• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

JEH

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
I know you will all be rooting for America's team, the New Orleans Saints this weekend.

OP
OP
Fantomex

Fantomex

Oct 25, 2017
Thread Title really needs to be changed - it's the Conference Championships. The Division Champions are decided during the regular season.
Forgive Fantomex , he only recently bandwagoned to a winning team.
Wow just noticed the thread title. Such a strong regular season and now Fantomex pulls a Falcons with the playoffs thread

3GDl.gif

OP
OP
Fantomex

Fantomex

Oct 25, 2017
Antonio is a dumb ass. Happens to all these players, they're entourage ends up costing them money and power. If he had the right people in his camp he wouldn't even be on twitter.

MRYEAH

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
The hall across the room
Chiefs
Rams
and I can sleep at night right?
There is no black cloud since Atlanta United won a championship in that building AND YES THAT MATTERS HERE
If after talking to Rich Mckay (Falcons President) He doesn't mind if the Saints use their facilties and really likes talking to Sean Payton
why should the fanbase lose their minds
i have been consistent in Brady Brees are the 2 best qb's for years
Gleason made me cry 4-5x
Saints fans are awesome when you talk football with them
Very simuliar to Ravens -Steelers we both understand and respect each other
Although Rich did say he has a rooting interest in the Rams since his son works for that staff(scout)
As a Steeler fan I have so much respect for the Patriots
But I really want people to finally give Andy Reid his props
Pat Mahomes is Rodgers 2010 he's the most fun and talent you have ever seen
BTW fun fact you may not know to get a Super Bowl media credential you must pass an FBI Screening

effzee

Oct 26, 2017
NJ
Does Brees retire if he wins the SB? Has he mentioned anything about how long he would like to continue to play?

bmdubya

Nov 1, 2017
Colorado
I haven't been this excited for a football game for a long time. As someone who has been a Chiefs fan for a long time, I can't remember the last time we've had such an exciting team. The Patriots will be tough, and no matter what happens on Sunday, this has been the most exciting season in a long, long time.

effzee

Oct 26, 2017
NJ
I don't care for Reid, esp the way he left Philly and the shit he did the last 3 seasons there, but I am coming around to rooting for them out of this final 4.

Don't ever want the Pats to ever win again.
Rams would be ok. Peters and Talib are a huge turn-off
Can't stand Sean Payton.

Reid, Mahomes, and Chiefs it is.

Citizencope

Oct 28, 2017
Patriots haven't been to the Super Bowl in almost a year. Come on Pats! This city is starving for a championship.

Mudcrab

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
Does Brees retire if he wins the SB? Has he mentioned anything about how long he would like to continue to play?

Seems to be the speculation around here including my own. Brees was asked in an Athletic interview if he could play til 45 and he said yes, if that's something he wanted, but also said he would be gone long before that.

I dont want to see many years of noodle arm Brees so I'm hoping he gets to sunset with another ring.

Deleted member 12224

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/01/16/julian-edelman-posts-betagainstus-video/

The Patriots have not played the part of underdog much in their dynasty: This week marks only the second time they have played the role since 2007. And the Patriots are loving it.

Tom Brady, after saying postgame Sunday that "everyone thinks we suck and you know, can't win any games," smiled Wednesday when asked about the Chiefs being favored.

"It doesn't change much for us, but it just kind of shows what people think our chances are," the quarterback said, via Zack Cox of NESN.

Julian Edelman posted a video on Twitter showing his feeling about it. The 54-second clip features Chiefs highlights before ending with Brady's quote "bet against us." (He also has a separate tweet linking to his julianedelman.com site, selling T-shirts with the "Bet against us" slogan on them.)

-----------------------

Underdogs for the second time in 12 years and it's us-against-the-world. Hahahahahahahaha fuck you.

When this grotesque AFC East as a False Flag era of football ends, and under-35 Pats fans are surprised to learn that, much like the Cavs post-LeBron, no one outside of New England cares about the franchise anymore, the world will be a better place. A normal place.

Euron

Oct 27, 2017
Only positive of the Pats winning is if the Saints also win then beat the Pats, I can troll Pats fans by saying that Brees is the real GOAT.

If it's Rams vs Pats the only thing I'll have is calling everyone who roots for the Pats a "Boomer"

Tebunker

Oct 25, 2017
I haven't been this excited for a football game for a long time. As someone who has been a Chiefs fan for a long time, I can't remember the last time we've had such an exciting team. The Patriots will be tough, and no matter what happens on Sunday, this has been the most exciting season in a long, long time.
Oh I can remember, Joe Montana and Marcus Allen and an amazing defense. We had one good season with Bono oh and we fucking put Grbac back in over Gannon holy hell what a shitshow I've witnessed too.

Seen some obscenely great defenses wasted.

ClickyCal'

Oct 25, 2017
Fuck the saints
Fuck the patriots

Go fatman go. Go win andy his first ring mahomes. Eagles fans still love him.

metalslimer

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Brees shouldnt retire if we won the superbowl unless we are going to commit to teddy. If we do win the team will likely be significantly worse next year though and this is probably his last real shot

Btw I have a lot of respect for how sean mcvay turned around fishers mess with the Rams so I'm glad we get a rematch of the best saints match this season

Also if we lose the chiefs better win for Rams-Chiefs pt 2

JEH

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Brees win the SB and retires.

We resign teddy to a 2-3 year deal. If he doesn't work out, we tank for Trevor Lawrence.

Oct 28, 2017
California
Doth Patriots haters: Peppereth thy angus. Lord Brady, the exalted One, will henceforth conquer all false idols.

God is dead. God remains dead. And we have killed him. How shall we comfort ourselves, the murderers of all murderers? Who will wipe this blood off us? What water is there for us to clean ourselves? What festivals of atonement, what sacred games shall we have to invent?

Witness

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Hartford, CT

As a Saints fan, yes I hope he does. What more does he need to do? Sure if Brady wants to play an extra year over Brees then he will probably get his passing yards and get the TD record but whatever. I'd rather him go out as a SB champion again. Winning back to back is incredibly improbable and difficult. Also, by playing longer his skills will deteriorate like Manning's did and he won't have a dominant defense like he did to fall back on. I don't know if anyone will be able to go out like Elway did.

Rodderick

Oct 25, 2017
As a Saints fan, yes I hope he does. What more does he need to do? Sure if Brady wants to play an extra year over Brees then he will probably get his passing yards and get the TD record but whatever. I'd rather him go out as a SB champion again. Winning back to back is incredibly improbable and difficult. Also, by playing longer his skills will deteriorate like Manning's did and he won't have a dominant defense like he did to fall back on. I don't know if anyone will be able to go out like Elway did.

Drew Brees, the guy that has games stopped midway through to celebrate his personal accomplishments, will not cut his career short when he's 20 TD passes away from passing Peyton for most ever. Not a chance.

Status
Not open for further replies.