• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

effzee

Oct 26, 2017
NJ
Also, what does it say about Josh McDaniels - was scheduled to interview with the Panthers and Giants they both hired a coach before they even sat down with him.

With the Giants - did they know he wouldn't want to work with DG? Were both teams worried he isn't serious and might pull another move as he did with the Colts? Do they know he only wants to go to Cleveland or stay in NE?

I guess teams aren't as interested in him as originally believed.

MechDX

Oct 25, 2017

The hire makes so much sense now

giphy3.gif

History of violence

effzee

Oct 26, 2017
NJ
Racist ass Giants should have hired Eric Bieniemy as the HC and Kris Richard as the DC.

lt519

Oct 25, 2017
Oh I agree but it could also be that he doesn't want to work with DG and the Browns are his top choice.

That is 100% it. Browns are offering something the Giants aren't, which is bring your own GM and own the program. Plus McDaniels loves Baker. I think the Giants had to assume they weren't his top choice.

Deleted member 12224

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Garrett was a phenomenally successful oc before becoming head coach and he managed to get two late round qb into top 10 qbs
Perhaps its hatred for him as a HC candidate bleeding into my view of him for other jobs, but I don't give him much credit for Romo's development, individually, and his offenses have always been loaded with talent.

Romo got to Dallas in the 2003 offseason. Garrett didn't arrive in Dallas until 2007.

Romo was much closer to the finished top 10 product when he arrived than the UDFA he was when he entered the league.

The Dak argument is more compelling.

Deleted member 12224

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
We don't have the linemen for Wade's 3-4. He runs a one-gap penetrating system and we're loaded up with hog mollies. Leonard Williams, perhaps.

futurevoid

Oct 25, 2017
We don't have the linemen for Wade's 3-4. He runs a one-gap penetrating system and we're loaded up with hog mollies. Leonard Williams, perhaps.
I'll reiterate - I'm not advocating for Wade Phillips (though your statement may not have been directed to me in particular). I am, however dispelling then notion that a coach wanting to install a certain scheme is antithetical to the Giants hiring him considering we've been running a base 3-4 now for some time.

The Albatross

Oct 25, 2017
Damn, the media is just hanging Judge out to dry aren't they?

So what exactly does that tweet about Hernandez mean?

I didn't get what Breer's tweet meant at all (and seemingly noone else did they just saw "HERNANDEZ" and "JUDGE" together and RT it), and had to look it up which proved to be annoying because "Judge" and "Hernandez" turns up a lot of shit that is irrelevant. Apparently:

A neighbor of Aaron Hernandez was interviewed by police when police were looking to question Hernandez. The neighbor, Joe Judge (then low level Patriots coach, now apparently NYG Head Coach), told police he had seen Hernandez at the last practice before breaking for summer but hadn't seen him since and didn't know where he was.

That's the story?

iareharSon

Oct 30, 2017
Any 32-42 year old offensive minded white men with minimal experience coaching at a meaningful level in the NFL that are looking for an agent? I think I might be able to get you a head coaching gig. We've got to strike while the iron is hot.

linkboy

Oct 26, 2017
Reno
Any 32-42 year old offensive minded white men with minimal experience coaching at a meaningful level in the NFL that are looking for an agent? I think I might be able to get you a head coaching gig. We've got to strike while the iron is hot.

I've used the Ask Madden button in the past. That should at least qualify me for an interview.

Duxxy3

Oct 27, 2017
USA
I didn't get what Breer's tweet meant at all (and seemingly noone else did they just saw "HERNANDEZ" and "JUDGE" together and RT it), and had to look it up which proved to be annoying because "Judge" and "Hernandez" turns up a lot of shit that is irrelevant. Apparently:

A neighbor of Aaron Hernandez was interviewed by police when police were looking to question Hernandez. The neighbor, Joe Judge (then low level Patriots coach, now apparently NYG Head Coach), told police he had seen Hernandez at the last practice before breaking for summer but hadn't seen him since and didn't know where he was.

That's the story?

My god... so Joe Judge is basically a murderer too then.

NinjaScooter

Oct 25, 2017
Sean McVay broke the league. Every young White dude with an offensive background is a HC candidate. It's like being a tall Euro in the NBA draft in the post-Dirk early 2000s.

chadskin

Oct 27, 2017

That's the story?
Once a neighbor of a murderer, always a neighbor of a murderer

OP
OP
Himynameischris
Oct 25, 2017
I've thought about it and honestly I want the Dolphins to take the risk. I've seen the safe approach for too long, I've seen them draft a LT with the #1 overall pick... I'm ready for a high risk move that has potential to pay off in a big way. Tua looked like such a special guy when he was playing for Alabama and he seems like a great kid who has the potential to be a fantastic leader. Time to roll the dice!
If he only plays 5 years but gets us an owl I'm down.