• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Who will win the 2018 NFL Pre-Season?

• Cleveland Browns

Votes: 87 45.3%
  • Miami Dolphins

Votes: 9 4.7%
  • Khalil Mack

Votes: 57 29.7%
  • Aaron Donald

Votes: 39 20.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hindl

Oct 25, 2017
When has Gronk not showed up to camp to get a bigger contract?
You were taking away from Bell's talent and what makes him special by saying he's missed a lot of time. I'm saying Gronk also missed a lot of time and that doesn't take away from his greatness. Also, after Gronk way outplayed his rookie contract, he got a proper extension. That's all Bell is looking for

Nameless

Oct 25, 2017
Lol, Foster really going for it.

No dog in this fight, but any team would cut his ass with zero fucks given about his mother if they felt it benefited them more than keeping him. Someone tell him about Isiah Thomas. These teams don't care, not really. Do what's best for your career

chuckddd

Oct 25, 2017
What really bugs me about the whole Bell thing is that you're getting a player who can play TWO positions and trying to play cheap with him. People talk all the time about Corners sliding over to Safety when their body can't handle being a corner anymore, and Bell will be able to make the transition from RB to WR pretty easily when he hits the RB wall.

He very clearly has the skill set of a #2 receiver. This isn't like Gurley or Zeke where they can catch out of the backfield and run a couple slot routes if needed. Bell can literally play the #2 role. We're in a league where Tyler Lockett and Donte Moncrief are getting 10 mill a year, Sammy Watkins is getting 16 a year, and Albert Wilson can make 8 million. Leveon isn't some undersized running back that takes a million collision hits too, so he's actually likely going to still be elite up to his age 30 season. But even if he isn't, even if he hits the wall, by the time his contract is up, the 16-18 mill a year being given to him will practically be in line with what #2 receivers are making that year. It's absurd to me how short sighted playing chicken with him is and how the Steelers aren't just sucking it up at this point.
Bell is already getting paid more than the Steelers' second, third, fourth, fifth and sixth wideouts AND the next highest paid running back in the NFL, combined. He's a great receiver for a running back, but let's not get crazy. He can't play split out exclusively, he's too slow and he's been shut down by db's in general.

iareharSon

Oct 30, 2017
The reason why I think Bell is different is because of his execution. His patience is absurd and prevents apparent mishaps to happen to quickly imo.

Execution doesn't matter. Running backs aren't like QB's where you age gracefully. It's largely an athletic position, and once your physical prowess fails you - you decline HARD.

What really bugs me about the whole Bell thing is that you're getting a player who can play TWO positions and trying to play cheap with him. People talk all the time about Corners sliding over to Safety when their body can't handle being a corner anymore, and Bell will be able to make the transition from RB to WR pretty easily when he hits the RB wall.

He very clearly has the skill set of a #2 receiver. This isn't like Gurley or Zeke where they can catch out of the backfield and run a couple slot routes if needed. Bell can literally play the #2 role. We're in a league where Tyler Lockett and Donte Moncrief are getting 10 mill a year, Sammy Watkins is getting 16 a year, and Albert Wilson can make 8 million. Leveon isn't some undersized running back that takes a million collision hits too, so he's actually likely going to still be elite up to his age 30 season. But even if he isn't, even if he hits the wall, by the time his contract is up, the 16-18 mill a year being given to him will practically be in line with what #2 receivers are making that year. It's absurd to me how short sighted playing chicken with him is and how the Steelers aren't just sucking it up at this point.

I can name a bunch of wide receivers in recent memory that are effective into their 30s. Can't name very many running backs who are effective past their late 20s.

Chan

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
jameis-winston-fat.jpg

snesfreak

Sabot

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 31, 2017
both teams forgot the rules of football

this game is rough

Status
Not open for further replies.