar's newness to some playoffs

The best part about him though? He's not Joe Flacco.

The history of the NFL is filled with rookie QBs who look dynamic with their legs but struggle with accuracy and reads, and it's not a kind one. I'm actually really glad that the Ravens have moved forward with Lamar Jackson, because I think it's going to result in losing two of your next three games. The second defenses key in on him and force him to use his arm, I'm pretty damn sure he's going to fold.

Oct 25, 2017
The history of the NFL is filled with rookie QBs who look dynamic with their legs but struggle with accuracy and reads, and it's not a kind one. I'm actually really glad that the Ravens have moved forward with Lamar Jackson, because I think it's going to result in losing two of your next three games. The second defenses key in on him and force him to use his arm, I'm pretty damn sure he's going to fold.

If it was that easy, they would have done that the first game. It's not like these other teams didn't know EXACTLY how Lamar and the Ravens were gonna play.

iareharSon

Oct 30, 2017
If it was that easy, they would have done that the first game. It's not like these other teams didn't know EXACTLY how Lamar and the Ravens were gonna play.

That's how football works.

Football is filled with QBs who had promising starts to their careers, but struggled to overcome subsequent teams scheming around a growing amount of tape on said QB.