• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Fantomex

Oct 25, 2017
KeeJMGE.jpg

vxguhcL.jpg

NLaLfF6.jpg

OP
OP
Fantomex

Fantomex

Oct 25, 2017
DRAGONBALL POWER LEVELS
(CURRENT CANNON)
dReqWnX.jpg

WRESTLING POWER LEVELS
(MID 90'S ERA, BACKSTAGE POLITICS INCLUDED)
4muSYJY.jpg

Martinski

Jan 15, 2019
Göteborg
Rooting for Brees and Chiefs here after my Cowboys checked out in divisionals. Was a good run after being 3 - 5 after a loss to the Titans, never expected Play offs and much less a play off win.

effzee

Oct 26, 2017
NJ
I never thought there was much market for Foles last year, and I don't think there will be one this year. Last year when Polian said they should start any conversation at 2 first round picks was an underrated really stupid thing said on television. Foles would be dumb to buy out his option if the Eagles exercise it. He belongs in Philly. Carson needs a solid backup until he proves he can stay healthy. I don't think there will be a controversy since enough of the bad Nick was on display in 2018.

Still, Favre has some good points. Specific to the Eagles, Foles is awesome at times. Great comparison to Brady, who would never be the success he is on another team. Pederson sets Nick up for success the same way Belichick does for Brady

As soon as I saw the Kyler Murray news I had the sinking feeling he is going to get drafted by WAS. I hope he keeps his leverage into draft season to stay away from awful situations like that

While I don't think a trade market exists for him if he buys his FA, I do think teams like the Jags, Broncos, and maybe the Giants will be super interested. Maybe Wash also gets interested? Oak and Miami if they are done with their current QBs.

Which is why he and his agent will insist that the team doesn't franchise tag him, exercise the option, and then he pays back $2M to get to FA.

He isn't coming back to Philly to back up Wentz unless he really hates all his options outside of the Eagles.

Why? He'd make more money on a new deal. This is the chance for him to cash out with some nice guaranteed money while he still has some hype.

Apparently, Nick comes from wealth so money hasn't been his #1 Priority. And after his experience with the Rams and Fisher he almost quit football. So while I am sure he wants to be paid and to be a clear cut #1 Starting QB on a team, he won't just go tot he highest bidder.

Violence Jack

Drive-in Mutant
Oct 25, 2017
Going with the home teams. Pats barely beat the Chiefs in Foxboro this season, and are 3-5 on the road. I just don't think the Rams offense is as good without Cooper Kupp, and they're too inexperienced to win a conference championship game on the road.

squicken

Oct 27, 2017
effzee I just don't see him getting more that $20m in FA, and I don't think there will be much of a trade market if he is under contract at that number. But it sure seems like he thought he was leaving so it will be interesting where he goes

Violence Jack

Drive-in Mutant
Oct 25, 2017
My family full of Falcons fans are going to be so heated if the Saints win a SB in their dome.

Eros

Oct 27, 2017
Anybody the eliminates Brady or defeats him gets a lifetime of appreciation from me. I'd like to add you to that small list, Mahomes.

effzee

Oct 26, 2017
NJ
effzee I just don't see him getting more that $20m in FA, and I don't think there will be much of a trade market if he is under contract at that number. But it sure seems like he thought he was leaving so it will be interesting where he goes

If I am a GM of a team that is a legit SB contender but held back by subpar QB play, I make an offer to Nick Foles for 23-25 per year on a 6-year deal. Something like that. Esp if he does end up becoming a FA. The only team that makes sense for is the Jags. If they draft a QB, by the time that rookie is ready for a run, the core might be gone.

StrmSrg

Oct 26, 2017
Louisiana
It turns out that Armstead wasn't at 100% and played through a lot of pain, but he called it "a good terrible feeling". That fills me with all sorts of emotions about this game and the o-line, but that's just how it is. With Rankins down, Onyomata will have to step up, but he's proven to be no scrub especially defending the run so I have faith in him. Talib is back from vacation and ready to cover Thomas this time, so those underthrown passes to Ginn have to be better. Peters will most likely cover him for what that's worth. I'd like to attribute the slow start and subsequent strong performance to 3 weeks of rust and Dennis Allen adjustments, but we'll have to see. Like the last meeting, I'm incredibly nervous but I also believe in this team to adapt to whatever this game throws at them as I've seen them do throughout the year.

GEAUX SAINTS!!!

And for what it's worth, Bret Hart is my favorite wrestler on that list by far. Sharpshooter's also just a good, practical submission if we're being honest.

FYI, Rams and Saints actually have met in the playoffs once before way back in 2000 and it ended up being the Saints's first playoff win ever. Here's the final play.

Also turns out that Taysom can actually throw the ball competently. Huh.

Last edited:

squicken

Oct 27, 2017
What happens in ATL if the Saints win a SB there? Does the city disband? Shame towels in the summer?

Mudcrab

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
What happens in ATL if the Saints win a SB there? Does the city disband? Shame towels in the summer?

They should let us hang a banner there, celebrating the stadium's first playoff win.

Also turns out that Taysom can actually throw the ball competently. Huh.

lol I can recall 2 deep throws Taysom made this year. One was an endzone int, the other was a TD called back on offensive holding.

Lifendz

Oct 27, 2017
Really sucks losing Rankins. He was having the best year of his young career by far. Rams are tough but at least the team got to shake off the rust against the Eagles. They should get off to a much better start which isn't saying much.

And Good lord at a 7 degree high in Kansas City.

StrmSrg

Oct 26, 2017
Louisiana
They should let us hang a banner there, celebrating the stadium's first playoff win.

Yeh

lol I can recall 2 deep throws Taysom made this year. One was an endzone int, the other was a TD called back on offensive holding.

I remember him throwing a 50 yard bomb in the Minnesota game to Thomas only for him to drop it because of pass interference.

And if you count the preseason, he threw a bunch in the loss to the Cardinals(!?) and it was truly awful. He threw 2 ints but it could've been 5 if it wasn't the Cards. 3 fumbles too.

Panic Freak

Oct 26, 2017
I'd rather have either of the NFC teams win over either of the AFC teams. I'm a Broncos fan rooting for the Chiefs. Kill me.

Bronx-Man

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Let's see:

Fuck the Rams for knocking us out
Fuck the Pats because, duh

Chiefs/Saints SB it is! I'd be fine with either of those winning it all.

Witness

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Hartford, CT
My family full of Falcons fans are going to be so heated if the Saints win a SB in their dome.

After their SB collapse, it's the next logical escalation point for the Saints to win a Super Bowl in their shiny building. Saints would also take over their practice facility that week....

xMwXfvu.gif

Saints brehs, we in here this time! WHO DAT?!

Who Dat! 2009 feels like yesterday and also a lifetime ago, I want Brees to retire with a 2nd ring.

They're gonna burn that goddamn stadium to the ground. Can you imagine Patriots vs Saints there? They would lose their fucking minds.

Status
Not open for further replies.