• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

effzee

Oct 26, 2017
NJ
Losing Wilson sucks since the DL did great under him. At the same time, he wasn't really coaching up nobodies, he had a lot of talent to work with. It's easy to fuck that up still so he deserves some credit, but it's not a terrible situation. The other two guys, whatever. The WRs all seemed to regress when it came to lining up or getting separation this year under Brewer so I don't mind him leaving

Well, I hope he is leaving cause he is getting a better job somewhere else. Hate to see Wilson leave over money or something. Agreed about the other two.

Also reading that Chris Long (DE) wants more playing time. Odd he almost retired last year, is going to be 34, but now wants more playing time? He might get it if he comes back and with Graham leaving. More and more I think the Eagles top need and BPA in this draft point to the Eagles taking a DE/DT.

Really hope Jernigan restructures for more guaranteed money but a smaller cap hit.

OP
OP
Fantomex

Fantomex

Oct 25, 2017
Says that Fournette is lawyering up against the Jaguars tryna stop his guaranteed money

effzee

Oct 26, 2017
NJ
Wonder if the Eagles swing for any of the top FAs this off-season. They have very little wiggle room but obviously, after cuts, departures, and restructured contracts, they should have some money to play with.

If they let guys like Hicks and McLeod go, do they make a move for Earl Thomas? Mosley? Barr? Clark?

Says that Fournette is lawyering up against the Jaguars tryna stop his guaranteed money

Thought he and Coughlin had a meeting and everyone was seeing eye to eye and all was laid to rest.

Mudcrab

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
Nobody knows or cares about Fantomex, a character who will either never see the light of day in a Marvel film, or show up in Deadpool 3 just to die an untimely/comedic death. Turbo Tu-Tone will always be looked back fondly upon, along with the rest of COPS (80s babies have taste). Nobody will give a shit about whatshisface in another 2 years ago.

Absolute slander, not only was Fantomex one of the best things to come from Grant Morrison's legendary X-Men run, but he was phenomenal in Rick Remender's Uncanny X-force which is probably the cape comic run of the decade.

Even if that wasn't enough he clowns Gambit almost as well as Mr Sinister (pretty apt for this Sunday):
7wiUx.jpg

gambit-calls-fantomex-out-on-his-french-accent.jpg

OP
OP
Fantomex

Fantomex

Oct 25, 2017
Absolute slander, not only was Fantomex one of the best things to come from Grant Morrison's legendary X-Men run, but he was phenomenal in Rick Remender's Uncanny X-force which is probably the cape comic run of the decade.

Even if that wasn't enough he clowns Gambit almost as well as Mr Sinister (pretty apt for this Sunday):

7wiUx.jpg

He's a lost cause Mudcrab. We can't teach people good taste. Not even money can buy class.

Thought he and Coughlin had a meeting and everyone was seeing eye to eye and all was laid to rest.

Seems like that's a no dawg. Or maybe they never talked financial specifics?

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...rd-fournette-challenges-void-guaranteed-money

Hindl

Oct 25, 2017
Well, I hope he is leaving cause he is getting a better job somewhere else. Hate to see Wilson leave over money or something. Agreed about the other two.

Also reading that Chris Long (DE) wants more playing time. Odd he almost retired last year, is going to be 34, but now wants more playing time? He might get it if he comes back and with Graham leaving. More and more I think the Eagles top need and BPA in this draft point to the Eagles taking a DE/DT.

Really hope Jernigan restructures for more guaranteed money but a smaller cap hit.
I read that Long was considering retiring because he was worried about still being productive. He was productive enough this year and feels good so he thinks he might come back. I'd be glad to have him. He's a great leader and still under contract. And Jernigan pretty much has to restructure, he's barely played and could be cut with no money gained like you said
Wonder if the Eagles swing for any of the top FAs this off-season. They have very little wiggle room but obviously, after cuts, departures, and restructured contracts, they should have some money to play with.

If they let guys like Hicks and McLeod go, do they make a move for Earl Thomas? Mosley? Barr? Clark?

Hicks is a FA so he has no impact. They'll definitely bring McLeod back though, he's good, has experience in the system, and is still in his prime. And after the injury he'd take a restructure. If he doesn't, I could see cutting him, but that would be trying to fill another hole with someone who we aren't sure would work. And I'm with Kist and Solak on bringing Hicks back on something like a 3 year, $12M deal. That sounds about right given his injury history.

As for FA, it would be nice but I dunno how much they'll be able to do. I'd take Mosley or Earl but they'd probably demand too much money. Same with Clark, he's a good DE entering his prime. There's plenty of rookie DEs the Eagles could (and should) grab instead. I see the Eagles restructuring Jernigan, Agholor, and McLeod and bringing back Hicks and Mike Wallace, and then just filling out with some depth players in FA

effzee

Oct 26, 2017
NJ
I read that Long was considering retiring because he was worried about still being productive. He was productive enough this year and feels good so he thinks he might come back. I'd be glad to have him. He's a great leader and still under contract. And Jernigan pretty much has to restructure, he's barely played and could be cut with no money gained like you said

Hicks is a FA so he has no impact. They'll definitely bring McLeod back though, he's good, has experience in the system, and is still in his prime. And after the injury he'd take a restructure. If he doesn't, I could see cutting him, but that would be trying to fill another hole with someone who we aren't sure would work. And I'm with Kist and Solak on bringing Hicks back on something like a 3 year, $12M deal. That sounds about right given his injury history.

As for FA, it would be nice but I dunno how much they'll be able to do. I'd take Mosley or Earl but they'd probably demand too much money. Same with Clark, he's a good DE entering his prime. There's plenty of rookie DEs the Eagles could (and should) grab instead. I see the Eagles restructuring Jernigan, Agholor, and McLeod and bringing back Hicks and Mike Wallace, and then just filling out with some depth players in FA

Agreed mostly but you never know how the market goes, especially for safeties. We saw last year how top Safeties were still out on the market when the season began. What if the money Earl wants isn't there? The Honey Badget is also a FA. Mainly I want the Eagles to add there with a vet even if McLeod is brought back. Yes, Maddox filled in there but I rather he locks down a starting CB job than play out of position at safety.

The only way the Eagles get the better FAs is if after the players survey the market and realize the money and or terms aren't there and they are better of signing shorter-term deals.

DustyVonErich

Oct 31, 2017
Can someone please explain to why there is this narrative that the QB's on the opposing teams plays each other? As a Swede who has watched the sport over a decade now, since '07. More accurate description would be that the opposing coaches play and try to outsmart each other and that the QB is playing agains that teams defense. The QB's are never on the field at the same time playing against each other, unless there's a QB who also moonlight like a LB lmao.

Is this just a media narrative? I would assume so. I see people hyping up a Brees - Brady matchup but why? They wont be playing each other like i said lol.

Yeah it's a media narrative thing.

QBs are more often than not leaders of the team so presenting it as one leader vs. the other is easy to write and understand.

There's more to it than that. The opposing qb can put pressure on the other qb to keep up. You go into games knowing that if you don't ball out, you'll probably lose big. Or you better keep scoring because the opposing qb (Brady, Rodgers) won't quit and will steal the game in the last seconds.

That pressure to keep scoring or flawlessly play with little to no leeway is a very real thing when you know the opposing qb is elite.

Last edited:

Hindl

Oct 25, 2017
Agreed mostly but you never know how the market goes, especially for safeties. We saw last year how top Safeties were still out on the market when the season began. What if the money Earl wants isn't there? The Honey Badget is also a FA. Mainly I want the Eagles to add there with a vet even if McLeod is brought back. Yes, Maddox filled in there but I rather he locks down a starting CB job than play out of position at safety.

The only way the Eagles get the better FAs is if after the players survey the market and realize the money and or terms aren't there and they are better of signing shorter-term deals.
I agree they need another safety even if he comes back, but I was hoping they'd draft one instead of signing a FA. McLeod and Jenkins are both still great but it's time to start planning for the future, and the rookie will get plenty of playing time considering how much Big Nickel we play

bigosc

Oct 27, 2017
First of all. I ain't gonna let some dude with an avy from trash ass 80's cartoon, that lasted one year, that was cancelled even though it was on a infomercial heavy channel, and happened to be a B tier villain talk to me like we on the same level. There's levels to this shit.

Second of all. The Saints fit Vegeta perfectly on the chart by your standards. Vegeta will always be second to Goku. No matter how much he powers up, Goku will always surpass that in raw talent. Hence the Chiefs, a team loaded natural talent. Vegeta draws strength from his constant reminder of Planet Vegeta. A source of pride and prestige. Just like the Saints draw pride from their dome. If what you say about the Saints being trash is accurate, then it perfectly suits Vegeta. Aside from killing B tier characters like Android 19, Nappa, Appule, Dodoria, Zarbon and the other Ginyu force, he never beats anyone significant. Goku has beaten Cell, Jiren, Lord Slug, Frieza, Cooler, Buu, Hirudegarn, Broly. Even Gohan actually killed Cell. Even Frieza destroyed a whole race and planet with one swing.

c8a
Yo
Mad enough to quit rooting for a team because of all the Trump stuff?
Yoooo
It's getting real in here

effzee

Oct 26, 2017
NJ
I agree they need another safety even if he comes back, but I was hoping they'd draft one instead of signing a FA. McLeod and Jenkins are both still great but it's time to start planning for the future, and the rookie will get plenty of playing time considering how much Big Nickel we play

My general feeling is that with this draft being great for DL, the Eagles should use their early picks for bonafide impact guys who can be added to the rotation at DE and DT. They need to add impact guys now cause the window to win is now. When Wentz gets paid and some of the core is gone or replaced by a new core, you don't know if the team will be in the same position to compete for a Super-Bowl.

Yes, Howie is going to try to keep them competitive for 10+ years, but in reality, they need to strike now. Outside of the Wentz's health, the rest of the team shouldn't have question marks and should be good enough to compete for another SB.

So if you are going to reload the DL and OL in the draft, and obviously allocating big money towards RB is out of the picture, the money you do spend in FA should be for impact players, such as Earl Thomas or another vet not named Corey Graham. On a short term deal obviously. Draft an S/CB if he falls to you in the draft but maybe in later rounds.

effzee

Oct 26, 2017
NJ
Shocking how little buzz there is for the Bengals and Dolphins openings. Assuming this guarantees they have their coaches and need their current teams to be eliminated from the playoffs before they can announce.

If Zac Taylor doesn't like Dalton and the Bengals cut him, I bet Gruden in DC makes a move for him.

Hindl

Oct 25, 2017
My general feeling is that with this draft being great for DL, the Eagles should use their early picks for bonafide impact guys who can be added to the rotation at DE and DT. They need to add impact guys now cause the window to win is now. When Wentz gets paid and some of the core is gone or replaced by a new core, you don't know if the team will be in the same position to compete for a Super-Bowl.

Yes, Howie is going to try to keep them competitive for 10+ years, but in reality, they need to strike now. Outside of the Wentz's health, the rest of the team shouldn't have question marks and should be good enough to compete for another SB.

So if you are going to reload the DL and OL in the draft, and obviously allocating big money towards RB is out of the picture, the money you do spend in FA should be for impact players, such as Earl Thomas or another vet not named Corey Graham. On a short term deal obviously. Draft an S/CB if he falls to you in the draft but maybe in later rounds.
Oh yeah, unless someone like Deionte Thompson drops to the Eagles I want to go DE and DT with the first two picks. But maybe we could use the other 2nd or package up some 4ths to move up in the 3rd to grab a safety. I'd love Earl, and you are right about the safety market last year being weak. But I think Earl is a special case and he's also a huge Cowboys fan, so I could see him going there for a discount. Honey Badger would be great, but I don't see the Texans letting him walk. Maybe the Eagles could get Landon Collins. He's been up and down, ended the year on IR, and if the Giants don't retain him maybe he'd want to play them twice a year

Sweeney Swift

User Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
#IStandWithTaylor
http://www.espn.com/espn/story/_/id...ing-major-threat-nfl-pop-warner-colleges-espn
Outside The Lines said:
From the NFL to rec leagues, football is facing a stark, new threat: an evaporating insurance market that is fundamentally altering the economics of the sport, squeezing and even killing off programs faced with higher costs and a scarcity of available coverage, an Outside the Lines investigation has found.

The NFL no longer has general liability insurance covering head trauma, according to multiple sources; just one carrier is willing to provide workers' compensation coverage for NFL teams. Before concussion litigation roiled the NFL beginning in 2011, at least a dozen carriers occupied the insurance market for pro football, according to industry experts.

The insurance choices for football helmet manufacturers are equally slim; one helmet company executive said he was aware of only one. Pop Warner Little Scholars, which oversees 225,000 youth players, was forced to switch insurers after its longtime carrier, a subsidiary of the insurance giant AIG, refused to provide coverage without an exclusion for any neurological injury.

effzee

Oct 26, 2017
NJ
Oh yeah, unless someone like Deionte Thompson drops to the Eagles I want to go DE and DT with the first two picks. But maybe we could use the other 2nd or package up some 4ths to move up in the 3rd to grab a safety. I'd love Earl, and you are right about the safety market last year being weak. But I think Earl is a special case and he's also a huge Cowboys fan, so I could see him going there for a discount. Honey Badger would be great, but I don't see the Texans letting him walk. Maybe the Eagles could get Landon Collins. He's been up and down, ended the year on IR, and if the Giants don't retain him maybe he'd want to play them twice a year

How are the safeties coming out this draft class?

My top 5 needs are:

1. DL
2. DL
3. Safety
4. RB
5. OL

Top 5 needs but not all 5 need to be addressed in the draft. DL should be since its a strong class but if they can address safety or RB via FA, I'd be all for it.

Chan

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

He's gonna drop and drop far, he got schooled on national television, like Reggie Nelson school.

Hindl

Oct 25, 2017
He's gonna drop and drop far, he got schooled on national television, like Reggie Nelson school.
Good we'll take him in the 4th
How are the safeties coming out this draft class?

My top 5 needs are:

1. DL
2. DL
3. Safety
4. RB
5. OL

Top 5 needs but not all 5 need to be addressed in the draft. DL should be since its a strong class but if they can address safety or RB via FA, I'd be all for it.
There's no studs like Malik Hooker or Jamaal Adams this year. Not the best year but there's some solid guys available on Day 2

Violence Jack

Drive-in Mutant
Oct 25, 2017
Hey! Paxton Lynch just got a fresh start with a new team! I wonder who?

*Sees Seattle Seahawks*

NOOOOOO!!

FTF

Oct 28, 2017
New York
Oh wow with the New England area and north getting like 2 feet of snow this weekend there's a decent chance they lose power and can't watch the game on Sun...that would suuuuuck!

Status
Not open for further replies.