• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

What type of theme would you like for the OT to be based on weekly?

• Headlines from the previous week

Votes: 64 28.1%
  • Upcoming game of the week

Votes: 38 16.7%
  • Random Stuff

Votes: 31 13.6%
  • Whatever Fanto comes up with

Votes: 95 41.7%

• Total voters

MechDX

Oct 25, 2017

Texans offense can be so good if the can figure out how to protect Watson. Imagine 4 wide with Stills and Fuller on the outside with Nuk and Cutee in the slot and Duke Johnson at RB

OP
OP
Fantomex

Fantomex

Oct 25, 2017
Brady kissed his kids early in life, so they don't have to deal with this when they're adults.

dred

Oct 27, 2017
Texans offense can be so good if the can figure out how to protect Watson. Imagine 4 wide with Stills and Fuller on the outside with Nuk and Cutee in the slot and Duke Johnson at RB
Best part is Watson has the arm to take advantage of those guys. Tannehill was no Brees or Watson. Texans WR group is scary, especially if Fuller stays healthy.

metalslimer

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I had Mono when I was a kid, but I don't remember the symptoms lasting 3-4 weeks

It's not the symptoms, but basically the only dangerous thing about it is that your spleen can enlarge if you play contact sports your spleen can rupture potentially killing you. If they are out of the playoff picture by the time he gets back he might just be out the whole season.

Another problem is there is no clear consensus on returning to play. His spleen might also not enlarge in which case he would just be sitting out til he recovers in a few weeeks.

Striker

Oct 25, 2017
Jets going to be in the top 5. Maybe Giants will too unless the defense grows up fast. 😑

Ashby

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
a high school football player some years back had undiagnosed mono, took a hit, spleen exploded and died on the way to the hospital

Deleted member 1086

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Boise Area, Idaho
525875.jpg

grand

Oct 25, 2017
I had Mono when I was a kid, but I don't remember the symptoms lasting 3-4 weeks
Mono is one of those weird sicknesses where it's pretty minor as a kid but will fuck you up as an adult. But the real concern here is probably the spleen enlargement, which can explode if you try to play any contact sports.

effzee

Oct 26, 2017
NJ
The Jets were the closest a few times lol (and the only one to win the division in a Brady season)

Glass-made Pennington and Mark Sanchez's extremely short peak both had some runs

The point is nothing sustained. All 3 teams have missed on QBs over and over and turned over HC/GM/FO multiple times. It's almost harder for 3 teams to fail this bad for this long. You would have thought they would have lucked into a franchise QB by now. Even 1 of them.

Dougieflesh

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Ptolemaios
You could make a decent argument that Ryan Fitzpatrick is the best Qb all 3 of those organizations have had since Tom cane into the league.

DarthWalden

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I've been preaching for years that the biggest reason new England has won as many titles as they have is because of the cupcake division they are in which all just assures a playoff spot and likely a few home games in the playoffs.

The span that they weren't able to win any championships happened to be during the same period that the jets and dolphins to a lesser extent were actually competitive.

effzee

Oct 26, 2017
NJ
Y'all keep forgetting all the cheating.

Yes, of course, that too. The fact that they felt the need to cheat even when they play in this crap division makes it even worse.

Anyway would not be shocked to see the Jets try to poach Nate Sudfeld from the Eagles. If Sam is out for a considerable time, they either give up on the season or see if the confidence Joe Douglas showed in Nate when he was with the Eagles still holds true.

Rvaan

Oct 25, 2017
Guice getting hurt again is both sad and par for the course for the Redskins under Snyder. The team is cursed as long as he owns it.

Hindl

Oct 25, 2017
Don't get too used to it. He will be re-joining the Eagles the instant they have another injury.
Eh maybe. It would have to be a DE injury specifically (although I'd give him DE3 immediately anyway). But the way he talked about it, he sounded open to returning but likened it to going back to an ex when they ask for you again. A bit pathetic

Deleted member 11421

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The point is nothing sustained. All 3 teams have missed on QBs over and over and turned over HC/GM/FO multiple times. It's almost harder for 3 teams to fail this bad for this long. You would have thought they would have lucked into a franchise QB by now. Even 1 of them.

One of those was primarily due to injury, I personally don't equate it on the same level as missing on a pick. And Sanchez's draft was historically bad, there really wasn't a better pick for the Jets available.

After that though, yeah, nothing but terrible decisions...though too early to tell for Darnold. I think the 00s Jets were overachievers, yet also underrated simply because the Patriots were so great.

But what's the line for a true franchise QB? Tannehill looked good for a while and holds a bunch of Dolphins records, though no playoffs. Pennington managed to make it 4 times, which is more than most QBs of this decade can say.

More importantly, outside of the year the Dolphins took Jake Long, none of these teams had a #1 pick, which is typically where your top franchise QB prospect goes.

Basically, they've been bad, but not bad enough to get the best shot at the most promising talent. At least half of the league is in that same level of mediocrity on a consistent basis.