• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Oct 25, 2017
I still can't believe how how successful the Seahawks season was considering this year was a supposed to be year 1 of a complete rebuild of the team along with the massive amount of injuries.

Malleymal

Oct 28, 2017
Happy with that chiefs win yesterday and not ready for another King Henry sighting, but I really need for Andy Reid to learn how to run out a clock. The end of the first half should have been a score with no time left, but he loves leaving time on the clock for the other team .

JCizzle

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
Only resetera would make every team and player a Trump referendum
Right? The fraud talk is way more interesting than revisiting Trump every page. Your team supports Trump! No your team does! Newsflash: every team unfortunately is owned or employs someone that supports the fucker 🤦‍♂️

KadeYuy

Oct 30, 2017
Seahawks over performed this season. Really fun to watch. Hopefully next year they have less injuries and a better defense. Going into the season I really thought they'd go 9-7 and miss the playoffs. Watching Lynch jump into the end zone again was fantastic

dred

Oct 27, 2017
That was a fun weekend of football. I feel like the Chiefs should be the favorite at this point, Mahomes is on another level.

skLaFarebear

Oct 25, 2017
Titans had a good gameplan to deal with the Ravens, I'll be interested to see if they can do the same to the Chiefs. It should be a great game next week.

effzee

Oct 26, 2017
NJ
I swear if there was one thing that was shitty during the packers and Seahawks game it was the damn announcers. Joe Buck and Troy Aikman clearly dislike the packers and made it clear almost every second they could. Shit gets hard to listen to fast.

Every fanbase thinks Buck hates their team.

Cory Undlin getting promoted to DC for the Lions is a joke. No Eagles DB developed over the course of his tenure

Counterpoint - they aren't good enough to develop. I place more of that blame on the FO for drafting bad corners and the DC for using them in a scheme that doesn't suit them the best.

Cory is to blame also but he did wonders in Denver (where they had better talent), so ultimately its the talent.

LBsquared

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 22, 2019
Even if you think Mahomes isn't the best skill-wise, just look at he was able to rally his team yesterday. That's what makes a good quarterback.

I do hope the Titans win tho
He gets no credit for that rally. All credit goes to Bill O'coward for not going for it on 4th and a foot. It's hilarious that it all fell off a cliff right at that very moment.

Just kidding about Mahomes, though, dude was awesome, and he wasn't the problem when they were down 24-0. He cant make people catch easily catchable balls.

effzee

Oct 26, 2017
NJ
Hoping the Eagles are somehow able to sign Kris Richard as their DB coach. Dallas didn't retain him, I doubt he gets picked up as a DC anywhere now.

Might help them land Byron Jones as well.

ckareset

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt account
Banned
Feb 2, 2018
He gets no credit for that rally. All credit goes to Bill O'coward for not going for it on 4th and a foot. It's hilarious that it all fell off a cliff right at that very moment.

Just kidding about Mahomes, though, dude was awesome, and he wasn't the problem when they were down 24-0. He cant make people catch easily catchable balls.
One of those was a slightly behind pass actually. But yeah, Mahomes is something special. Bears are dumb as fuck

effzee

Oct 26, 2017
NJ

Stay away Cleveland! You already had him and fired him. He hasn't even been with the Eagles long enough to make an impact.

Hindl

Oct 25, 2017
One of those was a slightly behind pass actually. But yeah, Mahomes is something special. Bears are dumb as fuck
Passing on Mahomes was understandable because he wasn't this same QB in college. That year of sitting did wonders for him as Andy rebuilt his mechanics and removed a lot of his bad habits. But you can slam the Bears for passing on Deshaun. They passed on an incredibly successful college QB who beat Bama in the national championship and continued to perform in high pressure situations in college for a 1 year starter who was okay at best

Dutch

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
Brady for Mahomes and a third round pick.

A six time super bowl winner for a zero time super bowl winner.

Sounds like a bargain for the Chiefs.

Oct 25, 2017
Miami, FL
Seahawks over performed this season. Really fun to watch. Hopefully next year they have less injuries and a better defense. Going into the season I really thought they'd go 9-7 and miss the playoffs. Watching Lynch jump into the end zone again was fantastic
Agreed. Health killed them last night and it showed repeatedly in high leverage situations and play.

Happy with that chiefs win yesterday and not ready for another King Henry sighting, but I really need for Andy Reid to learn how to run out a clock. The end of the first half should have been a score with no time left, but he loves leaving time on the clock for the other team .
Honestly? Put 8 in the box and make Ryan beat Patrick in a passing contest in the playoffs. If he can, tip your hat.

dred

Oct 27, 2017
Hammering O'Brien for kicking that FG on 4th and 1 is so stupid to me. You have a huge lead at that point and if you don't convert the 4th down that could turn into a huge momentum shift for the Chiefs. It's one of times when I feel like the safe call was the right call. Take the 3 points and go up 24 (TWENTY-FOUR!) and hope your offense can produce enough the rest of the game to hold onto the lead.

When you let a team score TD's on 7 straight drives it's pretty dumb to focus on a single 4th and 1 FG attempt. That's not seeing the forest for the trees.

The Texans came out hot but there's no way to maintain that kind of momentum for an entire game, especially when you're benefiting from a lot of rare plays like the blocked punt TD and the kickoff fumble. At some point the Texans had to have a stop or two on defense and they just couldn't get it done. That's the reason they lost, period. Sorry Texans, come back with a real defense and defensive gameplan next year.

keyzz

Dec 12, 2018
Passing on Mahomes was understandable because he wasn't this same QB in college. That year of sitting did wonders for him as Andy rebuilt his mechanics and removed a lot of his bad habits. But you can slam the Bears for passing on Deshaun. They passed on an incredibly successful college QB who beat Bama in the national championship and continued to perform in high pressure situations in college for a 1 year starter who was okay at best
Exactly - Being a chiefs fan, and not knowing much about college football, I read every "think" piece after that draft and EVERYONE said that Mahomes at 10 was a reach. That he wasn't ready for a pro-offense and his skill-set wouldn't translate. That he would throw a ton of interceptions as a "gunslinger" QB. The chiefs situation was perfect for him, with one of the smartest QBs ever to learn from, and then possibly the best QB-developing HC to have also.

Oct 27, 2017
MNF used to be the premier game of the week back when it was on broadcast TV. Now that it's on ESPN it's an afterthought for most people.
Romo definitely shouldn't go to ESPN.

The Albatross

Oct 25, 2017
Saw this photo posted about the "contraversial" Rodgers -> Graham first down. Watching it live, rooting for an exciting finish, I said "Oh he's short," and then thought replay seemed to confirm that he was short... but I think it's because of the old trope "The Yellow line is not official."

0X9VpSx.png

Hammering O'Brien for kicking that FG on 4th and 1 is so stupid to me. You have a huge lead at that point and if you don't convert the 4th down that could turn into a huge momentum shift for the Chiefs. It's one of times when I feel like the safe call was the right call. Take the 3 points and go up 24 (TWENTY-FOUR!) and hope your offense can produce enough the rest of the game to hold onto the lead.

When you let a team score TD's on 7 straight drives it's pretty dumb to focus on a single 4th and 1 FG attempt. That's not seeing the forest for the trees.

The Texans came out hot but there's no way to maintain that kind of momentum for an entire game, especially when you're benefiting from a lot of rare plays like the blocked punt TD and the kickoff fumble. At some point the Texans had to have a stop or two on defense and they just couldn't get it done. That's the reason they lost, period. Sorry Texans, come back with a real defense and defensive gameplan next year.

Right.

It's not like they missed the FG either, which has happened in so many 4th and shorts this season too. It gave them a 24-0 lead, which those silly Football win projections pegged at almost 99% win probability. Even if BoB had gone for it and converted it, it's not like it's an automatic touchdown and it becomes a 28-0 lead... They still need to score a touchdown after that. And Houston wasn't some sticks-moving machine at that point of the game either... They had a 21 - 0 lead at that point because of a blocked punt for a TD and a muffed punt at the ~5 yard line. Up to that point in the game, Houston had one excellent drive to open the game and they had lucky bounces on Chiefs drops, the blocked punt, and the muffed punt. When those lucky bounces stopped coming, the game changed.

I didn't think the fake punt was a bad coaching decision either. It's an example of great plays made by individual players making coaching decisions look bad. That linebacker Sorenson or w/e his name is made a great instinctual play, but without him making that play it would have been a big play.

Chiefs got some momentum on that ~2 play TD scoring drive that took about 45 seconds off the clock. Houston comes out and goes three and out on the next possession, taking like 45 seconds off the clock... Punting back to the player who just set the chiefs up with that short field they scored their TD on. The call for the fake seemed like a good one, Sorenson just made a great decision and reacted on a dime to catch the up-back like that and still had to make a terrific tackle to stop him... That tackle probably gets broken 50% of the time for an additional 5 yards, and the player in Sorenson's position probably reacts 1 second too late 50% of the time giving an easy 10 yard gain.

But people can't help but make a narrative. Everybody beating up BoB for that 4th and 1 were, simultaneously, beating up Andy Reid for being a bust in the playoffs. It's easy to shit on every coach because 11 teams will, in fact, lose in the playoffs, so if you shit on all 12 coaches in every game, then you're going to be right 11/12 times.

Last edited:

kmfdmpig

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Exactly - Being a chiefs fan, and not knowing much about college football, I read every "think" piece after that draft and EVERYONE said that Mahomes at 10 was a reach. That he wasn't ready for a pro-offense and his skill-set wouldn't translate. That he would throw a ton of interceptions as a "gunslinger" QB. The chiefs situation was perfect for him, with one of the smartest QBs ever to learn from, and then possibly the best QB-developing HC to have also.
Yes, and it sounds like Alex Smith was a willing tutor for him which most established QBs aren't. I think Mahomes is a transcendent talent but also think it's true that he couldn't have found a better situation.

chuckddd

Oct 25, 2017

This is the correct answer. You want to do everything you can to keep the Chefs from taking the momentum. The big mistake was the fake punt. And the shit defense was, of course, no help. A fake or a risky 4th down gamble is the thing you pull out when you want to take the momentum, otherwise you risk giving it away. Additionally, you've run your best fake punt so you can't use it to shift things later in the game.

MechDX

Oct 25, 2017
This is the correct answer. You want to do everything you can to keep the Chefs from taking the momentum. The big mistake was the fake punt. And the shit defense was, of course, no help. A fake or a risky 4th down gamble is the thing you pull out when you want to take the momentum, otherwise you risk giving it away. Additionally, you've run your best fake punt so you can't use it to shift things later in the game.
Yeah Texans need to fire the GM for gutting the defense and using all.the teams assets for the offense.

Oh wait.......

effzee

Oct 26, 2017
NJ
Defilippo's out in Jacksonville

Odds he ends up back in Philadelphia

While I would welcome him back, I wouldn't be so sure.

Apparently they weren't exactly sad to see him leave so he either didn't get along well with Doug or Frank. He has also been on a lot of teams, never seems to stick, and has never been hired to be an HC. It might be an issue with him getting along with other coaches.

dred

Oct 27, 2017
Right.

It's not like they missed the FG either, which has happened in so many 4th and shorts this season too. It gave them a 24-0 lead, which those silly Football win projections pegged at almost 99% win probability. Even if BoB had gone for it and converted it, it's not like it's an automatic touchdown and it becomes a 28-0 lead... They still need to score a touchdown after that. And Houston wasn't some sticks-moving machine at that point of the game either... They had a 21 - 0 lead at that point because of a blocked punt for a TD and a muffed punt at the ~5 yard line. Up to that point in the game, Houston had one excellent drive to open the game and they had lucky bounces on Chiefs drops, the blocked punt, and the muffed punt. When those lucky bounces stopped coming, the game changed.

I didn't think the fake punt was a bad coaching decision either. It's an example of great plays made by individual players making coaching decisions look bad. That linebacker Sorenson or w/e his name is made a great instinctual play, but without him making that play it would have been a big play.

Chiefs got some momentum on that ~2 play TD scoring drive that took about 45 seconds off the clock. Houston comes out and goes three and out on the next possession, taking like 45 seconds off the clock... Punting back to the player who just set the chiefs up with that short field they scored their TD on. The call for the fake seemed like a good one, Sorenson just made a great decision and reacted on a dime to catch the up-back like that and still had to make a terrific tackle to stop him... That tackle probably gets broken 50% of the time for an additional 5 yards, and the player in Sorenson's position probably reacts 1 second too late 50% of the time giving an easy 10 yard gain.

But people can't help but make a narrative. Everybody beating up BoB for that 4th and 1 were, simultaneously, beating up Andy Reid for being a bust in the playoffs. It's easy to shit on every coach because 11 teams will, in fact, lose in the playoffs, so if you shit on all 12 coaches in every game, then you're going to be right 11/12 times.
I agree with you on all of this. It's always easy to play Monday morning coach and criticize the risky decisions that went wrong but that's disingenuous a lot of the time.

The game wasn't so much about O'Brien to me, it was about an unstoppable offense that could only be contained for so long and a team that just isn't talented enough to keep up in that kind of sprint. It doesn't help when your defense is beat up and you have a pretty bad secondary, either. There's only so much a coach can do playing with that deck of cards. If anything I give O'Brien credit for having his team fired up and ready to go out of the gate.

Ironically, this result is what I expected from the Titans/Ravens game when the Titans were nursing a two score lead for most of the game. Just waiting for the Ravens to wake up and drop 30 points out of nowhere. The NFL is weird, you just never know.

linkboy

Oct 26, 2017
Reno
While I would welcome him back, I wouldn't be so sure.

Apparently they weren't exactly sad to see him leave so he either didn't get along well with Doug or Frank. He has also been on a lot of teams, never seems to stick, and has never been hired to be an HC. It might be an issue with him getting along with other coaches.

I could see that with the blow-up he had with Zimmer in Minnesota.

RecRoulette

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Still crazy that they did the official Hall of Fame announcements on the tv broadcasts, missed Cowher's live but both were pretty great.

Dysun

Oct 25, 2017
Miami
I can't see CBS letting Romo walk, they will pay up and retain him. It would suck to see him relegated to like the 6th best game of the week and very little playoff commentary.