• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Mr.Awesome

Banned
Nov 4, 2017

I know theres a nfl thread but with this all over the news this AM thought it deserved it's own. Goddam. Police reportedly investigating

Rest of the year suspension incoming if not more I would think

SliceSabre

Oct 25, 2017
I love my Browns but holy shit is he a fucking idiot. Yea I know Mason was trying to pull his helmet off and the kick to the groin but holy shit to rip off dude's helmet and strike him with it!? Fucking ludicrous. Thank god it was only a glancing blow and he didn't fucking kill Mason.

I can't even enjoy this win because this incident was the most outrageous thing I've seen in sports next to the Malice in the Palace.

Note that I think Mason needs his ass suspended too for trying to rip off Myles' helmet.

Coyote Starrk

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
Mason "MAGA" Rudolph should be suspended for at least two games for trying to rip off Garrretts helmet. That's what kicked all of this off. But Garrett and Pouncy should be gone for the rest of the season.

Completely embarrassing and stupid.

May 25, 2019
London
This will be an unpopular opinion, but I think Goodell should draw a line in the sand and give Garrett a lifetime ban, not just a temporary suspension.

Rudolph already had a concussion this year, and Garret not only rips his helmet off, but then uses it in an explicit attempt to cause a head injury. It undermines everything the NFL has tried to do in recent years for player safety. This isn't some accidental pass interference or even a run of the mill unnecessary roughness on a late QB hit; this was a sustained malicious attack on an opposing player.

Hero_of_the_Day

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
This will be an unpopular opinion, but I think Goodell should draw a line in the sand and give Garrett a lifetime ban, not just a temporary suspension.

Rudolph already had a concussion this year, and Garret not only rips his helmet off, but then uses it in an explicit attempt to cause a head injury. It undermines everything the NFL has tried to do in recent years for player safety. This isn't some accidental pass interference or even a run of the mill unnecessary roughness on a late QB hit; this was a sustained malicious attack on an opposing player.

If this is an unpopular opinion, football fans are fucking idiots. That dipshit should be gone forever.

metalslimer

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I'm still wondering how far do you have to go before you the police come in and charge someone with assault. Because I dont think people recognize that a blow like that to the head can cause uncontrollable brain bleeding

Coyote Starrk

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017

Nah if the NFL is gonna allow murderers, rapists, and abusers to play after being suspended for just a handful of games then Garrett should be allowed to return as well at some point.

I still say toss him for the rest of the season and fine the hell out of him though.

Citizencope

Oct 28, 2017
Just saw this. I'd say 16 games.
Guy has some issues. He was single handedly trying to give the Jets a victory with his obvious late hits earlier in the year.

Baji Boxer

Chicken Chaser
Oct 27, 2017
i

Taking another look at it this morning, looks like Rudolph was lucky the helmet caught him with the open end. And at least a bit of that white padded part.

Allforce

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Mike Pereira is talking about 4 games and appealed down from that, and he was the guy who handled those reviews as head of officiating for years.

That seems crazy low to me, I'm a Browns fan and this warrants at LEAST a calendar year suspension, Nov 15th to Nov 15th, 2020

Dougieflesh

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Milky Way Ghetto
This is a rest of the regular season suspension at most. Pouncy should get at least 4 and Rudolph should get 2 for initiating it and being dumb enough to charge someone twice his size without a helmet.

Nov 8, 2017
Myles was just showing Mason how it's done. Mason obviously doesn't know who he should and shouldn't be messing with. I don't know too many other QBs, if any that would try to rip Myles Garrett's hermit off.

Oct 25, 2017
The Albert Haynesworth suspension was 5 back in that incident. There's 6 games left in the season. Garrett going to get 6 while Goodell quietly hopes this will be long since forgotten by the advertisers by next fall.

I'd also keep an eye out for Pouncy (my guess here is 2-3 games), Ogunjobi (probably the same?), and DeCastro (which would be really messed up but I could see it).

Reminder these two teams still play each other again in a couple weeks.

Coyote Starrk

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
What kicked it all of was Garrett not letting Mason go after the sack "attemp" and pulling him down to the ground even tho the ball was gone long ago.
Nah that kind of petty shit happens all the time in the NFL. Mason took it to another level by trying to rip Garrett's helmet off and then Garrett took it several levels higher (and too far) as a result.

If Mason hadn't tried to rip Garrett's helmet off then Garrett wouldn't have lost his shit. It doesn't excuse what Garrett did at all, but Rudolph is not blameless in this situation. Which is why he should get a couple of games as well, but he won't.

Oct 25, 2017
What kicked it all of was Garrett not letting Mason go after the sack "attemp" and pulling him down to the ground even tho the ball was gone long ago.

He likely didn't even know the ball was gone. Rudolph acted like a bitch over that. Garret didn't exactly body slam him. Its the softest tackle he will ever receive.

Woolley

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
That's should be a season ender for him. But the other guy should also face a few games for trying to rip off his helmet first.

May 25, 2019
London
Nah if the NFL is gonna allow murderers, rapists, and abusers to play after being suspended for just a handful of games then Garrett should be allowed to return as well at some point.

I still say toss him for the rest of the season and fine the hell out of him though.

Totally hear you on that, but this is something that happened on the field, during a game, to another NFL player, with NFL equipment. Whereas they at least could hide behind law enforcement's jurisdiction in those other cases, this one is squarely in their control.

What's even more interesting will be if the NFLPA appeals whatever Garrett gets....because Mason Rudolph is also a member

BebopCola

Jul 17, 2019
Was Rudolph actually trying to kick Garrett in the junk when they were both down? That just looked like him trying to move his legs when he had a big ass dude on top of him.

Coyote Starrk

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
Totally hear you on that, but this is something that happened on the field, during a game, to another NFL player, with NFL equipment. Whereas they at least could hide behind law enforcement's jurisdiction in those other cases, this one is squarely in their control.

What's even more interesting will be if the NFLPA appeals whatever Garrett gets....because Mason Rudolph is also a member
Oh the NFLPA will absolutely appeal whatever Garrett gets. Especially since its going to be a huge reactionary punishment.

And it will likely be reduced as well once they call on the precedents set by previous suspensions for far worse offenses.

Baji Boxer

Chicken Chaser
Oct 27, 2017

NFLPA appealed the Haynesworth 5 game suspension after stomping on the head of a helmetless player (which also brought up questions of charges being pressed). That was a long time ago though.

TheGhost

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Long Island
I'm still wondering how far do you have to go before you the police come in and charge someone with assault. Because I dont think people recognize that a blow like that to the head can cause uncontrollable brain bleeding
That right there is how far you go, arrested for assault and banned from the NFL is what the outcome should be.
He really didn't show any real remorse in the post game interview. I don't think he understands how fucked he is.

Vic2003

Dec 8, 2017
I'd say a 10-12 game suspension is fair especially knowing the NFLPA will appeal and get it reduced.

Bigkrev

Oct 25, 2017
Garrett- minimum the rest of the season, should probably be a full 16 games, if not a complete exile. This is actual assault, and you can make an argument that it's assault with a deadly weapon, based on how he swung it overhead and down onto his head, and the strength of the man who was swinging it.
Pouncy- Minimum 4 games, with my guess being they attempt 6 games and he appeals it down to 4. He threw a LOT of punches
Rudolph- My guess is he gets a 2 game suspension which is appealed down to one, which will kind of be BS but it is what it is. He clearly instigated this, and had nothing else happened, would likely have been a case where no penaltys happen on the field, but would come with a heafty fine from the league in the middle of the week after a review