• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

jerd

Oct 26, 2017
just remembered that bill o'brien tried to punt down three possessions with 12 minutes left in a playoff game until watson went over and asked wtf he was thinking. to me that's way more indefensible than the fake punt or the field goal on 4th and 1

thewienke

Oct 25, 2017
It'd be almost irresponsible to keep BoB after yesterday's showing. One of the worst displays of coaching I've ever seen and I had to watch a lot of McCarthy stinkers.

He's shown that he'll never get that team over the hump in the playoffs. What's the definition of insanity again?

Tamanon

Oct 25, 2017
I think the terrible red zone scoring percentage is why we parted ways with Flip. Don't like us changing in Minshew's second year though.

linkboy

Oct 26, 2017
Reno
It'd be almost irresponsible to keep BoB after yesterday's showing. One of the worst displays of coaching I've ever seen and I had to watch a lot of McCarthy stinkers.

He's shown that he'll never get that team over the hump in the playoffs. What's the definition of insanity again?

This.

With what Bieniemy has done in KC, could you imagine him with Watson.

May 26, 2019
Texans lost because they lost all their energy during the 2nd Quarter; they were basically playing like zombies after half-time. I fully expect the Titans to storm through the Chiefs 33-16 and get a Super Bowl win against the 49ers by a landslide. They got one of the best quaterbacks in the league: Ryan Tannehill and the GOAT of running backs Derrick Henry. They may seem like massive underdogs, but people were saying the same things about the New York Giants in 2007 and 2011. Titans are gonna win and I can't wait to see it.

linkboy

Oct 26, 2017
Reno
just remembered that bill o'brien tried to punt down three possessions with 12 minutes left in a playoff game until watson went over and asked wtf he was thinking. to me that's way more indefensible than the fake punt or the field goal on 4th and 1

Wow.

That shows a total lack of awareness to what's going on.

Jmdajr

Oct 25, 2017
Man I feel awful today. What a disgrace. But 2020 will have worse moments that we can all share. Like when Trump gets re-elected.

The Albatross

Oct 25, 2017
The Jimmy JOhnson thing is great. Although I kinda worried he was gonna have an asthma attack. Also I want Terry Bradshaw to STFU sometimes, haha, but his excitement for Johnson was genuine, just wish he'd shut his trap.

Tragicomedy

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
It was either here or on ESPN, but Bill also thought they had a first down on the FG drive. He called in a play and then noticed they were short so he burned a timeout. He said during the timeout he changed his mind and went for the kick.

Texans lost because they lost all their energy during the 2nd Quarter; they were basically playing like zombies after half-time. I fully expect the Titans to storm through the Chiefs 33-16 and get a Super Bowl win against the 49ers by a landslide. They got one of the best quaterbacks in the league: Ryan Tannehill and the GOAT of running backs Derrick Henry. They may seem like massive underdogs, but people were saying the same things about the New York Giants in 2007 and 2011. Titans are gonna win and I can't wait to see it.

While we're spinning out wish fulfillment fiction: the Chiefs will put up 17 in the first quarter. Tennessee won't be able to ride Henry as much down big early. The Chiefs are who we thought they were. Chiefs win 41-14.

linkboy

Oct 26, 2017
Reno
The Jimmy JOhnson thing is great. Although I kinda worried he was gonna have an asthma attack. Also I want Terry Bradshaw to STFU sometimes, haha, but his excitement for Johnson was genuine, just wish he'd shut his trap.

Either that or a heart attack. I kept looking to see if someone was grabbing a defibrillator in the background.

Sephzilla

Herald of Stoptimus Crime
Oct 25, 2017

Someone on Discord (I believe) pointed out that the Texans have won the division like 6 of the last 9 years yet every team in the conference besides the Texans have made the AFC Championship game during that time.

At this point it's obvious the coaching staff can only carry that team so far.

linkboy

Oct 26, 2017
Reno
Someone on Discord (I believe) pointed out that the Texans have won the division like 6 of the last 9 years yet every team in the conference besides the Texans have made the AFC Championship game during that time.

It's true.

Colts in 2014
Jacksonville in 2017
Tennessee this year

O'Brien is a good football coach, but I do feel that he's not the right coach for Houston and has maxed out how far the team can go with him.

Doom

Oct 27, 2017
New Jersey

Browns/Bengals/Raiders/Phins/Bills haven't made the AFCCG in the past 9 years, so whoever posted that was wrong lol.

thewienke

Oct 25, 2017
This.

With what Bieniemy has done in KC, could you imagine him with Watson.

I think that'd be a great hire and the Houston fanbase would be very supportive of a black coach (sad that I even have to say that in 2020).

I just don't think that anyone on that Texans team is going to come back this offseason excited to play for BoB and have faith in the system anymore.

The alternative is something like the Falcons who made it to the Divisional the year after the 28-3 fiasco but outside that it's been a slow and painful death for Dan Quinn's coaching tenure.

MechDX

Oct 25, 2017
MechDX you wanna fire Bill? Crennel? Both? I'm curious how Texans fans feel about it.
Fan pulse in social media seems to want the entire staff gone. I was an OB supporter for the longest, players want to play hard for him but the debacle vs the Ravens this year just broke me. Yesterday was just another kick in the nuts

I already see the majority of the local media trying to spin this as the Texans are known for removing media credentials for press members who bad mouth the team.

chuckddd

Oct 25, 2017
Houston is in a weird spot. Can't fire BoB while the team is winning the conference, but he's clearly not good enough. Worse, the Texans' window is going to close with Watson soon to get a massive payday and Watt nearing the end.

linkboy

Oct 26, 2017
Reno
Houston is in a weird spot. Can't fire BoB while the team is winning the conference, but he's clearly not good enough. Worse, the Texans' window is going to close with Watson soon to get a massive payday and Watt nearing the end.

Sure, they're winning their division, but all they have to show for it is an extra home game.

O'Brien isn't the coach that's going to take Houston to the Super Bowl.

Sometimes, you need to take the risk and move on.

MechDX

Oct 25, 2017
Sure, they're winning their division, but all they have to show for it is an extra home game.

Imagine the media coverage and positive PR the team would get if Cal fired OB and hired Bienemy immediately.

If Cal is anything like his dad he loves positive PR. Why the team doesnt draft or sign anyone with any negative marks or potential for future issues in their personal life

chuckddd

Oct 25, 2017

Oh, I'm not advocating for BoB to keep his job, but it's difficult to fire someone after they make the playoffs and win a game. Best hope for Texans fans is that the team goes full Cowboys next year. At least that would make Dega happy!

effzee

Oct 26, 2017
NJ
Fan pulse in social media seems to want the entire staff gone. I was an OB supporter for the longest, players want to play hard for him but the debacle vs the Ravens this year just broke me. Yesterday was just another kick in the nuts

I already see the majority of the local media trying to spin this as the Texans are known for removing media credentials for press members who bad mouth the team.

At the very least Romeo has to go. That D had no life, pulse, or schematic answer for the Chiefs. They looked completely lost.

And isn't BOB basically the GM? Owner would need to step in cause he isn't firing himself.

MechDX

Oct 25, 2017
At the very least Romeo has to go. That D had no life, pulse, or schematic answer for the Chiefs. They looked completely lost.

And isn't BOB basically the GM? Owner would need to step in cause he isn't firing himself.
Obrien said yesterday post game he expects Crennell back next year.....

Rellyrell28

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
What's is interesting is that if the Packers lose that will be 3 straight years a Wisconsin sports team got to the semi finals and lost with the Brewers losing in the NLCS in 2018 and the Bucks losing in the ECF in 2019 but unlike those two for me it wouldn't hurt at all.

Deleted member 11626

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017

I absolutely think the Titans have it in them to win, but if you think they'll hold Mahomes to 16 then you're out of your mind. They got healthy and hot at the right time, much like Tennessee, and they will put up 30+. It will take at least that much from Tennessee. Should be a really good game

Fantomex

Oct 25, 2017
It really be the ones closest to you that hurt you the most. My kid came up to me today and said, "When do the Rams play? They haven't played in a long time".

giphy.gif

Oct 27, 2017
Legit got more hyped watching the Ravens get dismantled than seeing my Niners go to the NFC Championship. My anxiety level for the Packers game is near nil right now. Can't see any way this Niners team fold after the year they've had.