• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Jerm411

Oct 27, 2017
Clinton, MO
As a Chiefs fan, I don't know what to think....I'm not married to draft picks and Veach could trade back into the 1st if he wanted to.

It's more the combination of giving up the picks and $$$ to someone with such a checkered background...

I do look forward to him and Jones wreaking havoc though.

NinjaScooter

Oct 25, 2017
The Chiefs definitely needed another guy who beats up women. I can't wait for a certain somebody to come in here and tell us he's a changed man.

Fitts

You know what that means
Oct 25, 2017
Good trade for both. Chickens need to reload and KC needs to win now.

And it's going to be all the better when KC doesn't win now and everything goes to shit.

Deleted member 4179

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Chiefs gave me hope for one season, but at least I can't be disappointed from here on out. Fuck Reid, fuck Veach. What a massive mistake.

OfficerRob

Oct 25, 2017
Chiefs gave up too much. Now they gotta pay Frank Clark, Chris Jones, and potentially Tyreek Hill MASSIVE money

natjjohn

Oct 25, 2017
Think Chiefs got fleeced personally. I'm not sure they are the team on the rise anymore. Lost Hunt, Ford, Houston. Mortgage the future somewhat by trading a first and a second and dole out 21m/ year approximately. Who knows whether Hill plays. Kelce getting old. Watkins is always hurt.

Mahomes still elevated them highly, but seems they could be a team that busts rather than booms over the next 3-4 years.

Last edited:

Doomsayer

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Chiefs got rekt on that trade. I think it makes sense for them because they are going all in, but to give up those draft picks when their secondary is a dumpster fire... oof.

49ers are also fucking trash. When even a kicker is requesting trades? This season should be fun.

Doom

Oct 27, 2017
New Jersey
I feel like I'm missing something here. Clark is good but he's not Mack/Donald good. He's not even DLaw good.

I guess KC is looking at it as they're giving up late picks in those rounds anyway. But that contract is even more than they would've had to pay for Ford and it's not like there's some major talent separation between Ford and Clark.

RBH

Official ERA expert on Third Party Football
Nov 2, 2017
Someone should tell the Niners that Roberto Aguayo is available.

3buSZPg.jpg

"I would like to re-join my friends DMczaf and snesfreak in Tampa Bay!"

10494542-large.jpg

Me too!"

Oct 27, 2017
Think Chiefs got fleeced personally. I'm not sure they are the team on the rise anymore. Lost Hunt, Ford, Houston. Mortgage the future somewhat by trading a first and a second and dole out 21m/ year approximately. Who knows whether Hill plays. Kelce getting old. Watkins is always hurt.

Mahomes still elevated them highly, but seems they could be a team that busts rather than booms over the next 3-4 years.

What's the window on Mahomes' payday as well? Next off season or the one after?

Jerm411

Oct 27, 2017
Clinton, MO

The 2nd round pick is the lower of their 2 2nd round picks next season...and who exactly were they going to draft at 29 that will even come close to the impact that Clark will have?

Mortgaging the future lol? Man NFL fans' obsession with draft picks is something I'll never understand...

Ford is wildly inconsistent and injury prone, Houston is on the downside of his career....the defense is already wayyyy better on paper than last year and there's still the draft to go and the rest of the offseason.

All the defense has to do is be in the top 15 range for them to be legit SB threats, it's going to be there.

The more I think about it, the more this is a great trade for both teams.

chuckddd

Oct 25, 2017
Seattle had no choice but to trade Clark. Russ is chewing up 90% of the cap. Sure they got a first round pick, but it's late. The 'chickens really need to hit on some picks so they can contend with some cheap talent.

Jerm411

Oct 27, 2017
Clinton, MO
I feel like I'm missing something here. Clark is good but he's not Mack/Donald good. He's not even DLaw good.

I guess KC is looking at it as they're giving up late picks in those rounds anyway. But that contract is even more than they would've had to pay for Ford and it's not like there's some major talent separation between Ford and Clark.

Look at Clark and Lawrence's stats...they're very similar with Clark playing one less season, he has more sacks and QB hits as well.

And please, Ford isn't even close to Clark...come on lol.

OfficerRob

Oct 25, 2017
Look at Clark and Lawrence's stats...they're very similar with Clark playing one less season, he has more sacks and QB hits as well.

And please, Ford isn't even close to Clark...come on lol.
Last three years:

Ford had 25 sacks in 37 games, .675 sacks per game
Clark had 32 sacks in 47 games, .680 sacks per game

Bitanator

Oct 27, 2017
Sack numbers are bullshit and do not accurately judge the success year to year, case in point, the perennially loser Vic Beasley