• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

piratepwnsninja

Lead Game Designer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
As a Panthers fan from the beginning, I'm really excited about having Rhule as our coach. And sure, pay the man. What he did at Temple and Baylor was incredible, especially since he did it with a lot of talent he wasn't even responsible for recruiting that previously performed poorly.

Panthers need more dynamism on the offensive side, and I think he's going to bring that.

effzee

Oct 26, 2017
NJ
Well that's a take, Richard might end up dc anyway but the knock Bieniemy is that the Giants want to move away from the Wco McAdoo and Shurmur both ran wco and Shurmur was also a Reid disciple

Remember they didn't want Haskins cause he was black too!

Also Pederson and Naggy are doing fine as Reid coaches. So is Ron Rivera and Sean McDermott. I mean that isn't the real reason....we all know what it is.

The Giants have run a 3-4 under Bettcher for two years. It's multiple look but its a base 3-4 defense so I'm not sure what that has to do with anything in regards to Wade Philips. (not that I'm advocating for him either)

Ah thanks for the clarification. Yeah so I can see that happen, depends on what Judge wants.

Damn, the media is just hanging Judge out to dry aren't they?

The tweet is from 2013

I'll reiterate - I'm not advocating for Wade Phillips (though your statement may not have been directed to me in particular). I am, however dispelling then notion that a coach wanting to install a certain scheme is antithetical to the Giants hiring him considering we've been running a base 3-4 now for some time.
I didn't get what Breer's tweet meant at all (and seemingly noone else did they just saw "HERNANDEZ" and "JUDGE" together and RT it), and had to look it up which proved to be annoying because "Judge" and "Hernandez" turns up a lot of shit that is irrelevant. Apparently:

A neighbor of Aaron Hernandez was interviewed by police when police were looking to question Hernandez. The neighbor, Joe Judge (then low level Patriots coach, now apparently NYG Head Coach), told police he had seen Hernandez at the last practice before breaking for summer but hadn't seen him since and didn't know where he was.

That's the story?

The story is that its a tweet from 2013.

Tom Penny

Oct 26, 2017
I thought my buddy was joking. Derrick Henry ran for 12K yards and 153 TD's in high school 😂

chuckddd

Oct 25, 2017
Dang, did he play the Pats in high school too?
1f602.png

effzee

Oct 26, 2017
NJ
For the Giants fans, a recent example of all this working out....the Eagles.

Pederson was not their first, 2nd, or 3rd choice. It was either Gase, Macadoo, or even Tom Coughlin.

And the main reason a lot of those candidates didn't want the job was that Howie would be running the show.

Sounds similar to the Giants set up and situation. The only difference is Howie is all about embracing new technology, sports science, and analytics. DG isn't.

lt519

Oct 25, 2017

Pederson was not their first, 2nd, or 3rd choice. It was either Gase, Macadoo, or even Tom Coughlin.

And the main reason a lot of those candidates didn't want the job was that Howie would be running the show.

Sounds similar to the Giants set up and situation. The only difference is Howie is all about embracing new technology, sports science, and analytics. DG isn't.

Oh c'mon, that's being disingenuous, he hired a bunch of "computer people." /s

Kill3r7

Oct 25, 2017

Pederson was the OC of a pretty good KC offense and played a large part in revitalizing Alex Smith's career. I know nothing about Joe Judge but as a Giants fan there isn't anything to hang my hat on outside of he coached under Belichick and Saban. He has no track record of developing a QB. Awful hire but more than willing to eat crow.

Striker

Oct 25, 2017
Pederson was the OC of a pretty good KC offense and played a large part in revitalizing Alex Smith's career. I know nothing about Joe Judge but as a Giants fan there isn't anything to hang my hat on outside of he coached under Belichick and Saban. He has no track record of developing a QB. Awful hire but more than willing to eat crow.
I've seen people cite Bieniemy but the dude is OC in name only. He doesn't call the plays and never has (unless he did as coach in Colorado? Big news there). He's been a career RB coach where Reid himself has found fantastic talent doing that everywhere he's been.

For developing Jones, just have to see who they hire as coordinators and assistants.

Sarcasm.. cause of individuals overreacting
I'm willing to give the dude a shot. They need a leader more than an offensive or defensive guru in there anyway. I don't think Garrett would be a bad choice so much as OC but seems largely inspired by Mara. The DC spot is my interest, as is getting rid of Hal Hunter. Which, I mean, should have happened when Pat was fired.

Crono

Oct 25, 2017
I've seen people cite Bieniemy but the dude is OC in name only. He doesn't call the plays and never has (unless he did as coach in Colorado? Big news there). He's been a career RB coach where Reid himself has found fantastic talent doing that everywhere he's been.

For developing Jones, just have to see who they hire as coordinators and assistants.

I'm willing to give the dude a shot. They need a leader more than an offensive or defensive guru in there anyway. I don't think Garrett would be a bad choice so much as OC but seems largely inspired by Mara. The DC spot is my interest, as is getting rid of Hal Hunter. Which, I mean, should have happened when Pat was fired.

I am going to wait and see before I start overreacting like most giants fan. Hopefully he is good. I also wouldnt mind garret as a o.c. rather have that then him as a head coach

dred

Oct 27, 2017
Thank you guys for leading me down the rabbit hole of Derrick Henry high school highlights on YT, that was hilarious.

Shane

Oct 25, 2017
Looks like maybe a potential snow/rain/messy weather game Saturday night in Baltimore? Maybe Sunday too for those games...

Edit: Meh. Nah, doesn't look bad at all.

Last edited:

Dutch

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
Thank you guys for leading me down the rabbit hole of Derrick Henry high school highlights on YT, that was hilarious.

I've been watching as well. I like how they circle him before the play. The dude twice as big as everybody else, who is running everybody over is hard to miss.

Doomsayer

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Kwon Alexander officially cleared by the medical staff to play this weekend.

THE. BLOCK. IS. HOT.

effzee

Oct 26, 2017
NJ

Pederson didn't call plays either. Or he only called at times. I remember there was some controversy over a playoff call and Reid and Pederson were trying to cover for each other, trying to say they called it over the other guy.

But how is this an issue when the guy they hired has never called plays?

Drax

Oregon tag
Oct 25, 2017
I hit acceptance stage but I will be real the Giants were picking amongst the dregs of dregs

Striker

Oct 25, 2017
Pederson didn't call plays either. Or he only called at times. I remember there was some controversy over a playoff call and Reid and Pederson were trying to cover for each other, trying to say they called it over the other guy.

But how is this an issue when the guy they hired has never called plays?
I think it's clear. They view Judge as someone who talks to both sides of the ball as a ST coach does and understands the plan on both sides of the ball during game day. He's not a household name so it isn't an exciting pick, but he has potential as a team leader and that's what this team really needs.

Drax

Oregon tag
Oct 25, 2017
I think it's clear. They view Judge as someone who talks to both sides of the ball as a ST coach does and understands the plan on both sides of the ball during game day. He's not a household name so it isn't an exciting pick, but he has potential as a team leader and that's what this team really needs.

Specifically they're hoping to hit the John Harbaugh gold mine.

Trup1aya

Literally a train safety expert
Oct 25, 2017
Looks like maybe a potential snow/rain/messy weather game Saturday night in Baltimore? Maybe Sunday too for those games...

Edit: Meh. Nah, doesn't look bad at all.

Man I hope not. The poor weather in bmore made for the least exciting runs. I think it helped keep the games closer than I would have liked too.

effzee

Oct 26, 2017
NJ

I get it. But I also see black candidates only get interviewed for token interviews to satisfy a rule.