• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Best fantasy football team name?

• Mayfield of Dreams

Votes: 28 16.7%
  • JuJu Know What I'm Sayin'?

Votes: 12 7.1%
  • Fournettecation

Votes: 13 7.7%
  • Fuck the Pats

Votes: 115 68.5%

• Total voters

yankeeh8er

Oct 26, 2017
Dracula Georgia
Yes please. Foles isn't coming back and he isn't the long term answer even if he came back.

At most they can hold off another season with Wentz. Give him his deal, a full regular off season, two years (almost) removed from the ACL tear, and he should be back to MVP level Wentz.
It really does not concern you that the same players look so much better with foles then they do with Wentz?

effzee

Oct 26, 2017
NJ
It really does not concern you that the same players look so much better with foles then they do with Wentz?

Zero concern. I don't have short term memory loss and remember how amazing this same offense was with the same skill players when Wentz was the leading MVP candidate last year. That's who I believe we get back fully healthy next year, nearly two yrs removed from the ACL tear.

I also remember how bad Foles was to finish the regular season last year and the games to start this season. I love the dude but he is no model of consistency, he's older, and less talented overall (arm strength and ability to run). Obviously he's playing better than Wentz right now but Wentz is banged up. If it's between a healthy Wentz and Foles, I'll take Wentz without a doubt.

TheeFanatic

Oct 26, 2017
Mariota has been practicing, possible to start Sunday. Welp.....

Supposed to be rainy and nasty.. Henry time!!!

Hindl

Oct 25, 2017
Foles played great in the Texans game and okay in the Rams game, highlighted by some big throws early. The big thing was that the defense finally started generating turnovers and the OL was blocking better. Foles was getting rid of the ball slower than Wentz so I don't think that was the problem. Wentz did have some regression in his movement within the pocket, not just with scrambling, but I'll toss that up to recovering from the knee and his back fracture. Plus, the offense was simplified and we also went with more 2 TE sets, which we should've been doing all year. Wentz started the cowboys game poorly but ended with 3 straight scoring drives. So I think it was a combination of things, plus foles is a very steady player that does the same thing regardless of the state of the game, whereas Wentz tries to play hero ball too much.

Wentz had also played well this year before the bye and that's around when the back fracture happened. I'm alright with chalking this year up to a recovery year, and in the long term I think he's the better option than foles. Now, that's all contingent on him getting healthy, and I believe if he does he'll return to what we saw. But if you're concerned about his injury history I think that's a fair thing to bring up

yankeeh8er

Oct 26, 2017
Dracula Georgia
I think fraudgers is a better QB then Wentz and the packers decline started with him getting big money. I worry went won't be good enough to overcome the loss of talent when he gets paid.

Hindl

Oct 25, 2017
I think fraudgers is a better QB then Wentz and the packers decline started with him getting big money. I worry went won't be good enough to overcome the loss of talent when he gets paid.
That was compounded with them having a shit DC and also whiffing on multiple drafts in a row. It's fair to worry about the ability to hit on future drafts after he gets paid, especially considering Joe Douglas will probably get poached soon. But paying a QB top money isn't a big deal as long as you can hit at a solid rate in the draft

squicken

Oct 27, 2017
Andrew Brandt made the point the Eagles have to trade Wentz or Foles or let Nick walk. Whatever you want to say the Eagles peaked in 2017 and 2018 with Foles as the QB. Eagles fans and Eagles players know that and the Eagles can't keep Nick around if the Eagles are trying to sell Wentz as the guy