• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Who will win the 2018 NFL Pre-Season?

• Cleveland Browns

Votes: 87 45.3%
  • Miami Dolphins

Votes: 9 4.7%
  • Khalil Mack

Votes: 57 29.7%
  • Aaron Donald

Votes: 39 20.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Drakeon

Oct 25, 2017
Not that I'm complaining, but why in the hell did Chicago let Gould go again?
The crazy part is the NY Giants also let him go. I think Chicago didn't want to pay him? Not sure.

Speaking of reliable good ass kickers (well, Sans-2012, David Akers awful season for us), does anyone else remember suffering through just a terrible list of kickers before we got Joe Nedney? The one that sticks out was... I think Jose Cortez? He was fucking awful and blew multiple games back somewhere around 2002-2006. I think we only had him for a season, but the memory still sticks with me just because of how awful he was. What I'm getting at, is it's nice to have a string of solid kickers.

Rvaan

Oct 25, 2017
Also, is it a hot take to say that the Jaguars are legit super bowl contenders if they traded for Teddy Bridgewater? They'll be lucky to get past the first round with Bortles again.
The Jags would absolutely be legit contenders if they traded for Teddy. You could make a case that Bortles is the 5th best QB in the AFC South if Luck comes back healthy.

Striker

Oct 25, 2017
That's assuming Teddy got better from his Minnesota days. Lighting it up for just over 200 ypg isn't inspiring. Blake needs to limit his mistakes.

Elfforkusu

Oct 25, 2017
I think Teddy probably still has a pretty high ceiling, but you never know when a guy loses a couple years of development like that.

Rvaan

Oct 25, 2017
Teddy doesn't throw the ball to the other team like Bortles does. I trust him not to cost me the game because he didn't see the LB standing right in front of him.

Striker

Oct 25, 2017
Teddy doesn't throw the ball to the other team like Bortles does. I trust him not to cost me the game because he didn't see the LB standing right in front of him.
Both are close in career INT % (2.6 to 2.9). Teddy just barely threw the ball, airing it out slightly over 400 times. Blake tossed it 600+ in 2015 and 2016 and with a run game last year, shortened to 523. I gotta imagine they run it more this year with Jags losing more wideouts.

Dega

Oct 25, 2017
I love Bortles :D leave him alone. He absolutely deserves to be the starter. He's so good.

Nameless

Oct 25, 2017
It's a shame last night wasn't a regular season game; Jimmy vs Deshaun was setting up to be a pretty crazy shoot out.

Deleted member 8433

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Everything about the Rams feels like they are an industry plant. I was watching the Rams feed for the Raiders preseason game yesterday and it just gave that vibe.

I dont think there was one Rams legend or anything that showed up in the broadcast. Instead, literally, it was the three hosts of an NFL Network show doing the whole broadcast and commentary.

Cyros

Oct 27, 2017
I'm honestly not having a problem with this. Guys go for big hits rather than wrapping up. If they didn't have a helmet on they wouldn't be trying to tackle that way.
The other problem is players trying to be the low man so they don't get run over which is hard when a runner is dropping to brace for contact. I wonder if a defender could effectively draw a flag like a charge in basketball.

Chan

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
dXelKEz.jpg

You're 250lbs, run through the mother fucker's face

Oct 25, 2017
Well he's not speaking in the past tense. And I don't think he'd be the one to break the news of someone dying.

So my guess Vinatieri is retiring? I have not watched one second of Colts preseason games or camp stuff so I have no idea how he's been doing or if they even have another kicker competing.

DPT120

Oct 27, 2017
Well he's not speaking in the past tense. And I don't think he'd be the one to break the news of someone dying.

So my guess Vinatieri is retiring? I have not watched one second of Colts preseason games or camp stuff so I have no idea how he's been doing or if they even have another kicker competing.
No, turns out it's Bob Lamey. Colts have a camp kicker(as expected) but all expectations are on Vinny playing another season.

OfficerRob

Oct 25, 2017
Everything about the Rams feels like they are an industry plant. I was watching the Rams feed for the Raiders preseason game yesterday and it just gave that vibe.

I dont think there was one Rams legend or anything that showed up in the broadcast. Instead, literally, it was the three hosts of an NFL Network show doing the whole broadcast and commentary.
I felt the exact same way. Nate Burleson was playing on like he was some kind of lifelong Ram, it was hilarious

Drakeon

Oct 25, 2017
That's assuming Teddy got better from his Minnesota days. Lighting it up for just over 200 ypg isn't inspiring. Blake needs to limit his mistakes.
Look, I get that its preseason, but Teddy has looked legit for the Jets. And I already know what Bortles is, which is a QB you'll be lucky to not cost you the game on an untimely interception.

Status
Not open for further replies.