• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Striker

Oct 25, 2017
Man AB and OBJ traded in the same off season would be nuts.
Yeah I'm sure they want to eat $35M in dead cap.
Sounds like a prediction than rumor. Still, there is so much dead cap they would eat, and it makes no sense to do so.

Jay, give us some bold predictions about the NFL off-season. Give us a free agent signing, trade, or another bold prediction. Thanks. —Robert P.

I predict Odell Beckham Jr. gets traded this off-season. I think that's bold enough.

Fitts

You know what that means
Oct 25, 2017
Why are we even discussing things Jay Glazer says? Dude just throws attention-grabbing shit out there with no actual sources/merit to back it up. It's what he does.

OfficerRob

Oct 25, 2017
Why are we even discussing things Jay Glazer says? Dude just throws attention-grabbing shit out there with no actual sources/merit to back it up. It's what he does.
What, you mean the Raiders won't be playing their home games in London next year? Surely Glazer wasn't attention-grabbing there...

jakncoke

Nov 5, 2017
Elway got lucky when he took a risk on a broken Manning, but really his track record for QBs is lol bad

Striker

Oct 25, 2017
Shurmur going to sign Keenum and draft his son right?
Benjamin Allbright
‏Verified account @AllbrightNFL

Keep an eye on Arizona for a potential Case Keenum trade...The idea would be to bring Keenum in and extend him with a lower salary cap number as a long term backup. Kingsbury was Keenum's QB coach and co-OC at university of Houston.

Suppose it fits if he can't find a starting job.

Hindl

Oct 25, 2017
Why didn't the Broncos try to trade for Rosen? At least he is young and has some upside.
The Cards would want to have to part with him. And if you look from the outside, it certainly makes sense, with Kliff being in position to draft his college QB. But I think from the inside the Cards and their fans are still high on Rosen and realize a lot of the issues last year weren't his fault. He had a shit HC that was in over his head, two different OCs, and one of the worst OLs in the league. Hopefully the Cards invest heavily in their OL after drafting Bosa #1 and Rosen starts seeing some success

yankeeh8er

Oct 26, 2017
Dracula Georgia
The Cards would want to have to part with him. And if you look from the outside, it certainly makes sense, with Kliff being in position to draft his college QB. But I think from the inside the Cards and their fans are still high on Rosen and realize a lot of the issues last year weren't his fault. He had a shit HC that was in over his head, two different OCs, and one of the worst OLs in the league. Hopefully the Cards invest heavily in their OL after drafting Bosa #1 and Rosen starts seeing some success
I was just basing that on all the rumors about the cards wanting Murray this year. I think they would be crazy to move Rosen after one year but they seem to be making a lot of crazy moves so who knows.

effzee

Oct 26, 2017
NJ
Benjamin Allbright
‏Verified account @AllbrightNFL

Keep an eye on Arizona for a potential Case Keenum trade...The idea would be to bring Keenum in and extend him with a lower salary cap number as a long term backup. Kingsbury was Keenum's QB coach and co-OC at university of Houston.

Suppose it fits if he can't find a starting job.

Man it kills me that mediocre to garbage QBs like him keep getting a shot after shot and Kaep won't even be considered.

I was just basing that on all the rumors about the cards wanting Murray this year. I think they would be crazy to move Rosen after one year but they seem to be making a lot of crazy moves so who knows.

Those rumors are all started by sports talk radio and ESPN debate shows. There is no validity to it.

The Cards didn't bring in a new FO or GM, so they still have the same team in place who drafted Rosen. Why would they give up on him after 1 year when they fired the defensive-minded coach who they felt wasn't the best fit for his development. They are doing everything they can to surround Rosen with offensive coaching and talent (I don't know their cap situation but I imagine they bring in weapons for Rosen).

And if I am Kliff and the Cards, do I really want to pair Murray who might have all sorts of limitations due to his size and style with a coach who has never coached at the NFL level and will bring in a new offense? Seems like a huge gamble. At least with Rosen, if Kliff's air raid offense doesn't work, you can run a more traditional offense.

Zaied

Oct 27, 2017
Why didn't the Broncos try to trade for Rosen? At least he is young and has some upside.
The Broncos would've probably had to give up at least a 2nd rounder for Rosen, which is way more than what they paid for Flacco. Also, Elway already passed on Rosen in the draft, so I doubt he was ever that high on him to begin with. He's reportedly enamored with Drew Lock who could be available with the #10 pick.

HarryDemeanor

Oct 25, 2017
Cards would ask for the whole enchilada.
Not a fan of this move.
It's just a sideways-ass move that I don't understand the need to do it to begin with. You already have Keenum on the books as a bridge QB, so what is the reason to bring in Flacco? His presence adds nothing to the team that Keenum wouldn't provide.

chuckddd

Oct 25, 2017
Happy Valentine's Day!

Roses are red
Violets are blue
giphy.gif

effzee

Oct 26, 2017
NJ

When asked Ben responded with they didnt even discuss money

Let's see who this benefits? The AAF. Gets their name more out there. It is probably not even true but if it was, good for Kap. He isn't out of the league because there is doubt about how good he is. If that was it, he would have been in multiple camps by now to prove if he can play. He is out of the league for non-football reasons so why does he have to go prove himself in a minor league for what they pay?

What would he prove? Even if he lit it up won MVP, you think the NFL would sign him? Then we would hear he played against terrible competition or that he made x amount of money in the AAF and we wouldn't be willing to pay that much to a back up.

Fitts

You know what that means
Oct 25, 2017
Kap is done with football. Kap has no desire to play football.

Just leave him be. Every headline is embarrassing for all involved at this point. (Kap included)

Doom

Oct 27, 2017
New Jersey
The details of it are important though. Did Kaep get a W for society at large? Just a W for himself? Did he take a major L? Did they run out of money for the lawsuit? Did someone sign him, somehow making the last 2 years non existent?

This was too big to just say "no comment but it's over"...

effzee

Oct 26, 2017
NJ
I see some on twitter saying the settlement is probably north of $50M.

Man I'd love for the Eagles to pick him up now, after Foles leaves.

Hindl

Oct 25, 2017
Once the NFL lost their request for a summary judgement, they realized Kap could likely win and also they'd be open to discovery. Better to just pay him whatever he wants since they have infinite money than reveal all their dirty laundry