• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

What type of theme would you like for the OT to be based on weekly?

• Headlines from the previous week

Votes: 64 28.1%
  • Upcoming game of the week

Votes: 38 16.7%
  • Random Stuff

Votes: 31 13.6%
  • Whatever Fanto comes up with

Votes: 95 41.7%

• Total voters

Striker

Oct 25, 2017
Eli didn't play that bad against Cowboys. He can't control his horrific defense.

(Please keep playing Eli)
They kept moving the ball that game; ridiculous playcalling sputtered the drives. Short yardage? Lets roll out a 38 year old pocket passer and run Eli Penny in the other.

Maybe the playbook is opened more with a mobile QB in the offense. He can't do much if his starting WRs Bennie Fowler and Cody Latimer. There's no separation. When Shepard and Tate are in, then possibly Slayton, it will be more interesting to watch.

effzee

Oct 26, 2017
NJ

They may not get it but I've been saying it. BOB fucked it up for everybody

The Eagles are probably out if its 2 first round picks and they stick to it.

I'd still do it but then again I am not as big on picks as fans usually are. I'd sign Chris Long (he's hinting that he could be talked back into it) and trade for Ramsey.

Tamanon

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Nobody's giving two firsts for Ramsey.

I would actually be shocked if he doesn't end up signing a long term deal later this season. Especially if Marrone is on the way out.

Tamanon

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It's a QB graveyard out here

Andrew Luck - Retired
Drew Brees - Injured
Ben Roethlisberger - Injured (Season Ending)
Eli Manning - Benched
Nick Foles - Injured (Season Ending)
Cam Newton - Injured
Trevor Siemian - Injured (Season Ending)
Sam Darnold - Mono

Anyone else?

Foles could be back by Week 11. Just a lot of the season missed.

Hindl

Oct 25, 2017
The Eagles are probably out if its 2 first round picks and they stick to it.

I'd still do it but then again I am not as big on picks as fans usually are. I'd sign Chris Long (he's hinting that he could be talked back into it) and trade for Ramsey.
2 firsts would be too much when you consider the contract he's about to give. With Wentz now locked up and several big veterans reaching the point in their contracts where they're the most expensive, draft picks are way more valuable. Eagles won't have a lot of cap maneuverability even before Ramsey, so if they do get him, being able to get a starting caliber player for 5 years on a rookie deal is too precious.

1 first, or a first and a later pick would be fine. 2 firsts would be too much tho

MechDX

Oct 25, 2017

And that's why you trade for Tunsil. The line from this past Sunday included the Texans first round pick at LG. Watsons blindside protected next 5-6 years.

QBs health is devalued compared to draft picks is dumb

verygooster

Oct 25, 2017
New Jersey
EEq1B5oXYAAqpDa

jviggy43

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
You wanna use a two game sample size to make a point including a game against the Dolphins and tell me I'M pushing a narrative? lol

Brady is still very effective within the Pats offense that's designed around his abilities. That said, if I was building a team of current players to try and win a SB this season I'd pick at least 10 other QBs before Brady.
I'm not gonna continue to argue with you over it. You can continue taking the L all season and well be happy to keep bringing it up.
don't argue with a lolphins fan who is used to watching chad pennington and Tannehill all of his life and feels a 6 times super bowl winning qb isn't good enough
Oh yeah. From here on out I'll just be sure to check in every week when brady is still throwing bombs to dorsett, gordon and possibly brown to see how that "above average" qb argument is sitting.

Doom

Oct 27, 2017
New Jersey
To think we could've had Mahomes, Juju, and Kamara back in 2017 and passed on all 3 for two safeties and ArDarius Stewart :(

dred

Oct 27, 2017
I'm not gonna continue to argue with you over it. You can continue taking the L all season and well be happy to keep bringing it up.

Oh yeah. From here on out I'll just be sure to check in every week when brady is still throwing bombs to dorsett, gordon and possibly brown to see how that "above average" qb argument is sitting.
By the way if you actually looked at the source I posted regarding Brady's deep ball accuracy last season you would see it accounts for your "no deep targets" argument.

Accuracy percentage can differ greatly from completion percentage. Aside from straight up drops, accurate passes are counted on incomplete passes if the receiver can't keep two feet in bounds on a pass he should have had no problem hauling in, some Hail Marys, some pass disruptions (depending on the placement), etc.

On the other hand, completions where the receiver has to make an unnecessary adjustment are punished as inaccurate passes. Back-shoulder passes are not included in here for obvious reasons, but passes where the receiver has to go out of his way just to make a catch are. (Just watch a highlight reel of Odell Beckham, or DeAndre Hopkins before Deshaun Watson.) As such, accurate incompletions and inaccurate completions have returned for this edition, though the amount is drastically reduced since the 16- to 20-yard throws from the past are removed from the equation.

But by all means, keep looking at Brady's YPA stat that's inflated by YAC from guys like Edelman, Brown, and the RB's to convince yourself he's "still throwing bombs."

37.5% isn't too bad for a 42 year old, you should honestly be pretty pleased with it.

Jerm411

Oct 27, 2017
Clinton, MO
Brett Veach really gonna sit here and let Ramsey go somewhere else huh....

This is a move you make if you want to be a big boy and win a Super Bowl.

We aren't beating the Pats, esp. in Foxboro, with this secondary.

Jiraiya

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah, and Jags would never trade him here. Would Ramsey like it here though? Colts play a lot of zone and Ramsey wants to be a man corner.

I doubt the jags would, but I think he'd like it here. Eberflus has been playing more man. Ya-Sin's man skills is a big reason he was the first player taken by the colts.

Hindl

Oct 25, 2017

Bitanator

Oct 27, 2017
[/QUOTE]
2 firsts would be too much when you consider the contract he's about to give. With Wentz now locked up and several big veterans reaching the point in their contracts where they're the most expensive, draft picks are way more valuable. Eagles won't have a lot of cap maneuverability even before Ramsey, so if they do get him, being able to get a starting caliber player for 5 years on a rookie deal is too precious.

1 first, or a first and a later pick would be fine. 2 firsts would be too much tho

Never underestimate the ultimate negotiator Roseman, he will swindle the Jags into a deal