• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

dred

Oct 27, 2017
Ugh, I'm so disgusted with Brees right now I'm honestly speechless... A Perdue graduate wearing an LSU jacket... Disgraceful.

Oct 25, 2017
Not sure why anyone would be surprised by Brees being MAGA. He was just shilling for anti gay groups not too long ago.

He is worse than Brady

HeavenlyE

Oct 27, 2017
Calm down no one is worse then brady.
giphy.gif

JCizzle

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
That picture is going to be on every page of these threads next year when the saints are playing lol 🤦‍♂️

Tragicomedy

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Lol, keep doubting the Titans, Chiefs fans. The Ravens and Pats fans did the same thing, and look how that turned out....

The Chiefs beat both those teams. Should they be more or less impressed with the Titans?

Tennessee is built around running the ball. The Chiefs run D is vastly improved but not great. If the Chiefs do what the typically do on offense and score a bunch early, what are the Titans going to do? Keep running the ball? Trust Tannehill to beat Mahomes in a shootout?

No playoff game is easy, but if you're implying the Chiefs should be terrified that's absurd. Going into the playoffs, I couldn't have picked a better AFC bracket outcome than this. We much preferred this over Baltimore. Now we'll see the answers on the field.

Tamanon

Oct 25, 2017
I mean... Chiefs did lose to the Titans before.... And Henry had 188 and 2 TDS then...

I'd be at least a little concerned!

rycisko

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
The closer to this weekend we get the more optimistic I become of the Packers pulling off the upset. 2010 vibes of going into Atlanta, going down 7-14 then scoring 5 straight TDs including that killer Tramon pick 6 before half. That's what Im dreaming about right now!

That 49ers D tho...Nightmares

digitalrelic

Weight Loss Champion 2018: Biggest Change
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The closer to this weekend we get the more optimistic I become of the Packers pulling off the upset. 2010 vibes of going into Atlanta, going down 7-14 then scoring 5 straight TDs including that killer Tramon pick 6 before half. That's what Im dreaming about right now!

That 49ers D allowed, 20, 46, 29, 31, and 21 points over the last 5 weeks of the season. They aren't unbeatable.

Doomsayer

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
That 49ers D allowed, 20, 46, 29, 31, and 21 points over the last 5 weeks of the season. They aren't unbeatable.
While missing 4 starters.

You saw what we did last week with our defense healthy. I don't think this is going to be cakewalk, it's going to be a tough grind it out game, but those stats don't tell the whole story. We also only allowed 8 points in the first matchup down 2 starters (Kwon and Ford).

Nov 27, 2017
California
1st season Super Bowl
Packers vs chiefs
100th season super bowl
Packers vs chiefs

nfl catering to the over 100 year old nfl fans, rigged

Jimmy Gonna do it instead

digitalrelic

Weight Loss Champion 2018: Biggest Change
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
While missing 4 starters.

You saw what we did last week with our defense healthy. I don't think this is going to be cakewalk, it's going to be a tough grind it out game, but those stats don't tell the whole story. We also only allowed 8 points in the first matchup down 2 starters (Kwon and Ford).

We'll see. Green Bay held Minnesota to 10 points as well, just a few weeks prior.

Sulik2

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
It will be interesting. I'm not convinced they are a great defense yet despite being very impressed by what they've done. Baltimore was able to move the ball relatively easily, but just couldn't finish. Stopping that Chiefs offense from scoring is going to be a pretty high task... they're just so fast with so many options

The best D against a high powered offense is to never let them get the ball. D Henry with 30+ carries and 150+ yards and the Titans win.

linkboy

Oct 26, 2017
Reno
I'm calling it now. Niners lose by 3 scores. Jimmy G looks like an absolute scrub the whole game.

SF could lose this game, but there's no way their defense is going to get beat like that. If they lose, it'll be like every other game they've lost this year, right down to the wire and driving my blood pressure/stress level up.

duxstar

Oct 26, 2017
K

While the niners are the best team

I've been reminded WAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY to much this week how the nfl would "LOVE" to have a repeat of superbowl 1 in it's 100th Superbowl; and I'm reminded how the packers get "helpful" calls in clutch situations (See: Detroit earlier in the year)

In short; I think the niners are the more complete team, Aaron Rodgers scares me, and the Ref's and Goodell scare me more

Oct 28, 2017
California
1st season Super Bowl
Packers vs chiefs
100th season super bowl
Packers vs chiefs

nfl catering to the over 100 year old nfl fans, rigged

Jimmy Gonna do it instead
Yes

I'm okay with anything just as long as Packers lose.
Yes
Yes

I'm calling it now. Niners lose by 3 scores. Jimmy G looks like an absolute scrub the whole game.

No

The Albatross

Oct 25, 2017
Chiefs had that Tennessee game wrapped up. A series of unbelievable things happened at the end of that game to give it away. For the majority of the game, it wasnt even close. Here is the win probability throughout to emphasize the point.

kDYFdZn_d.jpg

Eh these win probability things are so silly. I think they exist solely to be like "OMG HOUSTON WAS 98% WIN PROBABILITY AND THEY LOSSSTTTT." I don't even know if they take into account who is playing, but just run through a billion score scenarios and come up with probability numbers, as if football scoring scenarios are all coin flips.

Like this one:

D79aTkP.png

Houston is leading 21-0 in the 2nd quarter which has something like a 99% win probability ... which is higher than Kansas City leading 51-31 with 5mins left after outscoring them 51-7 for 3 quarters........

These things are just so goofy.

Vegas is still the best probability manager I think, and something Bill Simmons mentioned was when Houston was up 21-0 or 24-0, the money line on KC had barely shifted in live betting. Vegas was confident that 24 points and 3 quarters was not nearly enough time to put KC away.

MangoUltz

Mar 24, 2019
I'm having a hard time looking past the Niners and Chiefs. I think Niners handle the Packers no problem and the Titans run has been fun but the Chiefs are coming in hot and will blow them away I think.

Mahomes to win it out now.

MrCheezball

Banned
Aug 3, 2018
Eh these win probability things are so silly. I think they exist solely to be like "OMG HOUSTON WAS 98% WIN PROBABILITY AND THEY LOSSSTTTT." I don't even know if they take into account who is playing, but just run through a billion score scenarios and come up with probability numbers.

Like this one:

D79aTkP.png

Houston is leading 21-0 in the 2nd quarter which has something like a 99% win probability ... which is higher than Kansas City leading 51-31 with 5mins left after outscoring them 51-7 for 3 quarters........

These things are just so goofy.

Vegas is still the best probability manager I think, and something Bill Simmons mentioned was when Houston was up 21-0 or 24-0, the money line on KC had barely shifted in live betting. Vegas was confident that 24 points and 3 quarters was not nearly enough time to put KC away.

I was posting that more of a reminder that while the Titans did in fact win, about ten things went wrong at the very end to ensure that happened. Point being KC dominated that game, and I dont see that flukiness occurring again.

effzee

Oct 26, 2017
NJ
Eagles apparently looking at former NFL players Hines Ward and Bobby Engram as their new WRs coach. I would be fine with either of them.

Then target Kris Richard for DB coach and Joe Brady for OC.

NaturalHigh

Oct 27, 2017
I don't see why the NFL would care about a Super Bowl I rematch. If the refs make bad calls in either game it will be because they have made terrible calls all year and not because of some rematch narrative. I fully expect the "fans" to blame the refs at some point this weekend though. The conspiracy will be real if the Packers win.

As a non biased fan, I predict Niners win 40-30. Chiefs beat Titans 24-16.

DarthWalden

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Let's

That's always the dream, that game was so much fun.

Having said that this 49ers team poses a much bigger threat to this Packers team than that Falcons team did.

If you want some hope the Packers can win I'd actually look towards what they did in Seattle in 2014. They were a 7 point underdog then, Seattle had a similarly tough defense, and had beat them by double digits earlier in the year.

They came with an us against the world, backs against the wall mentality and barring that last minute miracle comeback they would have gone on to the superbowl.

Last edited: