• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

effzee

Oct 26, 2017
NJ
On the Wentz nonsense - it's hilarious, lazy, dumb, and but so Philly. Maybe it happens everywhere else too but my god does this fanbase and some of the local writers go out of their way to create division or QB controversy. This city loves to turn on its stars and can't wait to run them out of town.

Glad to see the team leaders come out and call out the nonsense for what it is. By my count Malcolm Jenkins, Nate Sudfeld (3rd string QB), Fletcher Cox, Chris Long, Smallwood, Brandon Brooks, Lane Johnson, Jason Kelce, Avonte Maddox, and maybe 1-2 others have all come out and said this is nonsense.

Add Chris Maragos and Rodney McLeod to this list. Man, I can't wait for next season!

For the Super Bowl, the Patriots are going with the whites.

You aren't Tom Penny!

Instro

Oct 25, 2017
https://www.chiefs.com/news/bob-sutton-relieved-of-defensive-coordinator-duties

Eiaha.gif

It's kind of crazy how far the defense ended up falling under Sutton after the first few years. Ultimately his shortcomings were being masked by exceptional players, particularly on field leaders like DJ and Berry. While I don't think the loss on Sunday is totally his, the writing was on the wall all year. It's one thing to get beaten, it's another to go most of the season with dudes not tackling, and fielding the wrong talent until late in the year.

bastardly

Nov 8, 2017
Are people seriously pushing the narrative that refs give out warnings before calling obvious penalties? Go home, Andy, you're hungry.
i think i heard, they usually do if youre like a lil over, and warn you after to watch it, but this dude was like a half body over, he fucked up and acknowedged it. reid needs to shut the fuck up, dee ford had an unforced error, blame your coaches

Twstr709

Oct 27, 2017

This was on the interception in OT. Many calls also missed that would have benefited Rams. That ref crew needs to not be in the NFL next season.

Omnistalgic

self-requested temp ban
Oct 27, 2017
NJ
I hope Brady wins and retires. Gotta go out like Payton man...

I can't watch these anymore as a pats fans tho, gives me anxiety. It's fun for you team to always be in it, but enough is enough Thomas! Lol

Win one more and do a commercial with MJ.

Blitzrules240

Self requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Midwest
Brady's not retiring

Belichick's not retiring.

Patriots have 12 draft picks for the 2019 Draft.

See y'all in February 2020 for another Patriots lore rematch
vod_pft_patriotsbears_181019.jpg

NinjaScooter

Oct 25, 2017
That guy's banned from the league for life if that's Brady and not Brees

Probably, but I'm still glad they didn't call it. I'm all for protecting QBs and offensive players in general but save the penalties for actual intentional headhunting not incidental, harmless contact that isn't really in the spirit of the rule. If we are talking about introducing more replay options, being able to review roughing the passer should another one.

spyder_ur

Oct 25, 2017
He hit the ball and the arm first. Incidental contact like that shouldn't be called. If anything that pic is a sign that maybe rules should change as opposed to refs.

I totally agree - in my opinion it's only fair to penalize the defender insofar as the contact is the result of the defender's body movements, rather than circumstance or through unpredictable movement by the offensive player.

I actually think they've had some success here - you're seeing way less launching then you used to. There are also cases where even if the rulebook doesn't change, the interpretation is legislated into an acceptable spot for the game, whether that's appropriate or not. There were a ton of chances for them to call helmet to helmet hits - Edelman a couple times, the missed PI, and several other times. They've basically totally swallowed the whistle on those after all the talk earlier this year.

Gigglepoo

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I still have one question from Sunday's games: How come the Chiefs recovery of the (overturned) fumbled punt wasn't ruled a TD?

spyder_ur

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, I never quite understood why muffed punts are treated differently than other fumbles on the field. Maybe it has to do with the likelihood of it being returned for a TD, given that there are usually very few blockers available to recover, and the overall movement of the play?

Gigglepoo

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
You can't advance a muffed punt, it's essentially like it getting downed by the punting team. Yeah, it's dumb though.

You can advance fumbled punts though!

I wonder why this rule exists. Really dumb that you can return fumbled punts but not muffed punts.

Yeah, I never quite understood why muffed punts are treated differently than other fumbles on the field. Maybe it has to do with the likelihood of it being returned for a TD, given that there are usually very few blockers available to recover, and the overall movement of the play?

Are people against cool special team TDs, though? Why is that a problem? The NFL is just bizarre sometimes.

It's also weird that you can't return an onsides kick recovery. Why? That would be such a badass ending!

Status
Not open for further replies.