• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Coyote Starrk

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
Your takes just keep getting dumber and dumber. First it's politics, now it's racism.
That's not what I'm saying. I'm saying that since the NFL is historically inconsistent as hell when it comes to how it punishes its white players vs its black players I am not expecting Rudolph to be properly punished for his part in the brawl.

And the NFL is even MORE inconsistent when it comes to how it punishes QBs vs other positions.

kamen_tater

Oct 27, 2017
no, it wasn't and was made clear in his reaction to the penalty. He didn't realize he hit him in the helmet, but that is conspicuously absent from your tailored video. It was very unfortunate, though.

Seems you haven't been watching this morning.
He intended to hit him with the crown of his helmet and he didn't give a fuck where he hit him. Head down, just running at the dude that he couldn't see, I don't care if he didn't want to hit him in the head, he didn't care enough to try to see where he would hit him. Players complain all the time about penalties and fouls even if they knew they did it, or else every offsides is a false start, too.

Oct 25, 2017
Miami, FL
I don't know if the "ear bleed" one was intentional, but is It was an absolutely wreckless hit that could have easily been avoided with proper form. The hit on Juju was just bad luck.
I agree it was reckless. But there is a large chasm sitting between unintentional injury due to bad technique or reckless play...and "bountygate" intentional acts to injury which was being alleged.

Oct 25, 2017
Miami, FL
I played my fair share of football games (age of 5 to college football champ) so I'll weigh in on this real quick...

Here's the sequence of events: Myles commits an RTP(roughing the passer) > Mason in retaliation tries to rip his helmet off and kicks/punches him > Myles in retaliation rips off Mason's helmet and walks away > Mason then charges Myles, grabs him in the junk and lunges for his neck > Myles swings his helmet at him.

What Myles did was wrong, but Mason was CLEARLY the aggressor. RTP is part of football, you gotta just deal with it. Trying to rip a guy's helmet off? Yeah we're definitely scrapping after that.

Mason > 1-2 game suspension.
Myles > 4 game suspension.

Those are all in the rule book.
agreed on all counts.

I say 4-6 for Myles, 2-3 for Pouncy, 1-2 for Rudolph, maybe 1 for Ogejobe.

Violence Jack

Drive-in Mutant
Oct 25, 2017
I love how MAGA Mason dared to call Myles a bully and a coward when Mason started it. So you got driven into the ground. Take the penalty since the Steelers were on their way to a loss. There were only 8 seconds left to go in the game. Just walk away and none of this would've happened.

Also, I think this game, this incident, and some of the players behavior should mean that Freddie Kitchens needs to be gone after this season. He has no control over his team, and there are no strong veteran leaders on the field to help keep the other players in check.

And finally, watch MAGA Mason try to get Myles locked up on assault charges because of course a shitbag Trumper wants to get another minority behind bars. Garrett went too far, but trying to get him arrested would also be too far.

agreed on all counts.

I say 4-6 for Myles, 2-3 for Pouncy, 1-2 for Rudolph, maybe 1 for Ogejobe.

Don't forget all those players who came off the benches to get involved as well. Pretty much all of them are going to be facing fines, and I'll bet there will be a few suspensions in there as well since its in the rule book that players can't come off the sideline to get involved in altercations.

Oct 26, 2017
Myles Garrett has given players serious injuries in cheap shots.

Don't think he was motivated by Rudolph's politics! He's just a psycho who needs anger management.

Maxim726x

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
This will be an unpopular opinion, but I think Goodell should draw a line in the sand and give Garrett a lifetime ban, not just a temporary suspension.

Rudolph already had a concussion this year, and Garret not only rips his helmet off, but then uses it in an explicit attempt to cause a head injury. It undermines everything the NFL has tried to do in recent years for player safety. This isn't some accidental pass interference or even a run of the mill unnecessary roughness on a late QB hit; this was a sustained malicious attack on an opposing player.

No, I think this is correct. He should be banned from the league entirely.

Oct 25, 2017
Miami, FL
He intended to hit him with the crown of his helmet and he didn't give a fuck where he hit him. Head down, just running at the dude that he couldn't see, I don't care if he didn't want to hit him in the head, he didn't care enough to try to see where he would hit him. Players complain all the time about penalties and fouls even if they knew they did it, or else every offsides is a false start, too.
It wasn't intentional (fortunately) and your head canon and narratives aren't going to change that. It was unfortunate and an example of the poor technique the NFL continues to struggle to clean up, but nothing more than that. Sorry dude. We can agree to disagree if necessary.

Oct 25, 2017
Miami, FL
Don't forget all those players who came off the benches to get involved as well. Pretty much all of them are going to be facing fines, and I'll bet there will be a few suspensions in there as well since its in the rule book that players can't come off the sideline to get involved in altercations.
I'm sure they'll address the additional players as needed. We're focusing on the major offenders.

Coyote Starrk

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
No, I think this is correct. He should be banned from the league entirely.
I get why people would think this, but given that the NFL won't even ban players who have killed people or beaten and raped women they are not going to ban a plate for something like this.

He is gonna get 8-10 games and the it will be reduced to 6 after appeal.

kamen_tater

Oct 27, 2017
It wasn't intentional (fortunately) and your head canon and narratives aren't going to change that. It was unfortunate and an example of the poor technique the NFL continues to struggle to clean up, but nothing more than that. Sorry dude. We can agree to disagree if necessary.
Okay, like when a drunk driver hits someone they didn't intend, okay. Let's just agree to disagree.

vanmardigan

Oct 27, 2017
Suspend him the rest of the year and get him some treatment. But he's already showing remorse and taking responsibility so I wouldn't ban him for life.

Oct 27, 2017
Seattle
I'm assuming this is sarcasm lol

You assume correctly. half of the gamemanship in sports is trying to instigate the opposing team in retaliating and getting a penalty. Obviously both players in this case should have gotten offsetting unsportsmanlike penalties for the back and forth. The Helmet bash is where this changes from your regular scrum to something entirely differently.

Hawkijustin

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Iowa
I love how MAGA Mason dared to call Myles a bully and a coward when Mason started it. So you got driven into the ground. Take the penalty since the Steelers were on their way to a loss. There were only 8 seconds left to go in the game. Just walk away and none of this would've happened.

Also, I think this game, this incident, and some of the players behavior should mean that Freddie Kitchens needs to be gone after this season. He has no control over his team, and there are no strong veteran leaders on the field to help keep the other players in check.

And finally, watch MAGA Mason try to get Myles locked up on assault charges because of course a shitbag Trumper wants to get another minority behind bars. Garrett went too far, but trying to get him arrested would also be too far.

But it was assault... You can cry all you want about it but "sir he was MAGA" isn't a excuse that holds up in court. Mason doesn't have to file charges, the police can if they see fit.

Trup1aya

Literally a train safety expert
Oct 25, 2017
no, it wasn't and was made clear in his reaction to the penalty. He didn't realize he hit him in the helmet, but that is conspicuously absent from your tailored video. It was very unfortunate, though.

All of those were clearly unintentional.

Seems you haven't been watching this morning.

You think Randall's hit was unintentional? Really? He made no attempt to play the ball, and no attempt to wrap for a tackle. He simply lead with his head to lay the wood on at guy who hasn't no clue he was coming. I played DB for many years- we know EXACTLY what's his intentions were Based on his form (or lack their of)

May 25, 2019
London
I get why people would think this, but given that the NFL won't even ban players who have killed people or beaten and raped women they are not going to ban a plate for something like this.

He is gonna get 8-10 games and the it will be reduced to 6 after appeal.

This is horrible to say, but I think they feel they can hide behind law enforcement in those cases because those are "off-field" incidents and they just point to "the process" when asked about it.

This happened in a game to another player. They have no excuse they can use that it isn't their responsibility to throw the book at him

OP
OP

Mr.Awesome

Banned
Nov 4, 2017
It's funny seeing people calling for a lifetime ban. Like bruh... no lol
I dont think he gets a lifetime ban but yeah I dont see the thought ridiculous. Using a weapon at work in front of millions of people....not the smartest. Actually if he wasnt a former #1 pick and rather a journeyman 55th guy, I could definitely see it.

Deleted member 18400

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I played my fair share of football games (age of 5 to college football champ) so I'll weigh in on this real quick...

Here's the sequence of events: Myles commits an RTP(roughing the passer) > Mason in retaliation tries to rip his helmet off and kicks/punches him > Myles in retaliation rips off Mason's helmet and walks away > Mason then charges Myles, grabs him in the junk and lunges for his neck > Myles swings his helmet at him.

Those are all in the rule book.

The part I highlighted is just clearly wrong. At no point did Myles walk away. He was pushed apart while ripping Mason's helmet off by other Steelers. And then swung his helmet at Mason. At no point did he EVER turn or attempt to walk away.

Rudolph deserve a 4 game suspension for instigating a fight.

Garret deserve a lifetime ban for attempting to cave in a human beings skull with a football helmet.

est1992

Oct 27, 2017
Too much to sort through, they'll probably ignore them and just focus on the others. At some point they'll realize that four scrawny officials ain't gonna stop those guys and need help.

iareharSon

Oct 30, 2017
I think the Browns need to be fined as well. They clearly have a culture problem at the moment, and it needs fixing.

Update: Indefinitely suspended

Smokeymicpot

Oct 25, 2017

EJbanKaXYAI0NVf.jpg%3Alarge

Myles Garrett is suspended indefinitely. Pouncey suspended 3 games.

Violence Jack

Drive-in Mutant
Oct 25, 2017
A lifetime ban? It will never happen except maybe if a player intentionally kills another player on the field. Albert Haynesworth intentionally stomped on the head of a helmet-less player back in 2005 and got suspended for 5 games. Myles might get 10 at the most which gets negotiated down to like 6 after he agrees to take anger management.

Dec 12, 2017
The part I highlighted is just clearly wrong. At no point did Myles walk away. He was pushed apart while ripping Mason's helmet off by other Steelers. And then swung his helmet at Mason. At no point did he EVER turn or attempt to walk away.

Rudolph deserve a 4 game suspension for instigating a fight.

Garret deserve a lifetime ban for attempting to cave in a human beings skull with a football helmet.
A 4 game suspension for a scrum that happens almost every game??? You're joking right?

Coyote Starrk

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
Hyperbole to drive the point that that shit was avoidable but he didn't give a fuck about consequences.
That person wasn't talking about Garrett hitting Rudolph. They were talkingg about the unintentional bad hits from earlier in the game. Then you compared those unintentional hits to a drink driver hitting someone.

That's a false equivalency.

May 25, 2019
London
A lifetime ban? It will never happen except maybe if a player intentionally kills another player on the field. Albert Haynesworth intentionally stomped on the head of a helmet-less player back in 2005 and got suspended for 5 games. Myles might get 10 at the most which gets negotiated down to like 6 after he agrees to take anger management.

People bring up Haynesworth for good reason as its the closest thing we have to this, but my reasoning was that the NFL has been talking a big game about player safety in recent years, especially with head injuries - and this just flies in the face of all of that

He probably won't because he was a #1 overall pick but I would really like to see it happen. This should never happen in an NFL game.

Bob Beat

Oct 25, 2017
whatttt no way. That's part of the game, players try to get under players skin in all sports all the time. Marcus Smart is the king of getting players to snap and pulling a tech. You have got to have better self control than that shit.
I'm not saying anything Garrett did was good, reasonable or anything less than out of control.

But there's a reason people get fined or suspended for escalating. But I don't expect even a minor fine for Rudolph.